Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.K.Shanmugaavel
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.K.ShanmugaavelYour feedback matters!
I 30 years suffering from burning sensation in chest and frequently suffering from mouth ulcersPlease suggest some permanent remedy.
I have gastric problem. At morning everyday at the time of brush my teeth, I feel like vomiting. sometime it's vomits. What is best solution for this.
I have teeth problem, I can not eat from my right side last teeth, it feels cold and hot both Please suggest me?
I am taking ayurvedic medicines to solve my ED problem n also under insulin control as I am a diabetic. I want to know that is it indirectly affecting my tooth as also I am suffering from pyrea n facing gum problem.
Can if a mam teeth has spoil and he want operations his teeth and apply new teeth is it possible. And what a patient do when there is a pain in her teeth and gums are swelling.
I am 22 year old male. I have pain in my mouth, last side of teeth from last six months. I tried many types toothpaste but not found any relief. What should I do? please help me.
Hello, I kissed a girl yesterday who I know is positive of HIV. I have bleeding gums and I don't know about her. My gums bleed at the time I brush my teeth. Even though my gums weren't bleeding at the time we kissed .Do I need to be worried about it at all if yes then when should I go and get myself tested?
Cavities and bad teeth are the most common complain of children around the world. It is never too early to start inculcating good dental habits in your child. You can begin even before your child has his or her first set of teeth. Begin by being a good example and taking care of your own teeth. Along with that, here are a few dental tips to keep a bright smile on your child's face.
- Get a dental check up: Your child's first visit to the dentists should be when he is she is around a year old. Even if your little one only has two teeth by this time, the dentist will be able to take a look at how the child's teeth are developing. The first dental visit should be followed by regular checkups.
- Check your water: Your child needs water with fluoride in it. This protects the teeth. Bottled water usually does not contain fluoride and hence should not be used to make the baby's formula or given to the baby. Additionally, ensure that the baby's mouth is cleaned of all milk residues, etc. before he or she goes to sleep.
- Brush teeth: Once your child has his first set of teeth, it is time to teach him how to brush them. Ideally, teeth should be brushed twice a day for two minutes each. Use a soft bristled toothbrush for your baby with a smear of fluoridated toothpaste. Brushing your teeth with your child will give them an example to follow and make it easier for them to learn how to brush their teeth. You may introduce your child to flossing once they are 6 years old.
- Avoid sugar: Candy and chocolate is the leading cause of cavities in children. Sugar releases acid that takes up to half an hour to be cleaned by saliva. Thus, frequent sugary snacks can leave your child's mouth acidic for longer and make it more susceptible to cavities and tooth decay.
- Meal times: Maintaining regular mealtimes not only gives your baby a healthy lifestyle, but also affects their dental health. Instead of letting your child sip out of a sipper cup throughout the day, encourage him to drink a glass of juice in one sitting. Juice contains sugar and hence this has a similar effect to snacking in the day. When using a sipper cup also pay attention to the back of your child's upper front teeth. Since the sipper cup positions itself behind these teeth, this may be the first to show signs of tooth decay.