Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Vinod Prakasam
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. A Vinod PrakasamYour feedback matters!
I kept water for stray dog outside my home. Two stray dog drank that. I left that water there itself. On next day my 5 months old cat drank that water. After 30 min my cat bitten me while playing. No blood came but it teared my skin immediately I applied dettol, after 8hr I take TT injection and then after 24hr I take 1st dose anti rabis vaccine (they said injection name abayrash 1 dose 350rs) On day 3 and day 6 I took injection (abayrash 2 and abayrash3) Now doctor telling me 4th dose is not need if cat was healthy. I told that water story. But doctor was in hurry mood and telling IS THAT CAT SAFE? THEN NO NEED. What if dogs are not healthy?
I wanna ask for my pet Labrador, he is suffering from kidney dysfunction, last 1.5 month he is not able to eat any thing as I tried he start vomit after a couple of hours, blood test kft done on 28/10/17. Result are 1) serum phosphorous 18.4 2) serum sodium 149.6 3) blood urea 210.8 4) serum creatinine 20.4 5) serum uric acid 1.01 6) albumin 2.71 7) a:g ratio 0.66 These all are bold in test. Please suggest what should I do he is one of my life member whom I love so much age 8 years. Is there any possibility to make him fine .any kind of treatment.
Hello! I had bought an new one and half month old puppy. It was sleeping always and some times only active and not eating well too. Please tell what is the reason for it.
What should be the temperature range in which kitten live? When at what age will they do not need mother's milk? What will mother do if we give her kitten to new owner?
My dog is 10 DAY old and he shivering at night. Can you explain why? And what precaution we should take.
I have a rottweiler puppy about 70 days old got problem in his rear legs i.e lameness. As one Dr. Told me that he got ligament problem in his rear legs. He got this problem after about 50 days. Before that he was alright. Now could you please guide me what is best solution for this problem.
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My bithch has swelling in it's ear n it's really painfull to see her like this also it has rashes on it's stomach please suggest me what to do ?
Hiii, is feeding curd rice good or bad for German Shepherd and how to take care it in summer. Thank you.
My dog is gsd 1 month old but i am cofuse her coat is single,doble ya midium because sb alg alg btarhe hai or use food mei kya de bcoz wo kuch b ni khata h thoda bhut he khta h osko bhuk bdane ka b tonik diya but fir b koi fark ni pdra ya ose jo food hm dere h wo acha ni lgta nd wo bar bar toilet jata hai or khi b kr deta h .M kya kru nd oska khane ka tym table kese manage kru?
My pet dog is 2.5 months, he is always upto biting us and scratching walls to lick the plaster. Sometimes he use to dig the soil in park and try yo eat that. Is it normal or we should give him some treatmemt? thanks.
Factors contributing to obesity are-
Food type: Feeding carb rich and excessive fatty food has cumulative effect leading to obesity.
Neutering - calorie requirements reduce post neutering as the metabolic rate lowers. controlled intake and regular activity helps to keep obesity at bay.
Diseases - Hypothyroidism, Cushing's Disease (excess intrinsic steroids), diabetes etc
Adverse effects of obesity:
Early onset of osteoarthritis/joint disease
Breathing difficulty in short snouted breeds like pugs
Heart disease/high blood pressure
Pancreatitis/hepatitis in cats
Obesity in Pets is completely preventable disease. Cost of managing a obese pet can be financially as well as emotionally taxing. Its always better to prevent than cure!!!!
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.
I have 1 month 7 day old beagle he bites a lot and tries to eat everything in the house and bites everyone alot.
My pet stopped eating since 5-6 days. Ealier she used to have 5 chapatis a day and that too with non veg 3 times a day. But now she has stopped eating anything. We have been consulting vets doctor for the same and every time they dies is inject her. As per them she is suffering from hyper acidity. As per their suggestions we are giving her gelusil, curd, but mostly she vomits out after eating grass. I am very worried for her. Please help. I really want her to be ok again. She is of age 14 and a half. Please help.
I equally love both my cats. But the elder one is jealous of little one. How should I treat her so that she would stay happily with little one? My cat is always ready to initiate a fight with the other one? Please help me to understand her psychology??
Allow your animal to live in its own habitat. Means at the end of day take your pet to the place where it can run for 5-10 mts (dogs, cats), large animals (cattle, buffalo, etc) to a place where it can rome free for at least 15-20 mts you will find productivity of the animal will increase appreciably