Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.Ravikumar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. A.RavikumarYour feedback matters!
I travelled from Delhi to Mumbai 4 days back and been having severe throat infection and asthma cough with mild cold and fever. How should I decide if these symptoms are indicative of Swine Flu and if I should go for a test?
Hi from last 4 to 5 yes I was having scalp problem In which there was boils so I recently visited dermatologist he gave me some medicine but after eating antibiotic I was having severe fewer and I got ulcers in my mouth so I consulted ent she gave some antibiotics and medicine but still 2 days after the ulcers are there and I am not able to swallow my saliva also I don't have any other medical problem but stlii there is no cure I am also applying candid mouth gel she told be that this is because of some gas problem you are infected in tonsils.
Doctor, I am having cold problem and I can't breathe properly, I am feeling like a sort of having sputum in throat so that I can't swallow foods easily. And soon after eating I am getting a vomiting sensation. Is that due to cold in throat? And what is the solution to this problem.
Hello Doctor I am suffering from Eczema last 2 years lot of medication has been taken but their is no improvement .only I have to take steroids which gave me some release for a time being but it gave me lot of weight gain and dizziness pls suggest.
Hi. Doctor I have a problem of nose bleeding since childhood. The nose bleeding occur mostly in months of april to july and at present I am 24 years old and suffers that problem, so what can I do. Please suggest me.
Doc I having cough and itching in throat I taken medicine also amoxyclav and cough syrup but it didn't work for me.
I am having a throat pain whenever I drink or eat And nowadays it's just feeling pain there all the time Why is it so?
Hi, I have throat problem from past 1.5 years like redness in my mouth and red dots and cuts I have done complete test but results shows everything is normal. and I have consulted almost 6 ent specialist and nobody has helped me out. and I don't have any more trust on doctors.
The vast majority of us never consider our sinuses when we take a full breath through the nose. For others, this problem of stuffy nose, excruciating headaches, fever and infections, in episodes of sicknesses, last up to twelve weeks no less than four times each year. We should take a look at how this issue occurs and how to help them through Maharishi Ayurveda. This is how sinusitis occurs:
- Sinus issues are really brought on by a fundamental irregularity in Prana Vata (the subdosha of Vata that sees the brain and the head) and Shleshaka Kapha (a subdosha of Kapha, which administers oil and dampness levels).
- At the point when these two sub-doshas are at the same time imbalanced, another problem emerges. Ama, the sticky waste that is a result of processing, gets blended with Shleshaka Kapha in the sinus area, shaping a more toxic, sticky bodily fluid called Shleshma. Shleshma settles in the zone and stops the channels of the sinuses. Because of the confinement and blocking, Pitta dosha likewise gets to be imbalanced, and irritation occurs.
- At that point when each of the three doshas are out of adjustment, the body turns into a ground for bacteria, allergens, or infections. Air contamination, changes of hot and frosty climate increase it further. Eating unnecessary measures of chilly, sweet, not being able to workout or exercise can add to the problem.
Here is how it can be cured through Ayurveda:
Step 1: Eat foods that are not very hot, furthermore not very chilly. Stay away from extraordinary temperatures or foods that have extreme temperatures, for example, stew peppers or super cold foods and refreshments. Eat properly cooked, warm dinners that are light, sustaining, and simple to process. For instance, for breakfast, you could eat a stewed apple, and for the dinner eat khichari (a light and sustaining porridge made with two sections rice and one section mung dhal).
Step 2: Drink a lot of water seasoned with flavours, to decontaminate the sinuses of toxins and to allow the harmful waste that has developed to stream out. Bubble two quarts of water, empty the water into a bottle, and put two leaves of basil, two thin cuts of ginger, four leaves of mint, two bits of clove, and ¼ teaspoon of marshmallow root. Continue drinking this water for the duration of the day, however, make it again every morning.
Step 3: Detoxify the body and restore the sinus territory. Eat a lot of natural, crisp foods grown from the ground. Abstain from eating eggplant, banana, tomato and pepper, since these block the channels. Try not to skip meals or suppers, since that will annoy the stomach and create more problems for your body.
Sinusitis is Vata Kaphaj Disorder - Do's and Don'ts
- Avoid sudden temperature and too much cold temperature .
- Avoid cold beverages and food products .
- If your nose is stuffy take regular steam.
- Taking fumes of ajwain, turmeric and ghee are in running nose. These things will clear the passage and cures the headache problems.
- Taking ajwain with jaggery lowers the allergic reactions in body.
- Avoid curd, urad dal, egg, area full of dust and damn places.
- Keep your bowl healthy, it will itself lowers the kapha in body.