Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. A. LokeshYour feedback matters!
Digestive abnormalities. Loose motion in every month after eating oily food. It happens since 6 years. And joint pain after swelling in the joints .it is not a bone problem it is muscle problem because the pain is not at bone .actually the is at back side of joints.
I am 18 years old and I am suffering with severe headache and back pain also accompanied with head ache and motions also and I am also suffer I ng with sprain iny spinal cord and also joint pains and some times severe stomach ache occurs and it stops suddenly and al So co.
Hi I am suffered from pain in my back since 5 month. Can you please tell me how to exercise to overcome from this. Please tell me.
I was operated for koch's spine with paraplegia (T8-T10) 6 months ago by a spine surgeon. Now I have slight movement in legs but still unable to lift my back up or sit on my own at least, urinary system is good. Can you suggest whether I should consult spine surgeon or Neurosurgeon for second opinion and also suggest me a good spine rehab Centre periphery to mumbai.
Hi sir/madam. I had c-section 4 months ago. I chosen walking as a exercise one hour per day. But I am getting back pain. What are the precautions to be taken to reduce my tummy through walking ,without having back pain.
I am a 48 years old male. My weight is 106 kg & I have knee pains. I have allready stunts in heart. Please tell remedy.
What medicine or remedy could aid to relieve from cervical spondylosis pain from neck to right shoulder blade, hand n leg. Thank you doc.
I have pain in my leg before 2-3 month I go to doctor for treatment they say it is normal so, please give the solution.
My body full weakness then joints of all above is also pain eg; harm above, foot above so please suggestion how to remove the pain & weakness.
I am 38 year old and have severe pain in my feet after I come back from playing tennis every evening. I play usually from 6 to 9 pm with breaks in between. I started playing for about 1.5 months now. Is there something I should do after the game to ensure that I do not get up with sore feet every morning?
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.