Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A.Shanmuga SundaramYour feedback matters!
Sir my mother is 68 year old she is suffering from knee pain since last one month she had pain in back side of knee which ayurvedic treatment you prescribed for her.
I am 19 yrs old. My lower back from right side is paining from 6 months. My reports are all normal. Its pain some days and some days its gone what do?
Hello doctor.my mother is facing a problem of arthritis. Doctors recommend for knee replacement. She don't want so can you help me.
I have pain in knees when I want to sit. My my mmontext test is +ve. Doctors said that it has no tablet. 80%people has this problem. Please send me to the solutions.
I'm 24 year old. From last 60 days I've been working in office for 14-16 hrs continuously which gave me back pain and I'm not comfortable now to sit and work. I took rest and slept two days for 10-12 hrs but still I'm not able to sit and work like before. Will it become normal after some days or do I need to take any medicines?
I'm 25 years old and I'm suffering for back pain and too much fat is there any natural therapies for back pain and fat really it's so paining.
I feeling so pain in my back and I can not sleep at night I take so much medicine but I can not feel relax. Pls help me.
The Lumbar Roll
- As few seats of chairs provide adequate support for the lower back, a portable lumbar roll is essential equipment for people with ongoing back problems. When sitting on a seat with a backrest(supported sitting), a lumbar roll will facilitate the maintenance of a correct lordosis and posture.A lumbar roll is a support specially designed for the low back.
- Without this support,the low back will slouch when ever you are distracted or cease to concentrate on anything other than holding the lordosis actively with your own muscles-for example, when talking, reading, writing, watching television or driving your car. To counteract this slouching you must place a lumbar roll in the small of your back at the level of your belt line whenever you sit in an easy chair ,car or office chair.
- The lumbar roll should be no more than 4 to 5 inches in diameter before being compressed and should be moderately filled with foam so that under compression its diameter reduces to about 1.5 inches. A cushion does not serve the same purpose as it has the wrong shape and does not provide adequate pressure at the precise level of the low back. A regular cushion should not be relied upon for long-term... use but may be of some assistance in an emergency.
- The aim is first to restore the correct posture and then to maintain it. It may take up to a week of practice to master this fully. As a rule, pain of postural origin will decrease as your sitting posture improves, and you will have no pain once you maintain the correct posture. The pain will readily recur in the first few weeks should you allow yourself to slouch while sitting.
- Eventually you will remain completely pain free even when you forget your posture; however, never again should you allow yourself to sit slouched for long periods.When first starting these procedures to correct your sitting posture, you will experience some new pains. These are different from your original pain and may be felt in other places.
- New pains are the result of performing new exercises and maintaining new positions; they should be expected and will wear off in a few days,provided postural correction is continued on a regular basis. Once you have become used to sitting correctly you will enjoy it and will soon notice the reduction or absence of pain and the improved comfort. From then on you will automatically choose chairs that allow you to sit correctly.
- Regular Interruption of Prolonged Sitting
Travelling for long distances by bus, car or airplane, especially when sitting in a cramped seat and without regular breaks which permit you to restore the lordosis, may cause a gradual and progressive attack of low back pain or may aggravate existing problems. Nearly everyone will be aware of some stiffness or discomfort in the low back after an uninterrupted car ride of a few hours. If you already have back problems, such a journey may be a risk situation for you. If you are the driver yourself, the risk is even greater.In order to minimise the risks of prolonged sitting, it is necessary that you interrupt sitting at regular intervals and before pain starts.For example, when undertaking long car journeys, you should stop the car every hour, get out and bend backward five or six times and walk about for a few minutes. This will reduce the pressure within the discs and relieve the stresses on the surrounding tissues. As airlines continue to provide seating calculated to damage the human spine, you should, when flying long distances, regularly stand and walk up and down the aisle of the plane. This is not only important for the sake of your back but is also necessary to assist in the stimulation of the circulation in the legs. These are simple measures you can take that will significantly reduce the risk of another episode of back pain.
I have muscular dystrophy. My uric acid level is 2.7, cholesterol level 154, hemoglobin level 13, cpk level 4800. Blood sugar and urine test is normal. please tell me what is the next step I should take to solve this health problem. Can I increase uric acid level by taking any medicines or special diet? Which specialist doctor I should consult.
I am 48 years old female, I had a backache since long time. I also have low calcium n iron. Please suggest homoepathy medicine.
When I wake up my backbone is paining to much its happening during 10 days pls tell me what should I do.
I have a problem of knee pain from a very long time. Its a very painful sometime. I have consult from many doctors but nothing happened. So I request you please give me proper resolution as soon as possible.
Suffering from knee joint pain for past 5 years. Does knee replacement surgery is the only option or it can be cured thru medicine?
I have tennis elbow for 2 months I try everything but no use even Dr. give me a injection to pain have not gone what to do.
I am 32 years. Last 2 months back I got a viral fever with joint pain, my fever had gone after 2 days, but still I m suffering from joint pains. I m using some pain killer tablets. But there is no good result please suggest me some will tell its chikungunya is it true. And pain wont go till 2 -3 yrs. Please guide me.
I have back neck pain, back head ache internally, burning of feet and both hand also strictly pain for over 3months.
Hi doctor my mother is 43 years old. And she is a teacher. She have pain in her right leg only in thigh area and in knees. Her leg get swell some times. Due to this pain she can' t sleep properly. Sometime she take pain killer.
Most of the common back pains we experience are mechanical in origin and therefore are affected only by drugs and medication with pain-relieving capabilities. There are no medicines or drugs capable of removing the causes of our common backaches and pains. Therefore, medication should only be taken when your pains are severe or when you must find relief.Certain medications such as aspirin and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) have been found to be the most useful for alleviation of acute back pain and have fewer side effects than some other commonly prescribed medications. Both have been recommended by the United States Federal Government Agency for Health Care Policy and Research.
1. BED REST
When your back pain is so severe that bed rest is required, you should restrict this period of rest, if at all possible, to two or three days.A recent study conducted in the United States demonstrated that those patients resting in bed for two days recovered as well as those remaining in bed for seven days. However, those patients remaining ambulant and moving were able to go back to work sooner than those who rested for either two or seven days. Nevertheless, I have seen many patients who could still not arise from bed after ten days.
Acupuncture is able to relieve pain and, when all else has failed, is well worth a trial. You should be aware, however, that as with taking medication, you can obtain relief from acupuncture, but acupuncture itself does not correct the underlying mechanical problem.
In the past, the treatment of back and neck problems by adjust mentor manipulation of the spine was considered one of the most popular forms of treatment, and it was demonstrated by chiropractors and osteopaths in the first half of the century that a short-term benefit could be obtained from this form of treatment. However,much research has now shown that from spinal manipulation or adjustment there are no long-term benefits, and its use can create dependency.A recent study by internationally renowned researchers from the University of Washington in the United States has shown that one month after completing treatment, patients taught the McKenzie method improved to the same degree as patients receiving manipulation by chiropractors. However, the patients receiving the McKenzie method had fewer treatments to achieve that improvement,and 72% of them reported that in the event of recurrence they would manage their own problem. This has great significance for those patients with recurring problems.About 80% of patients with common back problems can be taught the self-manipulation methods outlined in this book. The other 20% of the population are the only ones who will require any form of manipulative therapy.I think it is important that people who are suffering from back pain are aware that spinal manipulation or adjustive treatments should not be given to the whole population with back pain in order to deliver it to the few who really need it. Spinal manipulation should certainly not be used before self-treatment measures have proven unsuccessful.Manipulative phyiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths all dispense spinal manipulation or "adjustment."
Recommend various forms of heat, shortwave diathermy,and ultrasound, all of which are commonly used in the treatment of back pain.You should be aware that these treatments provide no long-term benefit and do nothing to treat the underlying problem, nor is there any scientific evidence that they can accelerate healing.