Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.Balakrishanan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. A.BalakrishananYour feedback matters!
I am taking geripod d for BPH for last three months but the result is not satisfied. My prostate enlarged prostate is in grade 1 stage and the urine retention is about 130 ml. The uriflometory test is ok. I am 47 years old and diabetic too. Kindly advise.
Sir I am a 30 years old. Male.i have problems while urinating. feel some burning sensation while urinating. Urine does not come frequently as usual also and have to go urine very un commonly. Sometimes I am jst done bt after sitting for a while have to go again. Pls give some suggestions what to do.
I have stones in my both kidneys. In right kidney I have 2 stones (size:- 9mm and 12mm) in left kidney I have 2 stones (size:- 6mm and 8mm). How to recover from it and what's the best treatment? Give me a advice also which can help me to stop remaking stones in future.
I am 19 years old male and I feel pain in penis after doing urine, it happens one time each day. What should I do? Which type of doctors are for this symptom?
Sir main baar baar urine krne ko ja rha hu par urine krte samy koi problem nhi hota h normal colour urine hota h ye problem kal se ho rha h maine apna water intake jada v kiya h main 4 se 5 litre paani peeta hu sir koi probl k lakshan h kya agr har 1 ghante me urine krne jao.
I am 60 years Male. prostrate PSA 2.55.Later USG KUB done. Urinary bladder distended with mid wall thickening 4 mm. No evidence of calculi. Previous volume 520 cc. Post void vol 127 cc. prostrate enlargement size 5 * 4.4 * 4.3 cms approx wt 84gms. Can the prostrate enlargement be treated or is Holmium Laser enucleation of prostrate necessary. Whats the approx cost of it. Please advise.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which is caused by loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson’s disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured. There are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as they boost the strength of your pelvic muscles.
- You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in containing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking and treatment of an enlarged prostate are also used as blocked by prostate lead to bladder irritation. Now-a-days, more than 80% cases of incontinence in males respond well to medications.
Surgery may be the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options depend on the cause of incontinence. If it is because of obstructing prostate, prostate surgery by TURP / HOLEP is curative. If it is because of bladder overactivity, BOTOX injection in bladder is useful. If it is TRUE incontinence after radical prostate surgery then treatment include a male sling or artificial urinary sphincter implantation. In sling operations, a type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. In Artificial sphincter implantation, a cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A Interstim device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.