Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aarthi Kumaravelu
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Aarthi KumaraveluYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is a chronic condition where glucose level of your body rises too high. There are two types of diabetes type 1 and type 2. In case of type 1 diabetes, the body fails to produce insulin and people suffering from this condition have to depend on insulin injections for the rest of their life. In case of type 2 diabetes the body produces less amount of insulin which is not enough for the proper functioning of the body. This type of diabetes can be kept under control by following a healthy diet and practicing exercise regularly.
Why diabetic wounds can cause severe problems?
Diabetes can cause a number of complications that makes it harder for certain wounds to heal. These include:
- Nerve damage: Until a cut or blister worsens and becomes inflamed, in case of neuropathy, you will not experience the pain. Diabetics often suffer from neuropathy, making it difficult for wounds to heal.
- Weak immune system: A minor wound may even get severe and become infected if your immune system fails to exercise its natural defenses.
- Narrow arteries: Blocked arteries may cause severe wounds which becomes difficult to heal. Clogged arteries make it difficult for the blood to flow to the affected area which slows the process of wound healing.
Treating a diabetic wound
You can follow the methods mentioned below to avoid getting infected:
- Taking care of the wound immediately. If the wound is not cleaned and taken care of, letting bacteria to build up, it can lead to infection.
- Avoid using soaps and hydrogen peroxide to irritate the injury. Use antibiotic lotions to prevent infection and use a sterile bandage to keep the affected area covered.
- Consult your doctor before any minor problems turn to larger ones
- Since the bottom of the foot is a common place for developing blisters and calluses in case of diabetic people, try to keep pressure off the wound as it slowly heals If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
When I can understand that I shall be fallen in fever in later sometime, then what medicine I can take to stop my fever?
Every morning when I get up at 4.00am during my exams I have running nose for sometime. Why is it happening?
I am 35 yrs female I feel weak headache don't feel like doing anything feel like lying down and always feel like vomiting.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? (I'm 5'6" and weigh more than 220 pounds.)
Migraine is a type of headache which can occur in varied intensities; the pain resulting from a migraine is pulsating and throbbing. This sort of a headache is usually accompanied by extreme sensitivity to sounds and light as well as severe nausea. One feature that significantly differentiates between migraine and any other type of headache is that the headache resulting from migraines usually develops on any one side of the head.
Causes of Migraine-
The exact cause behind migraine is yet to be fully understood. Migraines are thought to be a result of combination of genetic and environmental factors.In majority of cases, migraines tend to run in families . There are few well known trigger factors for migraine. These are – stress, exertion, gastric disturbances, eating heavy food stuff, taking alcoholic drinks, coffee intake, hormone changes in females.
Symptoms of Migraine-
The most characteristic symptom of migraine is one sided headache mostly of violent, throbbing and pulsating in nature. The accompanying symptoms include nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision, flashes of light before eyes, double vision, light/sound sensitivity, confusion and weakness.
Homeopathic Treatment for Migraine Headaches-
Conventional mode of treatment only gives temporary relief in migraine cases. While homeopathic relief for migraine promises a permanent cure for headaches. Homeopathic medicines treat the person as a whole and try to eradicate the tendency towards a particular disease. Homeopathic treatment for migraine is done in two phases. In first phase, the homeopathic medicines aims to reduce the intensity and frequency of migraine attacks. In second phase. homeopathic medicines works to eradicate the chronic tendency to migraines. Some of the commonly used homeopathic treatments for migraines have been discussed below:
- Glonoine: This can be a very effective remedy if the symptoms include redness of the skin and a sensation of rush of blood to the head. The pain in the head is usually aggravated when you are out in the sun.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the most effective remedy for migraines if you experience symptoms of a throbbing headache in parts of your head. The pain tends to worsen by sudden movements, sound or light.
- Natrum muriaticum: Migraines that are caused by mental stress or grief are very effectively treated by Natrum muriaticum. These headaches may be accompanied by temporary loss of vision. These symptoms tend to aggravate during the day.
- Sanguinaria: This remedy is effective in treating any pain that starts on the right side of the head and spreads to the right eye. Usually, the veins around the sides of the head tend to become enlarged.
- Warning:Never treat yourself for migraine problems. Any form of migraine is complex and treatment needs to be supervised by an experienced health practitioner.