Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Adi KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I had a corn on my leg I applied the corn bandages and it wasn't there anymore but later on I got another corn there what should I do?
I have white spots on my right hand. They are there since I was 3 years old. I have tried lots of treatments for 12 years. But there is no effect on them. What should I do now?
I am 23 old female I am suffering from hair fall and alopecia from last one year. I am really worried about my hair thinning day by day. I loss more than 100 strands every time while combing in a day rest I found my filled hair every where on bed while washing. On bag on clothes I am totally depressed and unconfident now in my life. I take many treatment from hospitals doctors also home remedies ayurvedas but no improvement. Please help me my forehead is going to clean day by day there is no hair bunch is left on my scalp I can feel my scalp very easily. Please help me. Thank you.
Hi this is bhavya am 28 years old. I suffering from hair fall. So much hair fall every day. .am having 18 months old baby. I didn't take any nutrient medicines like calcium nd iron after delivery. I am thinking may b it is because of nutrient deficiency. .pls let me knw doctors. .
I am 31 years old male. I have dry skin problem from past many years. Using ointments like moisturising cream but all are transient solutions. Sometimes red patches are noticeable also on back, chest and stomach in hot environment. Please suggest the treatment.
I am suffering from face irritation and allergies in Summer. How it can be recovered. Please suggest me.
Ringworm on my private part is too much wide nd strong. Im suffering frm last year. Ive taken many medicines like it mac, Candiforce, triben ip Cream, cetirizine ip 10 mg. How can I get rid of it?
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. However, as far as safety is concerned, you should know that chemical peels have some side effects.
- They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills.
- Scarring can occur and cold sores can get reactivated.
Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.