Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.Gajendrababu
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.GajendrababuYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 10 yrs old and keep getting strep throat very often could you please suggest so home remedies to avoid it and to build her immune system.
My Brother has got premature baby born at 26 weeks pregnant, now he is 47 days age, he has go brain bleeding problem after 10 days of birth, they have used lot of antibiotics during the treatment for the lung infection, now he has not yet put any weight, same the weight of 850 gm, he is active and movements are okay. Starting he was on ventilator, but now he is taking his own breath, the heart beat rate is 96, In brain CT scan it showing that everything normal except gross hydrocephalus with thinned brain parenchyma, doctor said its not the position to do any operation on him, so paediatrician it self pulling out water by injection method with the guidance of Neurologist in video call. So please provide us if there are any other options and suggestions for us.
Hi doctor, my 13 month old baby becomes very lean nowadays. What are the main reason for weight loss? How to gain weight. Note:we are frequent telling from Chennai to Bangalore is that also a reason for her poor growth?
My daughter who is 5 years old is having hypo thyroid and has been taking Thyronorm since she was 2 yrs. whenever she was prescribed with 37. 5 mg Thyronorm medicine her tsh count will be a little above the range and whenever she is prescribed with 59 mg Thyronorm, her tsh count will. Be below the range. What shall we do. When we give two days in a week with 50 mg and rest of the days with 37. 5 mg ,her count was within the range. Can we give like this (different dosage)?
My 5 n half months baby girl gets cold and cough frequently since she was 4 months. Once she gets this she can't sleep for days. Kindly recommend permanent solution and also a medicine to give so that it gets cured immediately.
My baby is 8 months old, he passes stools 4 times a day, sometimes 5 times from past 2 months, in his stool routine test 6-7 pus cells and entameoba histolytica cyst is found and e.coli infection is there, so doctor gave metrogyl and gentamicin injections for 7 days along with zinc and pro biotic, while taking the medicine and after completing the medicine also no change in him, I am so much worried, is it serious problem, please help me doctors.
My baby is 2nd half mnth old. Her sleeping pattern is difficult. 2days she can sleep well nd another 2 days she nt sleep well like whole day she take slip only 1 or 2 hr ... Only after taking breastfeed ..Nd 10 min sleep like that... What was the reason behind that??? How can i support my baby for deep sleep
Introduction:- it is an intestinal infection marked by watery diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea or vomiting, and sometimes fever. It can be either caused by viral or bacterial infections.
- watery diarrhea
- stomach pain
There are many ways gastroenteritis can be spread:
- contact with someone who has the virus.
- contaminated food or water.
- unwashed hands after going to the bathroom or changing a diaper.
The most common virus which causes gastroenteritis is rotavirus and norovirus. Coli and salmonella are most common bacteria causing gastroenteritis.
Other causes can be:
- heavy metals (arsenic, cadmium, lead, or mercury) in drinking water.
- eating a lot of acidic foods, like citrus fruit and tomatoes.
- toxins that might be found in certain seafood.
- medications such as antibiotics, antacids, laxatives, and chemotherapy drugs.
- Aconite - this must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloes - this remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area.
- Arsenic album - this medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona- used in case of diarrhea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipecac - when there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, ipecac can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum - abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
- Pulsatilla - diarrhea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach.