Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.Sundaram.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.Sundaram.Your feedback matters!
Hi, last two days back I did exercise for two hrs and it started bleeding for 2 to 3 drop I thought it's period but no, it's bleeding very little color is very pale please help me what to do and it's itching over there what should I do? I have thyroid and pcod problem.
Hello doctor I am rishi I am 25 yrs old man n I have suffering from diabetes problem so what should I do.
Dear doctor, my daughter is 8 yrs. Old she have diagnosed thyroid recently her report is ft3 4. 23 ft4 1. 23 tsh ( ultra sensitive) 6. 59 some doctors said not to worry but one doctor said give her one tablet rest of life we r so confused give me a right advice what to do ?
I am 25 yr old girl suffering from hypothyroid bcoz of which I only got access 44" of waist and belly. Other parts are fine. Nothing works over medicines and excercises I do but no effects.
My mother TSH 15.69 ulU/ml 0.35-5.50 T3 0.93 ng/ml 0.60-1.81 T4 5.80 ug/dl 5.01-12.45 Doctor I am very much worried for her, one year ago she had consulted a doctor and doctor said that she has hyperthyroidism and medicine prescribed was Neo-Mercazole 5 mg, now again we had her thyroid test and consulted another doctor he said that she have hypothyroidism. The latest report is mentioned above. Please help me, please advice.
Although this disorder has been present among people since the inception of mankind, the rate of increase among the number of patients in recent years is alarming to say the least. The primary culprits are lifestyle issues such as bad diet, lack of physical exercise and stress. However, some people are genetically predisposed to it as well. Diabetes is a silent killer as complications caused by it are one of the largest killers on the planet.
The Ayurvedic route
Ayurveda has a long history of successfully dealing with this scourge dating back thousands of years. Diabetes is known as ‘Madhumeha’ and is often classified as ‘Maharoga’ as it causes multiple complications. The Ayurvedic route has many facets such as exercises, filtering toxins and balancing the ‘doshas’ through diet and herbs to control the effects of diabetes. Let’s look at some of the remedies for controlling and correcting symptoms of diabetes in Ayurveda.
- Diet: This is one of the most important changes that you need to make in your life to control symptoms of diabetes. Certain food types are an absolute no-no in Ayurveda if you have diabetes while certain other types of food are encouraged as they help keep it in control.
- Food types encouraged in Ayurveda: Amla, bitter gourd, fenugreek seeds (methi), spinach, jamun, drumsticks, garlic, turmeric, snake gourd, barley, wheat, tulsi, pepper, soya bean, cucumber and bel (Indian Bael) among others
- Food types discouraged in Ayurveda: Processed sugar or any food that contains a high amount of it, unrefined sugar in large quantities, sugar cane juice, oil, jaggery, ghee, cakes, alcohol, foods rich in carbohydrates such as rice or rotis in excess quantities, curd, junk and oily foods, butter, cold drinks and sweets among others
- Home Remedies and herbs: Ayurveda prescribes many forms of juices and concoctions which can be easily prepared at home to control blood sugar levels and also limit the symptoms. Some of the herbs and preparations used in the treatment of diabetes are mentioned below.
- Bitter gourd juice or Karela taken early in the morning
- A mixture of aloe vera gel and ground bay leaf (tez patta)
- Banyan tree bark prepared in boiled water
- Cinnamon powder boiled in water
- Neem, turmeric and tulsi preparations
- Yoga and exercises: Exercising and ensuring that the metabolism is kept active to check blood sugar levels is of utmost importance when you are diabetic. Yoga is one of the best methods to accomplish this. In general, light walking is prescribed but there are certain yoga poses which are especially beneficial for diabetes. Some of these are:
- Shalabhasana or the locust pose
- Ardha matsyendrasana or the half spinal twist pose
- Peacock pose or Mayurasana
- Katichakrasana or the waist rotating pose
- Naddishuddhi Pranayama
- Surya namaskar among others
However, it is important that you are proficient in the easier forms of yoga first and then have proper instruction before you try the harder poses.
My Mother aged 67 years old has been suffering from high pressure (at present150/90), thyroid (under control as per latest report),& also of cholesterol (also under control) for more than 10-15 yrs. Recently her Fasting report shows that her sugar level is 134 & PP report is 175. Her pulse rate is 120. She has been taking medicines like telista mt50, stamlo5, thyrox 50, gluconorm sr, pan-D, cordarone, acitrom, rozucor10, lonapam 0.5,She has got vomiting tendency & also weakness. What should I do now? Whether the medicines prescribed by doctor are proper? So many medicines twice or thrice everyday is causing trouble .suggestion please.
मधुमेह से बचने के उपाय!
- Diabetes is life threatning disease. Patient dies because of the complications of diabetes, such as Stoke, Heart diseases, etc. Some time may face very critical situations like Amputaion(Removal of body part).
- India is diabetic capital in the world and patients rate are increasing day by day. So PREVENTION is better than CURE.