Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Abirami SundariYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, it seems that I have a lot of headaches lately, I assume that it is migraine, what should I do to reduce the effects of migraine?
I get a very bad headache I tried many doctors they say it might be migraine but my headache is so worse that I have to tie a cloth around my head so tight jus to get relief from that pain whereas medicines don't work what might be the reason?
I am having bells palsy (right face) n I m 23 years old. M having since 6 month. It is 70 % cured. Should it consider rest 30% to be permanent for life. N does smoking affect bells palsy.
Sir I'm female 30 years old. I'm suffering from Migraine and I'm on medication since 2003 but don't feel much effect. Dr. advised me Mbeta 40, Ciplar 10, Propornol 80, topomac 25. Almost I have taken every kind of medicine for my problem now I'm having burning sensation in my left side of head every time. Not any medicine is providing me relief so far. Actually in 2003 My parents got divorced and I got depressed a lot. After that I was in relationship for about 7 year and on just before my marriage, our relation broke. This gave biggest ever shock to me and I was on physiatrist treatment for 6 months but problem was same. Now my mood remain down and dont feel happy at all, sometime feels pain in my heart also. Just want to spent time alone and I weep alone. Want to come out off all such situation.
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea.
I have a migraine problem. I do not like noise at all but very few people understand it. How to get rid of migraine.
I have migraine. It gets worse when I go through stress. Any headache tablets will not help me. Suggest me few remedies which can help me.
I have short time memory loss suddenly. I am afraid of whether it is only causing for continuous hand job. Where I do it for 4-5 times in a week. Is the memory loss causing for this reason. Are any. If any means please tell me for what memory loss is occurring.
Am 30 years ,I had migraine 6 days in my right side it's from 2 years it coming once in every month ,please tell reason and what to do.
I am 67 years old I am diabetic for last 10 years. I take one glucored forte daily. Sugar is under control. I get numbness and pain in feets and palms what should I do?
I have pcod, doctor prescribes metformin, but since I have migraine problem I get severe headache whenever I have metformin. What should I do?
For migraine which sos is btr with less side effects and more effectiveness out of the two-suminat and headset?
Mansi( name changed) is a young 27-year-old epilepsy patient.her seizures are under complete control since the past two years yet her family wonders as to why do she continues to be withdrawn, low on energy and cry's often. Empirical evidence and research have drawn a link with depression post-AED (Antiepilepsy Drugs).
Depression is comorbid with epilepsy.It can proceed epilepsy.It can post an epilepsy attack.Social factors also play a role in its occurrence.
Here it is essential for family members to be empathetic and supportive towards the patient.