Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.Thomas Stephen
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.Thomas StephenYour feedback matters!
My baby is only 9 month old. She has some red rashes on her chicks on both sides of nose. What is the problem treatment.
Hi. My son who is going to complete his 3years age on july. I speak Hindi and my husband speaks tamil. after my delivery me &my son stayed in my mother's home for five months where everyone speaks In hindi. Now my son is not fluent in any language but he understands well both the languages. And speaks both languages a little. He is active boy and intelligent as well. He is going to playschool. Here in my husband's house there is no child of his age. So he used to play with teenagers. My question is why he is not fluent in any language? And why He is not playing wit other kids in playschool? Is this normal. Will it be alright? And also his playschool teacher told tat he is now becoming normal and mingling with other kids & he will be alright? I'm confused. Pls suggests.
My son is 7 year old mostly he has a stomach pain, it has from last 2 years every 2 or 3 month we have completed the tests & ultrasound but its ok, when he asking about the same time he suffering with fever can you tell me a permanent solution of this ?
Greetings sir! My baby s born on Feb 10th 2017, as I'm working women Im so worried about his food. From when I can feed him external food?
My 2.5 month daughter's stool is of green colour and is in liquid form. From last week, I think it's after giving her vaccination. Is she suffering from loose motion? Is it harmful?
1) Is is alright n Safe to use diapers (pampers n mammies) for children especially boys. Is there any side effect. 2) Is pretty water purifier upto standard as per water purification is concerned. If yes which one you recommend. One that runs on electricity or the one where manually water is made to enter. 3) My Baby is now 09 months old. So which foods or fruits I should provide to him.
Parents today, are more concerned about their child's healthy diet and hygiene compared to earlier days. They are more inclined towards quality when it comes to providing medical assistance to their children. They are also now well aware of the side effects of conventional drugs and are keen towards trying alternative treatments, which come with no side effects.
Studies prove that conventional drugs suppress diseases and antibiotics hamper digestion. But homeopathy on the other hand, offers natural remedies, which are safe, and has long-lasting effect by boosting your body's immunity.
Below are some of the conditions, in which homeopathy works wonders with the kids:
- Acute conditions such as cold, flu, sore throat and stomach infections, etc. These conditions are self-limiting. Homeopathic remedies not only cure these acute problems, but also prevent their recurrence.
- Chronic diseases like eczema and allergies are cured completely and never reoccur when treated with homeopathy. In both the above cases, homeopathy works miraculously. Alongside the healing process, it boosts the child's self-defense mechanisms to fight against diseases. While antibiotics may be too harsh for the child's body, homeopathy is a safer option, since it does not have any side effects.
Homeopathy is also effective in treating colic, earache and reduces pain and discomforts. Some of the common problems of children where homeopathy works well are fever, teething, vomiting, diarrhea, dysentery, kidney diseases, infant colic, jaundice, eczema, convulsions, ear infection, fungal infections, warts, thyroid problems, and other growth related problems.
Not just physical symptoms, homeopathy also treats mental and emotional disturbances:
- You can take help of homeopathy treatment if the child is cranky or restless, and it is very beneficial even in case of hyperactive children.
- It is also effective in increasing concentration.
- Homeopathy works perfectly for specially challenged children as well.
- One of the plus points with homeopathic medicine is that it is easy to administer given their light doses and consumable taste.
- In addition, injections are not required. Furthermore, homeopathic treatment helps in all stages of childhood.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine. It works on improving immunity rather than only curing the disease. Thus, it is very important to complete courses in homeopathy medication. Even though handy, homeopathy does not allow self-medication. It is always advisable to seek a doctor's help.