Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Aby AbrahamYour feedback matters!
There is a yellow spots in my teeth. I clean everyday but it remains. What should I do? I don't consume any tobacco or anything else which degrades teeth.
Being a diabetic and from past 20 years I have being taking homeopathic medicine and am 50 + , recently a doctor friend dentist advise me to go for allopathic treatment for sugar after seeing my tooth decay , he says you can't do implant because of homeopathic treatment. Can you please suggest. Thanks & Regards
Hello Sir, Sir I have two Canine tooth (one over one),Sir is it any disorder or not? I want to remove this, is my decision right or wrong please suggest me what I do with it?
Suffering from bleeding gums at the time of paste. Tried lot of thing but not getting relief. Try various best toothpaste but no effect advice me.
How can I remove cavity Of my teeth I used colgate closeup I have also problem mouth smell Kindly suggest me.
My girlfriend has problem in her gums. If she eat anything like apple, they may bleed, while brushing also they sometimes bleed, any sort of pressure causes them to bleed. The upper gums in the front have swollen and have turned red. This problem is there for 2 years.
My wisdom tooth is growing due to which lower jaw part has swelled a bit also its paining inside and I cannot have food properly kindly suggest any medicine.
I have been getting bloods and pus from my gums since last 3-4 days because of a new tooth and its very painful. Please suggest some medicines to get rid of it.
There are gaps between my teeth which makes my face look so bad and ugly. please suggest me some ways to overcome this problem and look good.
Sir/madam I have a problem with my teeth i. E one teeth is came out but some part is remains inside and also food is stored in that place it was not coming out it troubles so much please tell me what to do thank you.
I am 42 years old with good health but I am facing problem mouth ulcers frequently every month, I do not use to chew any type of tobacco, cigarette or drinks, please suggest me what's the reasons.
I am 65 years old male. I am suffering frequent mouth ulcer/on tongue I am not taking spicy foods, eventhough symptom occurs. Pl guide.
Hi, I am having toothache from last 3 days. I found that it is tooth decay. Now am pregnant with 4 weeks. Can I have tooth decay treatment now. Is anaesthesia necessary?
Do whitening toothpaste whiten teeth more then regular toothpaste. Is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
1. Proper brushing: One of the easiest steps to do to help your teeth keep clean. When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line. Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles. Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up-and-down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding. To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45-degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up-and-down motion. Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria, which might cause bad breath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
?2. Flossing: We know, it’s a chore and a lot of times forgetful after brushing if rushing out the door or heading to bed. However, flossing can help you remove food particles and other detrimental substances that brushing regularly cannot. Flossing allows you to reach deep between your teeth where the toothbrush bristles cannot reach or even mouthwash cannot wash away. We recommend flossing at least once a day.
3. Avoid tobacco: This will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
4. Limit sodas, coffee, and alcohol: Although these beverages contain a high level of phosphorous, which is a necessary mineral for a healthy mouth, too much phosphorous can deplete the body’s level of calcium. This causes dental hygiene problems such as tooth decay and gum disease. Beverages containing additives such as corn syrup and food dye can make pearly white teeth appear dull and discolored. Therefore, it is best to choose beverages like milk, which helps strengthen teeth and build stronger enamel, giving you a healthy, beautiful smile and water which hydrates your body longer than sugary drinks.
5. Consume calcium and other vitamins that are good for the body: You need plenty of calcium for your teeth. It is essential for the teeth as well as your bones. It is better to drink milk, fortified orange juice and to eat yogurt, broccoli, cheese, and other dairy products. You can also take a calcium supplement, taking different doses according to your age and necessity as per prescription. Calcium and vitamin d are necessary for maintaining the health of gums and teeth. Vitamin b complex is also essential for the protection of gums and teeth from cracking and bleeding. Copper, zinc, iodine, iron and potassium are also required for maintaining healthy dental hygiene.
6. Visit your dentist: You should visit your dentist at least twice a year to have a full hygiene treatment performed. Also at these appointments, a comprehensive exam is taken with x-rays to help detect and prevent future dental treatments from occurring.
7. Use mouthwash along side brushing and flossing: Mouthwash is not particularly necessary and not all mouthwashes are useful. Mouthwashes containing Listerine our chlorine dioxide are very helpful because they help to kill and maintain the bacteria in your mouth. It can help maintain good breath as well as help maintain strong teeth. Mouthwash cannot do all the work but if your are already brushing, flossing, visiting the dentist and eating well, mouthwash is the cherry on top that will make your dental health great.
8. Having a toothache or noticing other dental symptoms: ?if you are having tooth and jaw pain make an appointment as soon as possible. Your dentist needs to diagnose the underlying cause and correct it before it turns into a greater problem.
9. Look at the big picture: Everyone understands that you should take care of your teeth to avoid toothaches, maintain your looks and keep dental bills at bay. Many people, however, don’t understand how crucial oral health is to our total health picture. Tooth problems can lead to diabetes, heart disease, systemic infections, an inability to eat or speak properly and other maladies – some life-threatening. Crooked or crowded teeth can contribute to gum disease that can eventually lead to tooth loss. Straight teeth are no longer just for looks.
10. Clean your tongue: ?Clean the surface of your tongue daily. By using a professional tongue cleaner, you remove countless bacteria that otherwise live, particularly on the rougher top surface of your tongue. These can contribute to bad breath (halitosis) and negatively affect your dental health.
Hi Doctor, My mother is suffering from toothache, and could resist the pain, please suggest good tablets which cures her tooth ache.
Its symptoms are:-
1. Reduced mouth opening
2. Vesicle formation on inner cheek (buccal mucosa) lips, palate etc
3. Problem in chewing spicy food
4. Feeling tightness in jaw muscles
1. Cessation of tobacco chewing habit
2. Laser treatment
4. Topical and intramucosal steroids
5. Lycopene preparations
6. Antifibrotic drugs
Any of these treatments should always be followed by a qualified dentist /oral surgeon's consultation.