Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abirami SundariYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from migraine head ache since 5years. I am taking treatment and using ZEROGRAIN tabs. Please give me some advice to avoid this.
I am 20 and I have been suffering from migraine since 4-5 years. Actually no doctor detected it as migraine before. Now about 1 month ago an Rheumatologist detected it as migraine. I have been taking medicines since 2 months but they are not much effective.
I am 36 Years old male. I frequently get migraine pain. I am getting migraine pain once in a ten days period, it often lasts only a day or so but sometimes longer. When headache occur I take paracetamol 500mg, which gives me relief. I have been facing migraine problem more than 4 years. What should I do to avoid migraine pain.
Sir, My index finger is moving without my knowledge, is it weakness or what, kindly suggest medical advice.
I am 34 years old male, diabetic, high cholesterol, some times my left am find numbness and small pain, what can it be? any home care I can follow.
I feel I am suffering from Alzheimer's, have bad memory, very forgetful about everything, bad in planning things or decision making, very irritable, difficulty with self care, mood swings. How do I know I am really suffering from the same?
My sister was. Accident in bike. She had head injury two cracked in brain little brain was cracked. Doctor said that she had critical to operate. What will do. Pls give me suggestion.
When I was small I use to faint on one ocassion of the other. At the age of 19, I developed some unpleasantness in my body. I was told that it is not stomch problem rather schizophrenia. I took medicine and did a lot of exercise I became normal. Subsequently, at the age 31 the same problem replapsed. This lasted for two years & medicine and exercise were of no help. Subsequently, I improved through some homepathic medicine. At the age of 50, the same problem began and I fainted on several ocassions. After thinking it to be again a' psychiatric problem, I was told that it is' seizure. I took medicine for 4 years but all through I was not the same self. When the doctor reduced medicine the seizure once again recurred. At age of 56 years I am both on psychiatric medicine (nexito 10) and neurological medicine (3 eptoin & 1-2 lacoset). What is the problem with me? is it going to last for the remaining years of my life? does schizophernia at an earlier stage becomes epilepsy in the later stage of life? as per horroscope moon means mind and 6th house means desease. My simple strength moon is the 6th house. Moon also means mother. My sister was born 11 months after my birth and hence separated. When I was borne there was heavy rain and there was moon in the sky. On fool moon day i. E. Lunar the lunatics in an assylum are told to see the full moon.
The neurones in the brain are constantly reorganising their connections both functionally and physically according to the environment, your thinking and behaviour. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. Through neuroplasticity the nerve cells of brain can compensate for injury to some parts of the brain and enable a person to recover from stroke, birth abnormalities. It is also beneficial in treating autism, ADD, learning disabilities and helps manage obsessive compulsive disorders.
Here are seven things you should know about neuroplasticity.
- Change depends on the attentiveness of the brain: Neuroplasticity changes can only happen if the brain is alert and active. When the brain is active it releases neurochemicals that are necessary for the neurone connections to change. If a person is distracted to inattentive, these changes cannot happen.
- The more the effort; the bigger the change: Neuroplasticity changes depend on how motivated the person is to change or learn new tasks. For this reason, when it comes to using neuroplasticity for physiotherapy, it is essential to first deal with any depression or anxiety issues the patient might be having before attempting to rehabilitate them.
- It helps strengthen neural connections: Repetition of actions is one of the key elements of neuroplasticity in physiotherapy. Through this, the strength of neurone connections is strengthened to include sensory information, movement and cognitive patterns.
- It improves cell to cell connections: This is crucial to a patient’s rehabilitation as it increases reliability and makes a person more independent. In turn, this makes behaviour patterns more reliable.
- It helps predict actions: A task can usually be broken down into a series of smaller tasks. For example, feeding oneself can be broken down into steps that begin with lifting a spoon and filling it with food to finally putting the spoon into your mouth. Hence, along with completing an action, the brain must also know what to do next. Neuroplasticity helps improve this associative flow and allows the brain to predict the next step.
- Changes can be temporary or permanent: Initial changes due to neuroplasticity are temporary ad only if the brain determines the experience to be desired is this change made permanent. This is why when treating mobility issues, patients are not always able to repeat tasks in the same way.
- Memory guides the learning: When making new neural connections through neuroplasticity, the brain is taught to discard unsuccessful attempts and only remember the experience of the successful attempts. From here, adjustments are made to improve the connection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.