Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abby Abraham
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Abby AbrahamYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 20 years old and am getting the bad breath after 8 hours taking brush and my colleagues are saying about it. So please suggest me something.
Hello sir, I have a small lumps in inner tongue area and feel something stuck in my upper throat . Have browsed internet and worried about oral cancer I used to smoke rarely and usually maintain low oral hygiene , I don't hav any symptom of oral cancer as shown in net but it's been for two weeks now Started feeling this lumps when one day I had stomach upset.
Hi .Dr. L have been always suffering with sore mouth every 2 weeks of the every month. please guide me for precautions and treatment for it.
I had a swollen uvula, from that moment after 2 to 3 months I can still feel that something is still not fully normal what should I do?
1. What does the toothpaste do?
Toothpaste is an abrasive material which helps in mechanical action of toothbrush in removing plaque and debris from teeth and gums. Some medicated toothpastes are available which contain fluoride which helps in preventing tooth decay. Also toothpaste helps in removing bad breath and halitosis.
2. How much toothpaste do we need to brush our teeth?
For kids below 3 years of age just a “Smear” of toothpaste is needed.
For age above 3 years “Pea size” amount of tooth paste is enough.
3. Can we brush our teeth without toothpaste?
Major cleaning action is performed by toothbrush & toothpaste is only an adjunct to it. So, minimal amount of toothpaste is sufficient combined with a good brushing technique.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessmnt of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite resin filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.