Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.S.ManickavelYour feedback matters!
Actually I suffering from nose bleeding every day. Fall more blood in every day. Please gives advice how take treatment & this occurs in this season only but every year.
I did a pregnancy test which was negative. But my periods are very late. Is this normal? It's late by 11 days. What to do?
I'm 38 yrs female having hair loss problem. Going bald in front. Using color for graying. What to do.
I have some stomach problem that 2 -3 times motion in a one day and motion in mukas and bharipan & gas. What to do?
I'm 22 years old and my weight s only 45. My hands and legs are so thin. I want gain weight. Please suggest me the best to do.
I am a male of 23 years. I have acidity and gastric problems from 3-4 years. Sometimes it became too severe and painful like vomiting type feeling during morning n lunch time. I also suffers from pain in my stomach several times. So please suggest the appropriate treatment of this problem.
I get pimples on my face 3-4 at the same time and after several days they all get cure at the same day and again they get appear on my face what to do. Tell me nd thanks.
I have pain in my leg. This is due to scratch in my leg badly so I want take medicine please give me suggestion. Than I can choose my medicine as early as possible.
My wife have one breast well developed and one is very small is this any problem or not Age 23 yers old.
Hi. My mother is 52 years old and a non diabetic. She recently had her health check up and her fasting sugars were 128 and her HBA1c is 6.4. Does she need any medication. Does this mean the onset of diabetes in her?
hello Dr. M 25 years old n from last three years m facing pigmentation all over face. I used so many thing prescribe by drs but no satisfaction. For sm time it wrks n again same problem appear. Plzzzzzz suggest me wht should I do? I hv no medical problem.
I am feeling pain in my left foot thumb, also sensation in very less in this . Can somebody advice what is this.
I have black spots as bell as pimple on my back. I try lost of cream bit Nothing change. What should I do.
Depression can be caused because of many reasons. However, it can get worse or be triggered due to nutritional deficiency. However nutritional deficiencies and depression act in a vicious cycle. Depressed people often receive less or improper food which leads to malnutrition which again aggravate depression. Thus, both conditions should be treated simultaneously. Read further to know how:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: An Omega-3 unsaturated fat deficiency can cause depression. That shows exactly how much fish, salmon, halibut or flaxseeds and walnuts we have to expend to be at an ideal level. These basic minerals lessen aggravation and take up a basic part in our mental health, particularly memory and disposition.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is a noteworthy problem that specialists and general physicians perceive to be dangerous. This lack has been connected to depression, dementia and mental imbalance. The majority of our Vitamin D levels drop off during the fall and winter months, since daylight is the best source of vitamin D.
- Magnesium: Odds are great that you are magnesium inadequate since a lot of people are. Sugar, phosphoric acid, perpetual anxiety, anti-infection agents and diuretics contain magnesium. Magnesium is infrequently alluded to as the anxiety counteracting agent.
- Vitamin B complex: B vitamins like vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 have some great medical advantages, including decreased heart diseases and healthy skin and nails. Again, a vitamin B deficiency may affect your emotional wellness. Every one in four depressed or stressed woman suffers from vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Folate: Individuals with a low folate level have just a seven percent reaction to treatment with antidepressants. Those with high folate levels have a reaction of 44 percent. That is the reason a lot of specialists are currently endorsing a folate called Deplin to treat dejection.
- Amino acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of protein that help your mind work efficiently. An amino acid deficiency may make you feel slow, foggy, unfocused, and discouraged. Great sources of amino acids include meat, eggs, beans, seeds, and nuts.
- Iron: Iron deficiency is truly common in women. Around 20 percent of the women and 50 percent of pregnant women are iron deficient. Just 3 percent of men are iron deficient. The most widely recognized type of side effect is the decreasing number of red platelets brought on by the lack of iron. The side effects include weakness, concentration issues and a foggy mind.
- Zinc: Zinc is used by more proteins (a person has more than 300) than some other minerals. It is important to most of the body’s systems. It also helps our stomach to determine what food items or nutrients to keep and what to dispose off.
Therefore, it is very important for a person to consume the right amount of nutrients that a human needs. Their deficiency not only causes depression, but also many other diseases and illnesses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
My age is 30 years and my ESR level is 51. I had typhoid fever 3 weeks back. What should be the treatment to control ESR.
What to do to stop greying of hair. I'm only 25 years old and lots of hairs of the side areas of head is affected of it.
Hi My age is 28. My eyelids do not match my skin tone. They are dark. Also I have wrinkles around my eyes. Please suggest me something.
Why You Should Walk, Not Run, Your Way To Fat Loss
1. When you do any intense cardiovascular exercise like running, you burn calories from both muscle and fat. The body cannot pick which calories to burn, and thus by running you actually decrease your muscle mass which eventually makes you more metabolically inefficient.
2. The production of a stress hormone called cortisol increases after doing too much cardiovascular exercise, which leads to bigger food cravings since your body wants to compensate for all those burned calories. So you end up consuming more calories than you have previously burned.
**Too much cardio exercising makes you leptin-resistant, which has the same hormonal effect as sleep deprivation. This prevents your body from telling you when it?s full. You get very hungry quickly and due to the high amounts of cortisol you eventually develop insulin resistance and back to gaining weight.
**Cardiovascular exercises can have a negative impact on thyroid function. The thyroid produces a hormone called T4, and in order to have a properly functioning metabolism, it is then is converted to T3. But, the thyroid is unable to produce T4 if you are creating too much cortisol in your body. You end up with a dysfunctional metabolism, loss of energy and inability to burn fat.
3. Running is considered high impact and the further you run, the more impact. If you are overweight this can cause havoc on your joints and knees.
Summary: Running can cause hormonal imbalances, reduction of muscle mass, less efficient metabolism, which can lead to more weight, and if you are overweight, it can have a negative impact on your knees.
Walking on the other hand can be much more balanced and a healthier alternative, even though the amount of calorie burning effects are not as high as running. You decrease the amounts of cortisol with walking, which is much better in the long-term. Walking makes you more sensitive to insulin, enabling better calorie burn from other exercises and it doesn?t create unmanageable hunger and cravings. It also produces dopamine and serotonin at reasonably high levels which make you feel happier and motivated in your overall health and wellness.
So, start walking as much as possible! At least three days a week take 30 minutes to walk, and increase this gradually. Choose walking instead of running, especially if you are over 40 and not accustomed to an exercise regimen. If you want a tone and firm body, do some weekly resistance training exercises for 20 or 30 minutes. Combine these tips with a great diet and you won?t have to run ever again.
Dr. Varinder Singh Chandhok