Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.Chandan
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.ChandanYour feedback matters!
I am loosing our hair continuously I have tried various shampoos and conditioners but no effect for this what I do.
Heavy hair hairfall, continues headache more than 2_3 days, restlessness, fatigue and no sleepy at night.
What can I use instead of lipbless lip balm. A doctor suggested me to put on dark lips. But its not available anywhere. How to get rid of dark lips. Especially on the upper part?
Sir mere penis ki skin rough type ki ho gayi h aur uper ki skin papdi ki tarah nikal rahi h what I do?
Hi, I am 27 yrs old. I am getting pimple on my face for curing its takes 1 week time at that time I done home remedies but no use and so many marks also there on my face. What I should do?
Vitiligo patients should get their thyroid profile done every two years.
The thyroid gland situated in the neck (front of the neck) is responsible for the production of the thyroid hormones- T3, T4, and TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). Thyroid problem surfaces when these hormones are either produced in elevated or in reduced amounts. The problem is often triggered by improper functioning of the thyroid gland. Some of the medical complications that this gives rise to include Hyperthyroidism (elevated production of thyroid hormones), Hypothyroidism (reduced production of thyroid hormones), Goitre (enlargement of the thyroid gland).
Thyroid Hair Loss
The hair loss is one of the many associated symptoms of Thyroid disorder. Thyroid problems often trigger a hormonal imbalance, not only of the thyroid hormones but the steroid hormones as well. This imbalance contributes significantly towards a lot of hair problems including, thinning of the scalp, hair fall (can be quite severe at times). In extreme cases, this may even lead to baldness. Both Hyperthyroidism, as well as Hypothyroidism, may lead to the hair loss and other related hair problems.
Natural Remedies For Thyroid-related Hair Loss
While medications may go along way to keep the thyroid problems under control, there are natural remedies available to deal with thyroid-related hair loss.
- Coconut oil comes with a bag full of health benefits. A rich source of saturated fats, daily consumption of coconut oil (1 tablespoon) can bring about a significant improvement in people with hypothyroidism. You can also go for a hot coconut oil massage of the scalp. Keep it for about 30 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo. This hot oil massage will improve the circulation and stimulate the hair growth. You can also add curry leaves and fenugreek seeds to coconut oil, warm and strain the mixture and then use it for hair massage.
- The evening primrose oil is another oil that can work wonders to ensure a healthy hair growth. Laden with GLA or gamma-linolenic acid (omega-6 fatty acid), this oil is known to restore the hormonal balance (a factor responsible for hair loss). You can consume the oil in the capsule form as well as use it for a hair and scalp massage.
- Taking biotin supplements can be of great help but only when a doctor recommended.
- The role of Vitamins (especially Vitamin C and E) in ensuring a healthy hair growth is known to all. Enrich your diet with foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E (citrus fruits, avocados, almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, palm oil) to deal with thyroid hair loss with elan.
- Sea Kelp can also help to restore the normal functioning of the thyroid gland thereby reversing the hair fall. You can have it either as dried flakes or in supplement form.
- Ayurveda and the natural herbs can work miracles to deal with the thyroid disorder and the related hair problems. The herbs commonly used include Amla, Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Bhringaraaja, Neem, to name a few.
- Meditation and Yoga can play a significant role in arresting the hair problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!