Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. A K JainYour feedback matters!
I feel my near eye side giving problem and I checked found ok. But after every evening my eyes go down tired. How I can improve.
I have eye sight, in right eye I have sphere and cylindrical shapes and in left eye I have only sphere shape .so now I'm interested about LASIK surgery. Earlier I was consulted my eye doctor he said 100℅ clear vision to only left eye and 90℅ only to the right one . So if I'm gng to LASIK surgery is good to me or not ,if I would go LASIK am I get a clear vision of both eyes or not. please tell me.
Hello doctor my name is Ashton I am 15 years old from mumbai from few months I am suffering from weak eyesight I can't see things from far so can you please advice something.
I'm having a severe eye sight of 6 negative. I'm 19 old.Can I know the parameters those improven my eye sight. Thanks and regards
Both my eyes waters a lot since a long time. Is this any type of indication? How should I take any preventive steps to avoid this.
I used to work for night shifts and when ever I wake up in the morning my eyes are always red. I look as though I am drunk always. What's the solution for my red eyes.
My eyes pain lot even after I wake up from sleep. Eyes are not red or pale but eyes pain very much like they are tired.
I am 23 years old. I am wearing spectacles from last 10 years. I want to remove my spectacles through lasik treatment but I hv gone through check up so I hv got check up retina n cornea too but after retina check up the Dr. Said I hv to go through laser retina therapy for improvement in retina. Is this good or harmful before lasik. After laser therapy doctor is giving one month review. please reply me soon?
Hi. My right eye has become red and tears are flowing I doubt it is conjunctivitis. Can you prescribe some medicine for me.
I have red eyes for last 2 days what should I do I m feeling very uncomfortable while working in front of system.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?
I have problem in my eyes. When I focus on far object I feel pain in my eyes. Also I went for a eye hospital and doctor said I just a normal.
If you are diabetic then it is important that you consult a ophthalmologist for regular check-ups. Diabetes is known to be one of main causes for blindness across all age groups. If you suffer from bouts of blurred vision then it is not likely due to a long term vision problem. It is temporary and usually occurs due to fluctuating blood sugar levels in the body.
How diabetes affects your eyes?
The lens of your eyes can swell if you are a diabetic, and this can impair your ability to see causing blurry vision. In order to rectify this problem, it is important for you to get your blood sugar levels under optimal levels. This entire procedure of reducing blood sugar levels may take three months or more.
Eye problems that are caused by diabetes
The major eye problems that can occur due to diabetes are
- Cataract: Cataract occurs when the lens of your eyes become foggy or cloudy. Although cataract mostly occurs to people who are middle aged or above sixty, you can get affected by this disorder at an earlier age if you are diabetic. Also, the deterioration or clouding of the lens progresses at a much faster rate than usual. Cataracts lead to an inability to focus as the retina is covered by cloudy layer.
- Glaucoma: This is another disorder that can occur due to diabetes. This is characterized by the buildup of pressure in the eye due to the fluids within it not draining properly. This intense pressure damages the nerves and blood vessels in the eyes, thus impairing your ability to see.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Diabetic retinopathy is a disorder characterized by damage to the vessels in the retina that carry blood. It can occur if you have either of the type 2 or type 1 diabetes. If not treated in time it can lead to blindness.
If you have a history of diabetes or even borderline diabetic tendencies, it is highly advisable to constantly check your blood sugar levels and also get your eye checked at regular intervals, especially if you feel even the minutest vision problems.