Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. A.BalakrishananYour feedback matters!
I am 59 yrs old, now a days I am getting urination frequently compared to earlier period. Feeling tiredness often. But as for appetite concern it was normal as before. I am for the past 2 yrs walking briskly 5 km daily and maintaining body fit- my height 5.4" and weight 62 kgs almost same for past 7 years. Recently I took up for test and found sugar at random 160-190 (three times. Suggest me I prefer not to take english madicine.
There is nail polish remover smell in ma urine as well it will b cloudy. It doesn't occur frequently. Twice in a month r so. And it's been happy since last 2 years. N since I am staying in hostle I usually skip ma meals. And sometims I used 2 starve whole day. Hoping a positive response. thanks .
Having bedwetting problem used many medicine but no result passing urine while sleeping in day time also please tell me what to do?
In urine time I face some problem. If any one near me I can not urinate in that time. If nobody is there I can urinate .iam facing this problem from 3 years. There is no other prblm. If I go outside the town or goin for a trip I face this problem majorly so I have to search a place where nobody is there. I very sad about this. Please help me. I want to avoid this problem. What I have to do.
How much is the charge for one time dialysis treatment of 4-5 hours in Dombivali Hospitals. As already my father is under dialysis at some other place I would like to bring him to Dombivali.
I have been suffering from frequent urination. I am male and I am 26 years old. I have the habit of smoking and alcohol consumption. I also feel burn when I urinate. My weight is more than 70 kg's.i want to know how to treat it. Can you please tell me the whole prescriptions to be taken. Asap thank you,
CBC. 4900 neutrophil 61.0 Lymphocytes 35.0 eosinophil 3.0 monocyte 1.0 Basiphils 0.0 Haemoglobin 12.9 PCV. 35.1 Total RBC. 3.97 RDW CV. 13.7 MCV. 88.4 MCH. 32.5 MCHC 36.8 Platelet 2.15 ESR. 10 Blood GLUCOSE 111 UREA 23.5 CREATININE 1.00 T3 84, T4 9.00, TSH 0.76 HbA1c. 6.5.
Hi, I have done sphincterotomy fissure in ano approximately 1 month still now having the problem as before LIS. Why still feeling like ie, pain, burning sensation.
Sir will drink water thoroughly but after 5 minutes toilet coming and after that immediately thirsting is it any. Sign to diabetes.
I got ring worm problem in my ass and lower abdomen I am suffering most in summer because of sweating ,so please help me to clear this.
I have PCN tube in my right kidney from past 20 days. How long the tube is inserted in kidney. When it is removed.
Recently I've been suffering from Urinary Tract Infection. After proper medication (7 days) I've noticed that still suffering from frequent urination. What is the reason behind this.[ I always consumed lime water juice (1 time in a day) and green tea (3-4 times in a day. During medication.]
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.
Bladder cancer BCG vaccination is once in a week for 6 weeks. Surgical removal of bladder is the best available treatment for muscle invasive bladder cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I have problem in sexual life. My urine every time yellow colour come. This problem comes ti 6-7 months. have check to doctor but doctor said it is because water ratio is low in body. But I am not satisfied complete. So please tell me how should I interest more in sexual life.
I am 62 years Male suffering from Prostate Enlargement for the last 4 years. Now I am planning to go for TURP which is suggested by Urologist. Now I understand that Laser surgery for this is available which is painless and bloodless where recovery is reported to be very fast unlike conventional surgery. Please inform me which is best type of surgery ie. Either conventional or laser surgery.(weight of the gland is 140 gms.
A week ago, I got a bump in my anus and it was severely paining at that time! doctor has checked and said it could be 2 problem i.e. Boils or piles. He have given me Polyclav 625 mg which reduces the pain and I can only feel the pain when I touch it. I am very tensed what exactly it is? Is it piles or just a boil Please anyone who has experienced can help me.
Sir my creatinine is very high. It is 4.43.but I do not have any problem in my body. Blood pressure is normal. No swelling. What should I do.
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.