Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul BasithYour feedback matters!
I should be 9.4 week pregnant but my ultra sound show it is 6.6 week pregnancy .is it fine or some issues?
My mother has hb of 7. She has problem of menorrhagia. She has started on cycloreg. What should I do next?
I suffer with a ceviour stomach pain at the time of periods from last one year could you give any aid or remedy for my problem?
Keep getting boils on my uvula though they get cured but the frequency had increased to almost once a month.
She will become a mother on august 2016. She has fatty stomach. My question is can her delivery be normal or surgical.
Traditionally, the use of honey stretches back to time immemorial. It is still considered one of the most precious gifts of nature to mankind. Modern research also suggests that honey has unique medicinal and nutritional properties. Honey should be incorporated in your daily diet as it is one food which is naturally beneficial for your overall health and does have any side effects.
Following are the traditional uses of honey, according to ayurveda:
1. Prevents anemia: Honey contains high amounts of iron, manganese and copper which are very essential for building hemoglobin. According to ancient texts, honey is a traditional cure as well as prevention for anemia as it helps in maintaining the optimum level of red blood corpuscles and hemoglobin.
2. Promotes eye health: Honey has been used to treat various eye diseases since ancient times. It is known to improve vision with daily application. It is an effective cure against diseases like conjunctivitis, trachoma or even something as minor as eye itching. It is also beneficial to treat glaucoma in the early stages.
3. Skin care: Ancient texts on ayurveda mention that external application of honey is effective in curing sores or other wounds. It works like an antiseptic and helps to soothe pain and hastens the healing process. It is also used to treat skin burns or carbuncles.
4. Cure for coughs: Honey is extremely useful in treating coughs. It works as a demulcent which aids in soothing the swollen mucous membrane present on the upper respiratory tract. It relieves you from irritating coughs and associated symptoms like frequent spurts of cough while talking and difficulty in swallowing. It is a chief ingredient in ayurvedic cough syrups for the same reason. You can also try honey gargles to relieve pain from throat inflammation.
Day 14, found irregular follicle 11×13mm s/o ruptured follicle in right ovary? What does irregular follicle means? Endometrium 10.2mm.
I am a 35 years old female. My period is irregular but nowadays I have suffer period .I want to know my ovulation time. My last period started 17 jan 2017 and 2nd time it is started in 9 march 2017.
Osteoporosis is a degenerative condition connected with the bones. In this condition, the bones become absolutely brittle and hollow over a period of time. In normal scenarios, bones usually get broken down and repaired over time. They are known as the living tissue of the body. But when the old bone does not get removed due to the lack of new bone creation, this is known as osteoporosis. This disease can affect both men and women. Many women go through this condition after menopause. Let us find out more about the symptoms of this condition.
Causes: There are a variety of things that cause the painful symptoms of osteoporosis. Hormonal changes that affect the sex and thyroid hormones as well as adrenal and parathyroid glands are known to cause this condition. Also, low calcium intake over a prolonged period, especially after childbirth and during menopause can cause this condition in many women. Further, eating disorders where the patient practices severe restrictions when it comes to food intake, can also have a bearing on the person, which keeps the right nutrients from reaching the bones. Steroids and other kinds of medicines that have been used on a prolonged basis in order to treat cancer, gastric reflux, seizures and to cure transplant rejections, can also lead to this condition. Celiac disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel conditions and liver or kidney disease can also lead to osteoporosis.
- Fracture: One of the most common symptoms of osteoporosis includes fragile bones that may lead to fractures. Even a minor movement or a fall can cause a fracture as the bones are brittle and hollow. Because the bones are more delicate than usual, these fractures can be triggered easily by an impactful action like a particularly loud sneeze or a persistent cough.
- Neck and Back Pain: Compression fractures in the spine are a common occurrence for people who are suffering from osteoporosis. The vertebrae that have collapsed can pinch the nerves radiating from the spinal cord. This can be a very painful condition that goes from tender pain to debilitating sharp pain.
- Height: One of the most noticeable symptoms of osteoporosis includes the visible loss of height. A patient suffering from this condition will appear to have shrunk suddenly, in a very mild way. It can cause a condition known as kyphosis, which is basically a stooped back. Owing to this condition, there may be severe pain in the neck and lumbar, or lower back region as well.
- Emergency Situation: If you happen to be experiencing debilitating and sudden pain in the hip or wrists or other such areas, then it is recommended to see a doctor immediately as this could indicate a fracture.
Agar 1st delivery cesarin hui hai toh kya second b cesarin hogi compulsary. Mera first 4 saal pehle cesarin hua mai chahti hu k normal ho is bar toh mai kya kru. please suggest.
My wife has 17 days pregnancy (prega test was positive). But we do not want child now. How to avoid or drop this pregnancy without any future side effect?
How safe is it to have artificial sweeteners during pregnancy?
Ingredients that you generally come across in candies, soft drinks, desserts and so on are known as artificial sweeteners. Many women during their pregnancy include these ingredients (in the form of foods and drinks that have been artificially sweetened) in their diet so as to cut down the amount of sugar in their diet.
But before you go about including them in your diet during pregnancy, there are certain things that you need to be aware of. Artificial sweeteners are generally of two types - nutritive sweeteners and nonnutritive sweeteners, the former contains calories while the latter doesn't.
Which sweeteners are safe to have?
Nutritive sweeteners, when consumed in moderation, can be looked upon as safe to have when you're pregnant, as long as they don't add to your body weight. But if you suffer from carbohydrate intolerance like diabetes, insulin resistance or even gestational diabetes, you need to limit the consumption of nutritive sweeteners. This type of sweeteners includes the different forms of sugar sucrose, honey, corn sugar, maltose, fructose and dextrose.
On the other hand, non-nutritive sweeteners are found in small quantities in foods since their role there is to only add a certain sweetening effect to the food product. Experts are still carrying out research on the effects of this type of sweeteners on pregnant women and their babies during pregnancy. The category includes options like sucralose, aspartame, rebaudioside a or stevia and acesulfame potassium.
Which sweeteners are not safe to have during pregnancy?
Apart from certain sweeteners that you can have during this period, there are some that are a total no-go - these are saccharin and cyclamate. While insufficient data is available for the effect of cyclamate on pregnant women, several studies conducted in the past show the adverse effect of saccharin. Certain studies have revealed its effect on the bladder (it can lead to bladder cancer) as well as on fetal tissue and placenta. Contact with this form of sweeteners can cause the unborn or infants to develop muscle dysfunction and irritability
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
The perfect figure of a woman is 36-26-36 But I am 30-26-30. What I should do for the perfect figure.
I am 20 yrs girl. I will feel always tied and backache during my menses period plus normally I have digestion problem. Motion is not free to go. What can I do? I don't want tablets or any treatment. I need to clear by eating day to day foods so wat are the things I should add?
I'm a 24 years old girl. My mensuration not come yet. It already late 20 days. I test three time pregnancy usking kit. But result is negative. What should I do. Why my mensuration not come yet. Please help me.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on last month 27. Till now she did not have her periods (mensuration) came. After sex she took an I pill tab. And mostly on every month her mensuration date on last of every month. Are we in safe zone doctor? Is there any need of pregnancy check up required?
Early indications of pregnancy are not generally perceived, but the modest changes in your body capacity might be telling you something. Here are some signs, which mean, perhaps you are pregnant.
- Missed Period or Late Period
The clearest indication of pregnancy is a missed period. However, a missed period doesn't always mean you are pregnant. If your period is late when your menstrual cycle is quite regular, it might be an indication of pregnancy.
- Swollen Breasts
Soreness or shivering in your breasts is one of pregnancy's most basic symptoms. Right on time in pregnancy, the breasts will round out and change shape as they get ready to deliver milk.
Nausea is among one of the most well-known symptoms of pregnancy. It's brought about by an increase in the hormone levels. Almost 80 percent of women experience "morning sickness" during the initial three months of pregnancy. For some, this sickness is not just confined to the mornings and may take place throughout the entire day.
After 5 to 10 days of conceiving, light spotting might be found when the embryo implants itself in the uterus.
- Enhanced Urine Frequency
If you're pregnant, your uterus puts pressure directly on the bladder prompting more urination. The additional weight and intestinal changes may bring about a blockage.
Women feel exceptionally tired and drained during pregnancy. Fatigue is one of the primary indications of pregnancy.
- Mood Swings
Avid emotional mood swings occur in women during pregnancy. If your temper is always fluctuating or going up and down, it may be an indication that you might be pregnant.
- Enhanced Sensitivity to Smell
Women during pregnancy develop an enhanced smell sensitivity. Any common or normal smell may seem to be intense and long lasting. This is a genuine signal.
- Darkening of the Areolas
Areolas are the circles around your nipples. During pregnancy, due to increased hormone secretion, the areolas become dark and wide. This is a common indication.
- Enhanced Craving for Food
Pregnancy increases the drive for food craving in women. Pregnant women find themselves consuming a huge amount of food, which is abnormal.
- Strange Metallic Taste in the Mouth
Some women may feel an odd metallic taste in their mouth, which may signify pregnancy.
Added pressure on the kidneys and bladder may lead to constipation in pregnant women. This is another indication.
These are some common signs, which may imply that you are pregnant, and should take a pregnancy test soon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.