Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.PanneerselvamYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old. I have gone for thyroid test. The thyroid (TSH, ULTRASENSITIVE) value is 7.82 uU/ml. Is it normal or exceed the normal range. Please suggest me.
Can we take ayurvedic and English medicine together for keeping my blood sugar under control? will it harm my health anyway?
Sugar fasting 180-190 after medicine janumet 1000 it will be 100- 110 but i want to continue with ayurvedic. So suggest.
Hi I am an unmarried male 40 years old and i got a marriage proposal of 25 years age girl. With hashimoto thyroiditis disease and I wanted to know is it fine to marry this girl and what complications can be for our children and her if i.marry this girl. And is this disease infectious and whats life expectancy of such disease holders thank you.
Hi sir, I am 66 years old retired Rly employee. I am a diabetic, obsess, constipation problem, nights I get up min 5 times for urinal, suffering from severe left hand shoulder pain for past two months. Please give me your suggestion.
Does high sugar levels in diabetes above 300 is dangerous for diabetes patients who is having alcohol regularly.?
Daily after lunch I used to have one sugar candy or chocolate. I take medicine for sugar and it is under control. Is it harmful?
My son is 14 years old he is suffering from acute obesity he is diabetic also Despite of all measures he can not reduce his weight Should I go for bariatric surgery If yes then sleep or gastric bypass.
What are the symptoms of diabetics? What Diabetics should not eat? How does it effect foot, shoulder, etc ?
I am 60 year old suffering from diabetes since 1994. Now I have developed extreme pain in my one thigh. I have consulted orthopaedic and physician. But no improvement at all. Then I have research on net and as per symptoms I think I am suffering from proximal neuropathy. In my city muzaffarpur, bihar therr is no diabetologist even in patna also not available. Can you prescribe medicine for me or suggest me in bihar whaere I get treatment. Thank you.
Sir, I am 50 years old, I have sugar since 4 years, daily I am walking 6 kms daily morning 5.30 am.but this winter season I am walking in evening 6 pm to 7 pm it is correct or not.
Hi I am an alcoholic person, but now I will stop drinking as I found out that I have fasting blood sugar 160 and after lunch sugar is 321, my liver is also somewhat damaged, my ast is242 and alt is 232, I have high bp problem, my ldl cholesterol is 161 which all is bad, so I want to know from you that apart from alcohol what else precautions should I take in my diet and exercise, please help me regarding this please.
Am a pcod and thyroid patients. Though am in diet I can't reduce my weight (75 kgs). Am 24 years old. Am working in software sector. I always feel like lazy every time. Am using cetapin and garbolim pils right from 2014. But no use I felt tell now. Just suggest a Gud diet or medicine to cure as early. Also taking 100 mg for thyroid. I'll get married within 4 months. But I've irregular periods cycle. Am so much worried.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: This procedure involves several days of internal oleation by taking either pure ghee or a specially prepared medicated ghee followed by a gentle herbal purgative. Purgation acts on aggravated and accumulated pitta and kapha doshas. It decreases the heat (ushna guna) of pitta and increases coolness (sheeta guna) required for formation of shukra dhatu (ovum and sperm). Impaired agni due to disturbed pitta is also rectified by the virechana procedure. A strong and balanced dhatvagni (tissue agni) is required for dhatnirmiti of shukradhatu (creation of reproductive tissue). Obstructing kapha dosha is removed through virechana and the blocked apana vata obstructed by kapha dosha is also relieved by virechana. Common virechana dravyas: mahatiktaghrit, trivrit (leha or churna). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.