Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.G.Ramesh
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. A.G.RameshYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old. My eyesight become very down and tears floss from my eyes every time. Can I regain my eye power. Current lens no. Is -2.5 both eyes. I want to remove off my spex.
My right eye power is 3 nd lest eye is 3.5. Farsightedness. Have notices slight squintness what to do.
I would like to have a better health supplements for my eye as I do observe some power loss while working 24/7 at Laptops. I have read at some health related websites for some essential supplements that required for better vision and healthier eye. They are, Vitamin C, 250 mg Vitamin E, 200 mg Beta-carotene, 5,000 IU Zinc, 25 mg Zeaxanthin, 500 mcg Selenium, 100 mcg Lutein, 10 mg Calcium, 500 mg Thiamin, 2 mg Folic acid, 800 mcg Omega-3 essential fatty acids (includingflaxseed oil), 2,000-3,000 mgN- acetyl cysteine, 100 mg Alpha lipoic acid, 100 mg Would you please suggest a tab that contains the above or a better tab that suits. If I do go for clinics they are trying to sell a spectacle rather than suggesting a tab and I am not willing to wear specs. Thanks in advance Regards,
Hi doctor, im 18 year old, I am student, I usually use computer and mobile phone, and I am facing a problem of back-neck pain. It relief when I stretch my neck but after sometime the pain will back with tiredness. What should I do now?
I am 20 year old male and I am a student. I have a to spend lots of time on laptop which makes my eyes go dry because of which I can not sleep properly. And this also cause sever head ache. Please let me know the solution of it.
How to diagnose bacterial eye infection? For example if its gonorrhoea? How to cure it completely? Please tell treatment course for cure?
All of us agree that healthy habits are absolutely necessary for a high quality of life. It is another story that whether we put them into practice or not. These healthy habits have to be cultivated since childhood for keeping vital organs like eyes in a perfect condition. One's quality of life is closely linked to how well one see and one can take steps now to take care of one's eyes and preserve vision well into old age. Keep Your Eyesight Sharp and protect your eyesight with the five tips listed below-
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet- It has been scientifically proven that some foods can boost eye health and delay age-related eye changes. One must include eye-boosting vitamins and minerals in diet, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamin C, Vitamin E; zinc and omega-3 fatty acids to keep one's eyes in best shape. Broccoli, corn, squash, peppers, spinach and kale are the best source for zeaxanthin and lutein whereas citrus fruits, melons, tomatoes and broccoli are great source of Vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in legumes, wheat germ, nuts and seeds while one can get zinc in found in whole grains, salmon are a great source of omega-3.
- Reduce Exposure in the sun - Sun's ultraviolet rays can increase the risk of developing cataracts, which is most common cause of age-related vision loss in adults. It is very essential to take precautions to shield one's eyes from the sun. One should wear UV protective eyewear or wide brimmed floppy hat for protection from sun.
- Quit Smoking- Smoking is not only bad for heart and lungs, it can also damage eyesight. Cigarette smokers are at greater risk of developing both macular degeneration and Glaucoma.
- Regular Exercise- Regular exercise keeps waistline trim and eyes sharp. Latest studies have shown that those who led an active lifestyle were seventy percent less likely to develop macular degeneration.
- Go for Annual Eye Examination- Regular examination of eyes can give a surprising number of clues about ones overall health. An ophthalmologist can detect a broad set of problems ranging from hypertension to diabetes by doing a thorough examination of ones eye.
One only have one pair of eyes, so it is absolutely necessary to take the proper steps to care for them. By nourishing one's body with the right foods, getting regular exercise and going in for regular eye exams, one can keep vision sharp at any age.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!