Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
I am 40 years old and having migraine since 30 years . Nowadays my sensitivity towards migraine has become more, I am experiencing extreme giddiness, like in fainting, while in sleeping posture. I fell in the bathroom and lost consciousness suddenly during a migraine attack once. My husband brought me outside and he observed that I was neither speaking or was responding to his speech. He said that all I did was kept staring. Then I became normal after 5 minutes and did not remember anything which happened after I lost my consciousness. And recently after a headache I came across a very unusual and very new kind of experience while asleep. I was sleeping and suddenly one side of my whole body became numb. I could not speak anything nor could I move any part of my body and could do nothing to call for help. This condition lasted for 10 to 15 seconds of time. Then it became normal and I fell asleep. It was normal after I woke up also but the migraine headache persisted.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy.
Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet," provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein.
Several studies have shown that the ketogenic diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications.
I have migraine from many years. I know there is no immediate remedy. But can you please suggest an idea where I can relieve a bit during head ache? Thanks in advance.
My daughter aged 34 yrs, mother of a son has been suffering from JO-1 syndrome ever since delivery of the child age 4.5 yrs. Your advice please. 2. My brother age 42 years suffering from EPILEPSY FOR LAST 20 YRS now on regular medicine yet not being controlled. Your advice please.
My husband is suffering from cold and flu. Since 3 days. He is taking paracetamol but he is still not feeling well. Today he is shivering too. Doctor please suggest what should I do. Any home remedy for today. Tomorrow will go to near by clinic. Is this common flu or any thing else.
Mere husband ki arm kuch thodi si uth jaati h but finger bilkul bhi nahi kaam karta h so please ap se request he ki aap mujko apni kuch dawa by post kar de jisse mai unko kuch theek kar paau but unko sugar ki problm bhi he and BP bhi teek rehta he unka bas ap se ye request he k aap unki help kre jise unka arm kaam karne lag jaaye or leg bhi left side se kam krne lag jaye
My father suffering from infection on left brain. As problem light sensibity, right hand tremor, speaking and unable to balance himself. After many tested Doctor suspected enchephatics and give medicine for 1 month. Today 12 days of take medicine his eye light sensibility and hand tremor solve. But still he could not balance himself and unable to speak. But new problem got like sensness when feeding look like he is sleeping for few seconds. What to do Sir/Mam please! Suggest.
My father 60 yesrs old man 2 sall pahle unka brain haemorrage ho gaya h. Abhi wo tik se nahi chal pa rahe h. Please send ans and medicne.
Since I was baby. I have prblm of shivering. My hands shiver continues even when I write. My father have same prblm. What should I do?
I have been suffering from severe head aches as soon as I get up in the morning. The ache starts in my occipital region and it spreads to the frontal region within few hours. It is sure not migraine. But why do I keep suffering from it?
Sir, my age is 28 years. I had been diagnosed with Gilbert's syndrome in 2004. Earlier, I used to be sharper & attentive. But since 2009, I have started forgetting things. I don't find myself focused on a particular thing. I can't perform multiple tasks at a time (that much effectively). I searched the net and found out that GS patients may develop forgetfulness. Is GS the primary cause of these things? In that case, what should I do to rectify my GS? Some examples of problems faced by me (not always) : 1. I want to copy files from x folder to y. I go to x, select files (takes some time) and moves to paste it but where ? I forgot. Then after 2-3 seconds, I remember and paste it to y folder. 2. I had given the room key to x person while working on something (sitting with z person). After finishing work, we (myself & Z) returned to room to see room is locked. I started searching key (which I usually keep in my left pocket). Didn?t find it. Started searching other pockets. Not getting it. Panicked. Went back to the place I was sitting. Z person waited there itself. Didn?t find there too. On the way back to room, y person handed over me the key (in front of Z). I wonder how come it reached to him. He explained the key has been given to him by x person. I am still clueless how did it reach to x person. Z person (who was till then enjoying my fiasco) reminded me of giving the key to x. Then only I remembered. Quite embarrassing it was! 3. Locked the door. Came downstairs. Started thinking I haven?t. Needed to go back to check it again. (Had I been attentive enough while locking itself, I wouldn't have required to go back & check).
Hi sir, I am 26 years old boy. I can't write properly I feel shiver in my hand whenever I start writing. If two three people stand in front of me and ask me to write I am unable to write properly. I do hand job once a week is it a problem for my shivering in hand. I m unmarried. I am unable to understand whats wrong with me. please prescribe something.
Hi Sir. My mother suffering paralysis (blood clot in brain) she didn't able to talk and right leg, right hand not working from 15 October 2015 still condition are same. Treatment is going on daily medicine.
A migraine is one of the worst form of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralized workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.