Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A. Jayashree Harini
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. A. Jayashree HariniYour feedback matters!
Sir, hi. I slipped from the stairs of my house and got injured. We waited till the morning and go to a doctor nearby our house who is a bone and joint specialist Dr. Gagan deep. He started the treatment on 5th march'15 by immediately putting the plaster after an x-ray. Another x-ray was done by him after two days i. E. On 17th march'15 and had asked me to come after 45 days. On 20th april'15 he removed the plaster after another x-ray saying that now the bone is perfect. But I was not able to walk properly and the swelling persisted. We decided to take a second opinion. My friend then took him to Dr. Avasthi (ortho). That doctor clearly said that it was a day 1 surgery case and now also surgery is the only solution. One of my friend took me to a doctor Dr (physiotherapist). He also said that it was a clear case of day 1 surgery but we can cure it through physiotherapy. He suggested the following treatment: pneumatic compression walking brace and ambulatory training for the same. Waiting for early reply. Regards.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain - This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity - When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities and resumption of normal activities - This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep - Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase - Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems - As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Potli swedan is very effective therapy in back pain. It reduce inflammation, strength the muscle and tendons, relax the nerves and reduce pain. Potli swedan is the type of keraliya panchkarma, in which a panchkarma specialist make a potli with dry herbs powder or rice prepared in herbal decoction or different type of patra and dip the potli in warm oil, than give a tapping massage on back.
1. Ankylosis spondilytis
3. Slip disc
4. Buldging in spinal cord,
5. Acute pain
6. Pain due to injury
7. Degeneration of bones
8. Weakness of muscles
Steps to Alleviate Your Backache at Work Spot
1.Be in simple stroll and aligned posture at work
2.Stop munching carb-rich and fried food
3.Stop ordering in and eating lunch at your workplace,walk out of ur cabin and leave to cafeteria
4.Take simple break in between work like walking around and stretching the body
5.Go outdoor and Inhale fresh air during break
6.Avoid Elevators and use restroom and water coolers on a floor above your work station
7.Maintain posture with sitting upright with back and neck absolutely straight