Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.PanneerselvamYour feedback matters!
Taking medicine of thyroxine since 7 yrs. Presently taking thyronorm 37.5 mg. Any sude effects of taking medicine of thyronorm medicine.
From past 1 nd half month you m drinking green tea with lime juice nd little bit of sugar in every evening. I just want to know that is causes any health problem for me in future because I am just 28 years old nd unmarried girl?
Hi sir thyroid k symptom kya hota h Sir Maine online blood test k liye bola hu kl blood line ayenge sir kya lab registered h.
Hi, I have hypothyroid from last 3 years, now TSH is 4 which is normal. But 50mg thyroxine tablet is continue. How can I completely recover from this tab.
Four years completed but I did not get pregnant. I have thyroid problem but Now it is in control (normal) so Is there any way to get pregnant fast? And period cycle also good. Every month 3rd I was getting the periods so please tell me which time is better to have sex and how to know the ovulation time/day.
My friend is diagnosed as diabetic at the age of 27. Is it possible to have diabetes at this age. If yes, What care should be taken?
My wife's age is 41years, menopause not happened yet, have thyroid problem, and also she is suffering from hair loss problem. Please Suggest
My mother has thyroid problem. Due to this her neck was swelling and have itching to gulp anything. Her thyroid report reading as follows:- Thyroid Thyronine T3= 2.48 ng/ml (0.79-1.58 ng/ml) thyroxine T4=16.0 ug/ml (4.00-11.00 ug/ml) Thyroid Stimulating hormone Tsh=0.010 uIU/ml (0.28-5.00 uIU/ml) And doctor prescribed her TAB. Thyrocab So what will we do now this treatment is ok with the recent thyroid conditions or not please help me to get a proper treatment.
My father is 52 years old. He is serviceman so setting work is more. His blood sugar level is fasting - 144 mg/ dl and pp - 188 mg/dl, Pp urine - trace. What should be the diet plan for maintain sugar level? What to be done to control diabetes? Please suggest me.
Hi I am a diabetic and want to know that I am managing my sugar level moderately can you tell me that how can I maintain sugar like this. I am 32 right now wgt 52 kg hgt 5 foot n no addiction for anything.
Sir, I am 66 years old having diabetic for past 15 years under control (slight ). Now My right hand palm is sacking .so I am not able to put my signature properly and even I am not able to hold coffee tumbler when I am taking coffee. So kindly suggest any medicine to cure the above nerves problem. ramasubba. AR.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"
What are the main symptoms of the disease diabetes and which type of food are not allowed to eat, please tell me.
My mom is suffering from thyroid and cholesterol any suggestions to overcome it or any recommendations what to eat and what not to ?
Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with glucose in the blood and the glucose absorbed from the food you ingest. Diabetes is generally of two basic types - Type 1 and Type 2. Apart from these two types, there are other kinds as well including gestational diabetes that some women suffer from during their pregnancy. Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the cells of the body do not make proper use of the insulin being produced by the pancreas.
Living with this kind of a condition may seem debilitating at first, but here are a few things you can do to make life easier despite Type 2 Diabetes.
- Weight: Being overweight is one the foremost side effects and sometimes, even cause of Type 2 Diabetes. To make your life easier, you can lose weight so that the complications involved are that much less. Diet and exercise are key for appropriate weight loss. Watch your diet so that you can eliminate high cholesterol as well. This can ensure that unnecessary amount of fat does not stick to your muscles and organs, which in turn will fuel better functioning of the same.
- Health Care Providers: Being fit with Type 2 Diabetes does not merely mean staying within your normal weight range. It also means taking care of your medication and insulin doses so that you can function in a more normal way. Make your family and friends your support system as you go about life so that people can help you and recognize symptoms when something goes wrong. Be in constant touch with your health care providers and the general physician you see so that they are in the loop and you know exactly what to do in case there is an emergency.
- Exercise: Being active is a great way to keep your blood sugar level low even as you ensure that you heart is in good condition. This will further eliminate the risk of heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Sweating it out also helps the insulin work in a better manner within your body.
- Balance: While you may be asked to remove sugar from your diet, there is no need to stay away from proper meals. You can have a fiber rich diet that also has plenty of fruits and vegetables so that you get your due nutrition to maintain a fit body.
Watching your lifestyle is the main thing you need to do if you are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.