Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AbhiramYour feedback matters!
Me and my teacher have kissed each other. Nd exchanged saliva. My lips were dry. But he was having wet lips. We kissed for 2 times at a time. I am worried now will it cause pregnancy? He touched my body but wid clothes. Will it also cause pregnancy?
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled, even though she's on her periods. We're very concerned and have intention to have a baby now.
Dear Sir/madam, my wife got periods on today means 18/08/2015, wat is best dates and times for conceive for a baby, which date have do sex with my wife, pls help me.
How to reduce weight? I am unable to control my weight gain post my c-sec delivery. Please if you can advise. Thank you.
My periods are due after 3 days and I had sexual intercourse with my partner in 12th this month, that is 10 days ago. I am experiencing brown vaginal discharge and rashes and have lower back pain. Could I have a STD or its just the pre symptoms of periods?
My tsh level is 8.86. And I am anxious to conceive, doctor suggested me to have eltroxin of 50 mcg a day. My doubt is will my tsh level go down quickly if I use 100 mcg a day? so that I can conceive faster? please suggest me.
I am suffering irregular periods I have consult a lady doctor they said there is over weight gain that's why you r suffering from irregular period.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Respected Sir/Madam 21/3/17 afternoon around 2 PM, I had a sexual intercourse with my husband and I bleed, to avoid pregnancy I ate a few pieces of papaya in the evening and in the night when I went to the toilet, I started bleeding again please help me to know why did I bleed when I went to the toilet? Is it normal or is there something serious? Also want to know is there any chance to get pregnant if yes then how do I avoid it? And I'm planning to take i-pills because it's almost 50 hours so I'm planning to take medicine. Pls give me the your valuable suggestions. Hoping for your quick reply thank you.
Inregular Preiod problem 3 month tak ata nahi hai kya karu fir a jata hai our 4 month ka bad firse yahi problem.
We are planning to make baby by 4 months. Still I am unable to conceive. Last month I had intercourse between 6 to 20 days of menstrual cycle. My period delayed in this month by 5 days. First I thought I may be pregnant let me check after 2 days. But unfortunately I attended my period again. Which made me upset a lot. Really it making me feel question mark whether I am fit to become mother or not. My laws are questioning me about my health. Wich stills puts me under lots of pressure. please help me doctor Wat things or work I should avoid when my period gets delayed.
My sister is 21 year old. She is suffering from jaundice. Her last bilirubin test report was 2.66. Her previous report was 8.64. Which got lowered to 2.66 she was having medicine sorbolin n liv52. She didn't have fever in this whole period of 20 days. Suddenly today she is having 102 fever. Way can be done now? Can paracetamol be given in this jaundice with fever phase? Require help as soon as possible.
Hi, I am 23 year old two weeks ago I had sex wid ma partner and took ipill after 2 days and after taking pill by mistakenly he sperm out inside again .on next two days so I took another pill. So is der any chances of pregnancy or any affect on my body. I am in trouble do not know what to do right now. I think I am pregnant.
There are two methods by which abortion can be done:
- Medical Abortion - Non-surgical abortion in which medicines are used to induce abortion
- Surgical Abortion - Use of transcervical procedures for terminating a pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration, and dilatation and evacuation (D and E).
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
- If pregnancy is lesser than = 7 weeks; medical method with Mifepristone with Misoprostol is favorable as the success rate is as high as 97%.
- If pregnancy is between 7-12 weeks; surgical abortion is the only option.
- If pregnancy is beyond 12 weeks - 20 weeks, then the woman needs to be hospitalized and will be given either Mifepristone followed by Misoprostol tablet or only Misoprostol tablets and woman will then abort like a miscarriage in the hospital. If any products are remaining, then it will be evacuated surgically.
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion. If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. before 7 weeks, final choice has to be given to the woman.
Summary of choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
- Lesser than = 7 weeks - Medical method or surgical method
- 7-12 weeks - Surgical abortion
- 12 - 20 weeks - Medicines with or without surgical procedure in hospital
Advantages of Medical Abortion
- Avoid surgery - Controlled by the woman and may take place at home
- No need for admission to the hospital
- Usually, well tolerated by women, if properly counselled and motivated
- No need to take leave from work, as bleeding can be managed with menstrual pads even while in the office or at work.
Disadvantages of medical abortion
- Takes time (hours to days) to complete abortion, and the timing may not be predictable. Women experience bleeding and cramping, and potentially some other side-effects (nausea, vomiting, fever, and shivering). May require more clinic visits than surgical abortion.
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
- Quick procedure
- Complete abortion easily verified by evaluation of aspirated products of conception
- Takes place in a hospital so Sterilization or placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) may be performed at the same time as the procedure. It can be performed under local anaesthesia if woman is properly motivated and counselled
Disadvantages of surgical abortion
- Requires instrumentation of the uterus
- Small risk of uterine or cervical injury
- Timing of abortion controlled by the doctor and hospital
- Anaesthesia needs to be administered. Most doctors perform this procedure under short general anaesthesia. A woman needs to be in the hospital for at least 6 hours. Effect of sedation will be there throughout the day.