Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. A.N.C. Venkantes BabuYour feedback matters!
Is pilocarpine dangerous to eyes. My pupil is dilated even 4 weeks after ICL surgery. Is it a dangerous sign.
I'm thinking to go for last treatment. I have -3 powers of both eyes. Is there any side effects from this treatment?
I am 22 year old. Is Lasik treatment for has any side effects? Please tell me about problems after Lasik. Any solution than Lasik?
I am 24 years old. Recently I have been experiencing burning sensation in my eyes. I wash my eyes frequently with cold water. I use laptop for about 10 hours a day. Is that the reason? I sleep for 7 hours.
I am 24 years female. I have headache n pain in my eyes from past one week. I have used headache medicines and itone for eyes for couple of days but haven't got any relief. I work 9-10 hrs daily in office sitting in front of computer. May be that is why I am facing such problem. Please let me know what can I do to get relief from pain.
Severe pain in both side of forehead in veins. Mainly happens in summer when temperature goes up. Sometime everything seems to be black around eyes. Feel no sensation Please tell what to do.
I am 39 year male guy facing following problems from last three months. 1] Both knee's paining while sitting and standing. 2] Difficulty in full breathing of full. I hv worked in power plant environment from over a year to last month. 3] joint pains in arms, toes, knees and back pain. 4] seeing black coloured spots while standing 5] now feeling lack of full strength inside the body. Before a year feeling full strength but now not. 6] over a year ago in oct 2014 weight is 63 kg and now weight is 57 kg. 7] feeling asthmatic while running and walking. 8] can't able to breathe from both holes un neck. Can breath from online right side hole. 9] I have frozen left side testicles, frequently itching in gap between lap and testicles. 10] I have left side facial paralysis from 2002 need to see expert who can cure it. 12] feeling very weakness and eye lids itching. 13] hair are falling14] I feel always tensed due to pending work and due to job tensions. Please suggest suitable medication which can cure above said things of my health and I can become fit with health.
My eyes are burning when I sat continuous in front of computer. Please suggest. Me some precautions to avoid these sensations?
Dear sir, I am male 25 year old. I can't see with my right eye for last 10 years due to retinal detachment. Is there any treatment available for the same let me know. Also my eye got crossed because of same problem. Can I get treatment for cross the eyes.
Dear Experts, 80% Cataract in right eye. Operation required Becoz of Cylindrical number *tonic lens * needed as doctors suggested - Name of hight quality tonic lenses: Names given by both doctors: 1. Alcon tonic 2. EnVista 3. Technis Which lens is good? Many thanks.
I have red eyes few days after birth. And many few times two legs pain after play. why? Please help me.
I m working as accountant all time in office using contact lenses, some time eyes get radish, so kindly suggest me how to care for eyes and contact lenses.
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.
My colleague has got 225 sugar recently which is for the first time. At the same time he has got malaria and his eye sight is extremely poor. How should he go ahead?
I have itching on my inner thigh and it become worst I check in net it looks like jock itch and area is more red please suggest I am using surfaz-sn from last I see no effect.
I use colour lenses. So I want to know do the use of lens really damage our eyes or not. Is it safe?
I want to get ride of my eye glasses I have 1 number in 1 eye . And I want to be more glowing skin and I want to get ride of pimple and dark spot please help me all this in 15 days you are a genuine please help me.
Hi I am having yellow eyes whenever I smoke a cigarette And this is happening for past one year I have had my blood test and am not having typhoid or tb.
Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which is used to correct droopy eyelids. It reduces the saggy quality of lower eyelids which you get with age and also rids of the excess skin from the upper lids. Apart from making your eyes look younger, Blepharoplasty also enhances your peripheral vision which can get affected due to sagging skin. An eyelid surgery does not help you get rid of dark circles or crow's feet which you get on the outer corner of your eyes.
Reasons to Consider Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery is a good option if you want to get rid of the sagging skin from your lower eyelids or the excess skin on your upper eyelids. Sometimes with age your lower eyelids may appear puffy, making you look old and exhausted all the time. An eyelid surgery can make your eyes look younger and livelier and also do away with the grooves and lines formed under your eyes.
Precautions to take after the Surgery
You need to stay indoors after the surgery for more than a week for your eyelids to heal. You may suffer from dry eyes; so always keep ice packs handy. Your doctor may prescribe eye drops or artificial tears, according to your needs. Make sure you always use clean towels and consume painkillers only if your doctor recommends.
It is of primary importance to follow up the surgery with postoperative care. Your doctor will give you detailed information about dressing, a dosage of antibiotics, activity level allowed and also the complications which can arise. Make sure you follow all the instructions and are prepared for the symptoms associated with it.
Risks associated with Eyelid Surgery
Fortunately, major complications associated with Blepharoplasty are rare; yet there could be some side effects of this surgery. Sometimes, there might be cases of infection and bleeding or a bad reaction to anesthesia. Hematoma or accumulation of blood under the skin is also one of the side effects of eyelid surgery.
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?