Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.S.HariharanYour feedback matters!
My mother is 41 years old and she's facing a burning sensation from inside. Around her armpit area. It's not any kind of fungal infection, she's feeling this sensation from inside her body. And feeling restless with that very hand. What may be the reasons and what may be the proper solution?
Sir I had use desi nuskha on my mole on face I use churna (lime) result my skin burn and I got a black scar on my face what should I do?
I have many problems in my body skin is dark. And I don't like this, please help me what should I do for a fairer and glowing skin.
I am 19 years old. I am little darker in colour. I have oily skin which causes pimples dark circles. I want a whitening cream for lighten my skin tone, pls advise me a best whitening cream which suits my oily skin. Pls help me.
I have skin infection in the form of what we call in Hindi (daad, for a long period of time. And have used several tablets and creams. Like tocoderm. Total derm. quadriderm.and tablet fluca 150, also zocon 150 but they appear Alger some time. What should I do.
I AM male 34 years Old . I have one question is since two month I have been noticed that my under the eye has Black circle.
My face in black colour and toning on my nose and also continuously lips breaking what should I do please reply me.
Sir, I am a college student daily travelling to college through bus and facing the problem with skin that going to black, dirty, oily and sweaty kindly suggest me solution.
How to remove purpura from my lower legs? it increases if I stand for long time. However there is no itching or pain in that, only red dots everywhere on legs.
Sir I. Have some. Sore throat last two day and skin rush down side of the penis before I have doing sexual activities. Dryou Cough any chance in hiv.
Bladder cancer refers to a cancer, which arises from the epithelial lining or the urothelium of the urinary bladder. In the most common form of bladder cancer, the normal histology of the urothelium is recapitulated. It is called transitional cell carcinoma. Bladder cancer is a serious form of cancer that leads to many deaths too.
There are several modes of treatment for bladder cancer. They are:
Bladder cancer surgery: Surgeries are common for treating bladder cancer. The types of surgeries include:
1. Transurethral resection of bladder tumor or TURBT: This mode is used for determining the presence of bladder cancer and to find out if it has invaded the bladder wall muscle layer. This treatment mode is generally used in the early stages of bladder cancer.
2. Cystectomy: A cystectomy is undertaken when bladder cancer is very invasive and parts of the bladder or the whole of it has to be removed. There are two types of cystectomy.
- Partial cystectomy is used when the cancer invades the bladder muscle layer in a small area. It can be removed without the whole bladder being taken out.
- A Radical cystectomy is undertaken in case the cancer affects a large area and is present in multiple areas of the bladder. This surgery removes the bladder entirely and all its nearby lymph nodes.
3. Intravesical therapy: In intravesical therapy, a liquid drug is put directly into the bladder via a catheter instead of injecting it or consuming it orally. The cells lining the bladder are affected without causing any harm to other body parts. This therapy is usually used after TURBT in non-invasive cases of bladder cancer to prevent recurrence.
4. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is an effective treatment for bladder cancer. Chemotherapy may be used in two ways:
- Intravesical chemotherapy, where the chemo drug is put directly into the bladder and is applicable only for early treatment stages.
- Systematic chemotherapy, which involves the injection of chemo drugs into the vein or muscle and can also be administered in the form of pills. The drug reaches all parts of the body via the bloodstream and affects all cancer cells.
5. Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure for bladder cancer involves the use of high energy radiation for killing cancer cells. It is used in early phases of treatment and is the primary remedy for people who cannot have a surgery. It is combined with chemotherapy to make the radiation effective. The most common type of radiation therapy for treating bladder cancer is called external-beam radiation therapy where radiation occurs from an outside source.
Bladder cancer is a severe form of cancer. Proper and ideal treatment is required among the several treatment methods available.
If you want to take, good and proper care of your All of us want to have smooth, flawless, soft, spotless, fair skin and today I am going to give you some fantastic tips to take good care of your skin.
70% of our body is made up of skin and hence it is necessary for you to take proper care of your skin. Your skin needs nourishment and it comes from food, so eat skin friendly foodstuff like yoghurt, green tea, kiwi, dark chocolate (I am not kidding, it is true), berries, salmon, almonds, carrots, tomato, etc. You are what you eat and you look what you eat, so if you eat unwanted food, junk food, then you will tend to look fat and you will have many pimples, as pimples are a sign of eating wrong, oily and unhealthy food.
Firstly, you ought to find out what is your skin type. There are four skin types of skin namely normal skin, oily skin, dry skin and combination skin.
If you skin looks life less, then you have dry skin. Dry skin lacks hydration and moisture; to help your skin look lively and beautiful, apply moisturizer daily at night.
If you sweat a lot, your skin looks greasy, you have many pimples and there are patches on your pillow, then you have oily skin. Most of the people with oily skin tend to have blackheads, pimples, acne, etc. As the skin is oily, dust tends to settle on it; hence, you have to wash your face frequently.
When your skin looks neither dry nor oily, then you have normal skin. One with a normal skin does not face much problem, but then too use a moisturizer and a scrub daily.
Combination skin means you have a combination of both, oily skin and dry skin. Some patches of your skin may look dry and some may look oily. If you have combination skin then you have to tend to each area carefully. It is better to consult a dermatologist if you have frequent out breaks of acne on the oily part of your skin.
Hence, you need to take care of your skin according to its type. If do not then it will only cause more damage to your skin. No matter what the skin type, apply sunscreen before you go out in the sun; wash your face frequently and use a moisturizer and a face wash daily.