Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. A KarunagaranYour feedback matters!
Since 2 years I have pilonidal sinus on the below tail bone, I have taken 6 months ayurvedic medicines. But no improvements, still boil is not going, sometimes its increasing, n little puss, n blood comes out, do you have any guaranteed treatment for pilonidal sinus? please advice.
My noses are always blocked. I can't smell properly. Even though I don't have cold, am having this problem. Please help me.
My friend has dry cough and a little irritation in throat because of that. She had viral fever also which is gone now. What to do?
I get frequent cold, runny nose and sneezing. Usually starts in the morning and lasts till noon. If I take a cetrizine it gets controlled in an hour or two. At local clinic doctor prescribed a stronger dose of levocetirizine for a week, after this medication cold got controlled for a week and then it re started to appear in regular frequency. This is happening since almost an year. I tried strict diet control, nose mask, home remedies, taking steam bath, but they dint help in long term. Please suggest.
I am 40 years old. I used to get sore throat and forming of mucus. It happen all the year. How to prevent mucous forming? What are foods to avoid? And what to eat? Kindly reply.
I am 24 years old. I have a low bp problem since I am 14. In past few years I have noticed, sometimes suddenly I start sweating, feels dizzy n feel like eating something sweet immediately. If I eat something sweet immediately, i' please be fine instantly. But if I dont, I continue feeling the same even if I have 1 course meal. Is it some kind of illness? kindly suggest.
In my ear I am listening a tinny bell ringing all 24 hoursa I am 73 years old.Please suggest something
Hello, I am suffering from sinus since last three days. What are the remedy to overcome sinus and is there any medicine that can cure it?
I am 23years I am having pilonidal sinus what is the main reason or background that is having for this disease as it will come maximum at the age of 18-28years majorly seen in men and what is the permanent solution for this.
Which Food items I shouldn't take while having sore throat? Also which Food items helps in healing the same quickly.
Sir Mujhe 3,4 days se aankho me andhera aara hai. Aur gale me bhi Jalan mehsus hoti hai. Aisa lagta hai jaise kuch gale me atka hai. Maine medicine liya tha but Aram hua tha. Ab Fir se problem start hogye hai. please help me out.
I have nasal problem allergy I take nasal spray and one tablet daily cetrizine. What should i do to cure?
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.