Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AchudanandhamYour feedback matters!
I am having sex timing problem my discharge time is very low want to get scatifited timing with my partner.
I always suffers from cold and sneezing during night and morning .And feels breathlessness and continuous sneezing. I.e always more then 10 times I sneeze.
I am a working guy recently I am facing a head ache which is not gone yet shall I go to a doctor or take a regular medicine.
I am 19 years old and I want to increase my penis size and width, can you suggest me the ways, how to get it?
I am having problem of premature ejaculation. Moreover sometimes the tip of penis feel jealous while intercourse.
I have had ankle injuries twice in a span of 15 days. Got it checked there was no fracture. But its been now 3 months and still it hurts sometimes while I walk. What should I do?
Hi my husband is 33 years old for the last 3 months during night he feels like urinating more often. Once he comes back after urinating again after 4-5 mins he feels like paas in urine. Some drops also comes out after he rubs the penis. This continues till he sleeps at night. Is this a problem .what could be the reason and solutions for same.
If you are feeling lethargic, it’s time that you get sufficient amount of vitamin B12 in your regular diet. Vitamins are wonderful gifts of nature to keep your organs and body healthy and active. Your brain stops functioning properly in case of vitamin B12 deficiency. Not just that, it has a wide range of health benefits. It keeps you moving and energetic in life. In fact, for a healthy life, you must make it an indispensable part of your existence. Most of us often forget to take vitamin rich diet and depend on junk food a lot. This dependency on fast foods leads to vitamin deficiency. According to a report, about 40% Americans are tested with low vitamin B12 levels.
This is not good for a healthy life. Thus, it is advisable that you take care of your diet. But prior to that, you must know why vitamin B12 is so essential. Well, here’s all that you get from vitamin B12:
- Provides energy: Vitamin B12 is needed for energy supply. It generates energy in your body and takes away lethargy from you. Your cells stay happy and healthy with the intake of vitamin B12. It balances your life by providing you the right amount of energy.
- Saves your heart: The cardiovascular system requires vitamin B12 for proper functioning. It removes a harmful protein homocysteine from the bloodstream. This compound can damage arteries and cause inflammatory and heart diseases.
- Strengthens your bones: Researchers have found that patients with osteoporosis have greater amounts of homocysteine in the blood. They have lower amounts of vitamin B12 in their bodies. Thus, sufficient intake of vitamin B12 protects bones. They help in calcium absorption and keep bones healthy.
- Prevents nerve damage: Vitamin B12 safeguards your nerves by keeping them away from toxins and free and harmful radicals in the bloodstream. They form a covering on the nerves called myelin sheaths. Nerves get damaged completely or partially without these covering.
- Keeps you away from depression: It regulates your mood by the production of a chemical called serotonin. Deficiency of vitamin b12 makes you feel lonely, irritated or frustrated always.
- Protects health of brain: Researchers believe that Alzheimer’s patients have poor B12 levels in the blood. This vitamin helps in protection of nerve cells and their coverings. They also protect the myelin sheaths of brain cells. An adequate amount of vitamin B12 in the body keeps you away from dementia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 20 years old I have full of dandruff and lies in my head pls suggest me some medicine for going this lies in my head.
Hi I sleep very less time, from my childhood I have a nerve weakness problem and due to this lack of sleep I am again getting that symptoms now, so can you provide me a proper solution for this.
From last week after I have noticed one thing that when I do sex without mood there is Acute burning on penis tip after ejaculation but when I do with mood the pain is light. I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED NOW. Is penis burning related with the mood? My case: Pains lasts for an hr& need an ice pack to get relief from pain .Done 1000 mg/ per week antibiotic course. Dr. Expected std and there was slight enlargement in prostate in ultrasound. But no infection in urine test. Sperm test ok. So he recommend prostate massage with finger. I did this for full mnth. After 15 days again burning started nw. Burning becomes worst if I urinate after ejaculation. Please Marital status: Single Are you sexually active? Yes Timing during intercourse/ masturbation: 1-5 minutes.
I am 42 years old male. I am diabetic patient and also suffer from gastritis. Endoscopy done 2 times in 10 months. H. Pilory seen in report. Sugar ppbs 150 Gastroenterologist give pantodac, moza5, perinorm, antacid syrup. But gas problem suddenly start in my body and I have only way to hospitalized. Doctor gives that inj lika pantropzole, lesuride and relax me. So tell me what do further assistance me.
My wife having problem of vulvar itching and burning. Is there any ointment or cream to cure this problem?
I am 21 years old and suffering from serious homohorroids but don't want to go through surgery as already have one. What to do?
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include;
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
- A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
- A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
- Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
- Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems
Various medications to help ease your urinary problems, including;
- Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
- Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
- Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
- Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH.