Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A. PrakasamYour feedback matters!
I am a student of engineering. For last two days I have a severe pain in the back side of my neck. It often occurs after two three days. And also when I get up in the morning my right eye doesn't open. It sticks And I have to wait for sometime and have to rub to open. And at night I feel like someone is pinching on my thighs.
I am 37 years old and having a problem with ass, It is not becoming strong and I don't have any bad habits like smoking drinking etc. If I sit for 10 mins continuously my legs are paining, Hope this not nerves issues or blood circulation issue. Please do the needful.
Am 23 and suffering from severe leg pain in my joints. My friend said that blood closed over there. If so how to cure it.
My father is suffering from elephantiasis. He just can not bear the pain, I need advise? He can not even move a little bit! Please help?
I am 48 years old male. For last few years I had been getting over weight. I am 173 cms tall and weigh 101kg. The weight is mainly on stomach. Now the stomach is so big that size 46 shirts will only fir for me. My chest hands etc are normal. Inspite of no regular drinking for past 2 years the stomach is not reducing. As I have some arthritis heavy joint pains prevent me from normal exercise like walking running etc. I am taking medicine to reduce uric acid. Which little bit over the allowable limit. Now for last 2 years I am not getting proper erection during sexual activity. Kindly help me to attain normalcy. I do not smoke. I have 2 0r 3 peg brandy once or twice a month at weekends. I am a non-veg. I have a borderline bp and cholesterol. Please advise me of how to come out of this situation and lead normal life.
I am 25 years old female. My hands are shaking badly when I do anything even when I straighten my hand. It affected my work and I am feeling very embarrassing. I cannot do my work confidently. May I take propranolol. Can it help me. I want to overcome from this and do my work properly.
Doctors, please let me know if any better permanent treatment for a slip disc problem available and what is that?
I am 18 years old and I have muscle pain in my shoulder while doing the exercise in gym I use volini spray but there's no success so tell me wht should I do.
What is the success rate of knee replacement? as people have different views and only 25% of people are normal post replacement.
I am 18 year old and I am suffering from backache I had used too much medicine and many other treatments I used but there is no effect so what do I do?
Hi Dr. I am dealing with back pain from quite some time I think for more then 2-3 years. Can you please tell me how do I reduce it.
Bursitis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of a fluid filled sac called the bursa. Bursa is present in between various tissues such as muscles, tendons and bones where friction may occur. This sac cushions the tissues and prevents friction. The usual areas that are affected by this condition are hip, shoulder and the elbows.
The symptoms of bursitis are:
1. You will experience pain in the affected area
2. Tightness and stiffness in the area
3. Local swelling of the muscle
4. Redness of the area
5. Any physical contact with the area causes pain
Bursitis may also occur due to the following reasons:
1. Ageing results in loss of elasticity of the tendons, thus impairing their ability to tolerate any stressful activity
2. Sports such as baseball where you are required to throw the ball with force may lead to bursitis
3. If you do tasks that require kneeling down on a regular basis
4. Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
5. Abnormalities such as improperly placed joints
6. Inflammation from other conditions such as gout, thyroid disorders and rheumatoid arthritis may lead to bursitis
The condition is treated by using a variety of methods such as exercise and medication. Antibiotics are used to treat any underlying infection causing bursitis. Injections may be administered to reduce inflammation in the affected area along with exercises to strengthen the affected muscle. In severe cases, the doctor may resort to surgery to treat this condition.
You may use certain preventive measures to stay clear of bursitis. Some of them are
1. Lift with proper form: If you are lifting something heavy, then make sure you keep the spine straight and bend your knees slightly.
2. Take breaks: Don’t remain in the same position for long durations, take small breaks and walk around to release the stress from your legs.
3. Exercise: Do strength building workouts to build strength in the joints. Include mobility and flexibility stretches in your routine to keep your joints healthy, thus increasing the range of motion.
4. Maintain optimal weight levels: If you are obese, then take steps to reduce your weight. Maintain a proper diet to check your waistline. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.