Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. A.Sharafath Ali ShakirYour feedback matters!
I'm 22 year old girl. I had cool lemon juice in morning from outside and from that time my throat is jam and I got cold what should I do? I had tried home remedies but no results yet!
Sore Throat problem occurrence very frequent. What is dietary control to observe? Azywok 500 x3 days was prescribed by an doctor; if sore throat is controlled immediately when one tabletx500mg is consumed - Question: should I continue to take balance 2 tabs or no need and stop the balance tablets consuming?
I, currently have a problem in fluent speaking due to the development of hard and bubbly emergent rashes (sort of huddles like) on the throat surface, inside. The touch exactly feels like the inner surface of a corroded metal pipe. It turns out to be like I feel etching, dryness and lack of control and coordination while speaking. It makes me put a lot of effort to initiate the words of sentences for to be fluent. So please do let me know some instant corrective measures regarding this. Thank you.
Could I get a rhinoplasty for a thick and wide body I have, it messes with my looks and I wanna know to what extent I can correct this. Thanks.
I often feel dizzy and restless leg after lunch. What could be reason? earlier I was diagnosed with Mild MVP n Trivial Mr. and I am on beta blocker.
I have feeling that something is stuck in my throat, but while eating or I don't have any problems nor I feel pain but it irritates me so much. I am feeling this from almost month. I take some medicines but I don't feel relax, now wht to do.
I am suffering with sinusitis and constipation from 10 years there is result even I am using medicine, and also my body very heat especially my palms and pairs please give advice.
From my ear puss is ejecting i had done operation 5 years backs but still its coming how to stop it or control it
Hello sir, I'm having sinus since past 19 yes and above none of the medicines work put for me. How it cause and how to get rid of it please help me.
I am 26 year old and i have continues dizziness for 1 year I have shown many doctors but no one can identify my problem sir please help me I want to live freely.
Earlier I occasionally had a sore throat. I used to some antibiotics and it gt cured. But now for more than a year I have pain in my whole throat. Sm says its d problem of vocal cords as I am a teacher and have to speak a lot. Besides this I feel extreme fatigue all d time. My eyes and legs are specifically very tired all d time and have temperature sometimes 99.3 or less. I have problem in the lower side of my throat. Can anyone guide me what to do.
I am 36 years old, suffering from snoring problem. My throat become dry n then it chokes I have used nasal strips and many other medicine. But still I can't sleep. What should I do?
I am 46 years old male and have a feeling that something is there in my throat always. I met a doctor and he prescribed medicines. Still the feeling is same. Pl advice.
Swallowing food comes naturally to human beings. But when there is a problem, it is usually called Dysphagia. Esophagus, a muscular tube-like organ located at the back of our throat, usually helps in swallowing food and transferring them to our stomach. When esophagus does not function properly, dysphagia happens. Patients suffering from brain or nerve disorder, seniors and babies might have this problem.
People with dysphagia might witness the following issues:
- Difficulty in swallowing solids and liquids.
- Gaging, choking or coughing usually occurs when trying to swallow.
- Experience pain when trying to swallow and also heartburn.
- Swallowed food might come back up either through mouth or nose.
- A chronic problem might result in weight loss.
There are 2 main reasons, why the Esophagus might become dysfunctional.
- Due to some medical condition the muscles and nerves that help the esophagus work have stopped working.
- The esophagus is blocked by something.
There can be a number of reasons for both the condition. Here are the reasons why the muscles and nerves might not work.
Certain diseases can create problems with your nervous system, which in turn can affect the esophagus. These diseases are polio, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s disease.
- A brain stroke, spinal cord injury or brain injury can also affect swallowing.
- Polymyositis or Dermatomyositis are immune system problems that can cause swelling or weakness.
- The muscles of esophagus suddenly squeeze, which is called esophagus spasm.
- Scleroderma causes the esophagus to become thin and weak.
The esophagus might be blocked because of these reasons:
- Esophagus might have malignant or non-malignant tumours.
- Esophagitis is a medical condition when the esophagus is infected, got some allergy or even if a pill got stuck on it.
- People suffering from reflux diseases often experience the acid that backs up into the esophagus. This can cause an ulcer on it resulting in scars. Scars make Esophagus narrower, making it difficult to swallow.
- There are small sacs called Diverticula on the esophagus or the throat, often making it difficult to swallow.
- Lymph nodes, tumours, bone spurs can also obstruct esophagus and create difficulty in swallowing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.