Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A Senthil KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello My baby is not passing out potty from last two days. He is only depends on mother feed. What should I do. Is it normal.
My son is 10.5 year old and his weight is 23 kg. Blood sugar, hb, thyroid is normal, how can improve about his health?
I am 33 years. I have given birth to a girl baby on december 30th with normal delivery. Still i am not able to feed my daughter with breast milk. I have tried all the steps to increase molk supply but not able to produce milk. Could anyone help me with this?
My son aged 4.6 years has Vit D deficiency. Apart from Vit D rich food which medicine I can give him.
My baby completed 11 months and his weight is 9.7 kg. Since 5 days he is passing motion like watery and paste form but only once a day. He vomited everything. We have visited local doctor he prescribed ofloxacin solution. And ORS. Vomit has stopped now but he is not eating anything except cerelac. Motion is still watery. Please suggest can I give formula and cerelac? Please help.
Hello sir/mam. My baby is 15 months old and doesn't want to drink plain milk. Can I use Hershey's syrup in her milk. Does it have any side affects. Thank you My second question is am 5 months pregnant and doesn't observe any movement in my tummy. Some Orthodox people use to say that if it starts moving after 5 to 6 months it may be a baby boy. Is that so? Please let me know. thanks.
New baby born girl ko fair and sundar aur healthy banane ke liye kya upai hai kaun sa oil and home made remidy use karu and uske caring ke liye give some tips for baby fairness jo sundar aur gora banaye aur foods jo mom ke liye acha ho.
I am asking about 3 years old children's diet plan ? Morning ,afternoon, evening ,night food contains? Please advise.
My daughter is 7 years old. She often gets fever. It starts suddenly, and increases up to 103-104F. She is vaccinated properly .Now we are using homeopathic medicines. It gives better results to her when compared to allopathy. But we are unable to control the temperature. It gradually increases up to 103 F and reduces up to 100F at early morning and again raises upto 103 by evenings. This condition remains for at least 3 days .later the temperature goes down to below normal and she becomes very weak .We consulted many doctors. All blood test reports are normal. But there is no improvement . She is studying 2nd STD and she is very active and intelligent too. What do I do for her? How do I know the actual reason behind her health problem? Please suggest me. The reports are as follows. Complete blood picture (method: Capillary Photometric) Hb : 12.9 MCV : 77 MCHC : 35.7 ESR : 13 Remaining values are normal. Vit. B12 : 795 PG/ml UsCRP. : 6.9 mg/l Widal : negative QBC : negative Urine : 2-3 pus cells in HPF.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Sir my daughter 3&half year baby I want change soap & shampoo what I want use 2 my daughter now days my friends are told 2 take pigeon soap its good r nt tel me sir pls.
My child age 2 years he does not speak how to develop to kid to speck. He affecting regularly wheeze and we use levo puff. He is always watch kids tv. Some time smile during watching tv.
My cousion is suffering from loose motion for one week and he is only 8months old. Some says loose motion is due to coming of teeth can I get better explanation.
Dear Sir, Greetings of the day. My son who is 5 years is given Cypon syrup. His intake has increased. Earlier we used to give him Neopeptine since last 4 -5 years. Now after someone suggested we give him Cypon syrup along with neopeptine. My question is whether it is safe to continue and is there any side effect in longterm how much time we should continue this. Is it ayurvedic/Allopathic? Kindly guide me. Thanks,
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.