Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Rathnasabapathy
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Malaria
Treatment of Chickenpox
Treatment of Typhoid
Submit a review for Dr. A RathnasabapathyYour feedback matters!
I am not able to walk a distance becoz my thigh got rubbed up which make me pain in that particular area.
I did a test today from lal path labs of HIV 1&2 antibodies screening test, serum @ The results are not reactive in report, and the index value is o.13, what is it mean, The comments in the report, is (the sample has been tested during the "window phase" What is it mean, Am I safe. Should I do any other test to be sure. Sir please help me, I shall be highly obliged of your.
My father age 84 taking eritel ln 40 morning and nulong 20 at night for BP. Is it correct combination and will help to control BP.
Hello I am suffering from headache since 3 days due to this I am not willing to eat any food. I am feeling hungry but I am not willing to eat.
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you.