Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A SreenivasYour feedback matters!
My grandfather has pain in knees due to step fall this is found after X ray please guide me with medical advice so that his knees pain can be cured?
Sir I have problem in my neck . Through which I can't talk so give me the procedure for solve the problem of my neck.
I am 21 year old male. I have knee pain for some 3 days. I tried some pain killers but they didn't work and the pain is still there. What to do? Please suggest?
I have backache which goes towards the leg and I am female. I have been suffering from this problem since last 4 months. Please suggest me. My age is 27 years old.
Hello, I want to ask a health related questions for my friend . Actually he has pain in the bone of his leg. It started within 2-3 days when he started to run on the ground. He consulted a local doctor. The doctor gave him some tablets. Now it is 2 months today. But still he has pain in his bone even he is not running on the ground. Kindly help for this problem. Thank you in advance.
I am retired from air force having severe giddiness when I look from top to bottom, right to left or while walking on the road. I was treated at moolchand hospital for 9 mths. It is slightly reduced but not fully gone. Giddiness started on 5-3-15 and since then I have been suffering. No doctor is able to tell the actual reason. I am loosing weight also. At present I am 55 years old and 58 kg weight.
Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to replace a worn out knee joint with an artificial knee joint. Such a surgery is advised if your knee is causing pain and limiting your daily activities, provided other treatments have failed to cause the desired impact.
Once the knee replacement surgery is completed, the focus shifts to the recovery phase.
- The duration of the recovery depends on the type of surgery and the individual.
- After the surgery, painkillers are administered to provide relief from the pain.
- In some cases, oxygen is administered through various tubes if required.
- A blood transfusion may also be required after a knee replacement surgery.
- The surgical wound will require a dressing to allow it to heal faster and prevent infection.
- A drain will be attached to the wound to drain out the blood from it and prevent accumulation of blood in the wound.
- The dressing of the wound should be changed regularly.
Post- Surgery Care
- Post-surgery, you will need assistance to help you walk. If the surgery that you underwent was minimally invasive, then you should be able to walk on the very same day. Your physiotherapist will prescribe and show you some exercises to strengthen the knee. It is important that you follow his/her instructions to avoid complications.
- A passive motion machine is sometimes prescribed as it helps to restore the movement of the knee. It helps in reducing the swelling by keeping your leg elevated and moving the knee when you are lying down.
Here are some knee replacement recovery tips:
- Avoid doing any work that puts pressure on the knees.
- Eat nutritious meals so that the body receives proper nourishment, thus allowing your leg to heal faster.
- Avoid heavy exercises which can strain your knees.
- Perform all the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist to speed up the recovery process.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed for a few months after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!