Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. A. NandhiniYour feedback matters!
What is hypermetropia and myopia? What are the causes of this? What are the symptoms and causes of this give me idea about this.
I have short sightedness from past 5 years and the power of lens is -2.75 (right eye) and -1.75 (left eye). My age is 18 years. How can I get it rectified? Can I get laser surgery? If yes how is the procedure? Please explain.
I have problems regarding to my eye. Sometimes I can't see clearly and sometimes I can pls suggest me what to do.
Hello Dr. I've seen homeopathic doctors prescribing medicine. For people. Lik Berberis aqua for dry skin. Even I have dry skin. Can I get those prescribed medication without prescription? And help me with some useful tips for dry skin on face and body! thanks for reading my query. And I'll be grateful if I'm benefited!
My mother is 47 year old. She is suffering from reddishness in left eye. We consult doctor. ALSO in every 15 days after she suffered from cold and cough. She is also suffering from hypothyroidism taking medicine 75 mg thyronorm. Doctor advice d us ACE test and as per reports it is found to be in range of 65. So please tell me some advice or medicine so that I cure her.
I have cataract in both my eyes. The left eye has more blurring. The doctors recommended that the cataract should mature for operating it. however I have been told that now it is not necessary for the cataract and pin hole laser surgery can be done at any stage. What is it's cost and where can I get it done at a economic rate. I am an activist and have not earned for last 20 years and devout my entire time for various causes. I live in Delhi NCR.
Hello sir. My friend met with an accident around 10 years ago and he hurt his one eye n he is suffering from vision problem, after consulting a doctor report he has a scar on his retina vein. His left eye vision is (6/24). If you could please suggest me what can be done or suggest me the best of best eye care hospital in India. Thank you.
Dear sir/ madam, I am suffering from eye sight. Please give me suggestions for this. Thanking with regards.
Can eyesight can be improved with the help of ayurveda medicine .if it means can you suggest that medicine ? Sir my name is priya my age is 20 and I have really very poor eyesight so please help me.
Earlier tsh was at 1.1 and was taking throxin 125. Due to some symptoms my physician reduced dose to 100. Now after 6 weeks I have checked my tsh and that was 4.35. Now a days I am having burning sensation in feet and tingling sensation in face and eyes and slight pain in left temple of head. Feeling tremors when wake from sleep.
Sir This is my eyes problem I seen double vision every time and also tear fell every tome please solve my eyes problem.
I am 68 years old. I am one eyed. MACULAR HOLE in the retina nave been diagnosed in the another eye. I have been advised to under go MACULAR HOLE SURGERY by inserting gas in the eye for which I have been told to sit or sleep Face down position for period of 24 ×15 days which is very cumbersome to practice. My humble request, whether there is no any alternate oral or surgeryprocedure for treating the MACULAR HOLE. I will be highly obliged to receive your sincere response. Thank you.
Sir when I spend a few minutes on laptop, I feel my eyes get irritated. I could not keep looking at the screen. What should I do?
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.