Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.K.SreedharanYour feedback matters!
Hello. Sir mere father diabetes ke patient hai. Abhi kuch din pahle unka accident hua tha ab unhe weakness feel hota hai unhe takat ke liye kya kya khila sakte hai market se lake. Ye btaye hame.
I'm a 24years boy having tinea versicolor since 7-8yrs. I didn't took any alopathic medicine for it please suggest me some good medicine to get it free from this.
I am 22 years old female, I am suffering from stomach pain and vomiting, from about 5 year during my periods, my body gets shivering and also sweats. And also suffer from gastritis only during my periods.
Hello. I have a problem of early ejaculation. Whenever I start having sex, I get aroused and whiten time I ejaculate. I am not happy with this.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
Hi I have been suffering from severe cold mild fever and severe headache and heaviness from four days. How can I cure it at home? Please advise.
Hi! I started masturbating since teenager. Now m at 30's. I can not stop masturbating everyday. It has become habit. How to stop this habit.
I am having a problem regarding my nose. I am having problem in my nasal breathing. The muscles inside my nose swallows up after some time intervals and tge passage gets blocked. J feel problem in breathing. What is the proper medication for that.
My father is 95 years and had pacemaker implant in Sep 2012 at Medanta. He was also diagnosed and treated with COPD at Medanta in 2014. He has been leading normal lifestyle til now. However for past two weeks his abnormal parameters are :- Serum urea - 51.4, Serum creatinine - 1.78, Uric Acid - 8.21, Hb - 10.8, BP - 175 / 82, Heart beat - 102, Oxy Saturation - 92 %. There is water retention in his feet upto knees and fingers also. Please advise urgent oral medication. Colonel Sudhir Nethan, 9415103282.
I am 20 years old. I am suffering from Typhoid since 3 months. So please give me some suggestion that what to do?
Hello Dr. My father suffering from gas trouble aged about 40-45. Right now he is using fungal diastase and pepsin syrup (alzyme) but there is no changes. please suggest any easily available marketed product. Also please mention any home remedies and precautions what to eat and what not to eat. What food is the best to maintain his daily diet perfect. Thank you.
If there is one disease which most people would definitely be affected by, it has to be the common cough and cold. It is not without reason that it is called “common cold.” When we look back though, common cold and cough was not so common. It is evident that it has become common due to the lifestyle and environmental changes and can be managed again by looking at how it used to be managed earlier.
Ayurveda believes that health is determined by the balance between the tridoshas in the body, namely vata, pitta, and kapha. Common cough and cold are caused by an imbalance between all 3 components. The type of cough, phlegm, congestion, etc., will vary depending on which dosha is predominant. People who repeatedly have attacks of common cold would be delighted to know there are remedies which are commonly available and can keep these attacks at bay. Read on to know more.
- Garlgling with salted lukewarm water soothes the throat and helps in relieving cough.
- Taking a combination of honey, lemon, and lukewarm water 3 times a day is very effective in preventing common cold.
- Drinking warm liquids like herbal teas and clear vegetable soups with garlic added soothes the throat and also provides antioxidant benefits against cold and cough.
- Boil some handful of tulsi leaves in a litre of water, strain and drink it through the day to get rid of cough and cold.
- Eating onion dipped in honey also can prevent chronic cough and cold.
- Boiling tulsi seeds and ginger in water and drinking this after straining also helps the throat.
- Drinking juice of betel leaves is another natural remedy.
- Add some salt to mustard oil and rub it on the nose and throat to get immediate relief.
- Similarly, a mixture of curd, sugar, and black pepper powder provides relief from cough and congestion.
- A mixture of cinnamon, honey, and pepper also helps people with cough and cold.
- Add a small quantity of asafetida (hing) to a glass of warm water and feel the relief in the lungs and throat.
- Boil water with jaggery and coriander seeds, strain and drink twice a day.
- A mixture of ginger and milk can be used in concentrated form to be instilled in the nose.
- A mixture of fennel seeds and clove powder mixed with honey provides great relief.
- Inhale the vapour of ladies finger from water in which it was boiled. This relieves throat infections and dry cough.
In addition, Ayurveda has specific yogasanas like jal neti, sutra neti, kapalbhati and setubandha, which are aimed at clearing out nasal and airway passages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.