Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.B.Sridhar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A.B.SridharYour feedback matters!
If you are suffering from a constant back or neck pain that never seems to go away and disrupts your routine considerably, then you can consider chiropractic treatment option. Chiropractic care is a natural treatment of musculoskeletal disorders without any drugs or surgery. Chiropractors specialize in reshaping the spine, which changed from its original shape due to many reasons causing pain and inflammation. It is widely accepted a form of treatment in all developed countries like the USA, UK, etc. and gaining popularity in India especially in cases of back pain.
How do they treat?
After carefully listening to the patient, Chiropractors initiates the treatment on the specially designed table. Their palm and finger play a vital role in chiropractic treatment. They apply a light thrust on the affected area on the spine and gradually glide down until the end of the spine in the sacral region. This process actually helps to realign the spine by straightening it.
Chiropractors may massage on the soft tissue as well to ease out the pain. A chiropractor glides the pressure through the muscles of their patients, which gives a tremendous value-added benefit with a little time or effort on the chiropractor's part. The massaging action relaxes strained muscle surrounding the spine, which enhances patient satisfaction.
What is the duration?
Treatments generally take weeks for a permanent solution to the back pain. Initially the skilled professional may suggest you to for 2-3 visits within a week. Depending on the response, it may come down to once a week. Each session varies between 20 - 30 minutes under the expert's fingers. They keep on tracking the improvement level by comparing to the first visit. They are effective in Subacute back pain, Chronic Back Pain, and Neck Pain.
Are there any Contradictions?
Yes, people suffering from fractures, bone tumors, arthritis, infective bones & joints, osteoporosis, etc. should not be treated by Chiropractors. Screening process by the chiropractor at the first visit is to see whether you may be at high risk for these problems. Screening allows the chiropractors to identify stress points, misalignments and other issues related to back pain. It helps in reaching to the origin of pain and determine what treatment is necessary.
Any activities providing synergy to the treatment?
Spinal adjustments are most effective if combined with conventional therapies to treat back pain, which include:
- Heat and cold therapies
- Relaxing methods
- Electrical stimulus
- Promo block
- Stretching Exercises
- Educating the Patient
Chances of further aggravation in chiropractic treatment are low if performed by a trained practitioner. Further, if you have been under a chiropractor for long and your back pain isn’t improving its time to visit your family physician to find out if any other treatment option should be pursued, but in most cases, this procedure can provide relief on a long-term basis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you experiencing knee pain and seek ideal treatment for your condition? Knee pain is a very common issue which may develop in any bony structure of your body, comprising your kneecap, the knee joint, ligaments, and cartilages of your knee. Knee pain is common in people of all ages, and simple home remedies can be used to treat knee pain effectively. In severe cases, professional treatment or help is required.
• The location of your knee pain varies based on the structure that is involved.
• Your whole knee may swell up and seem painful in the case of infections and inflammatory processes. On the other hand, a bone fracture may show sym354787ptoms in one specific area.
• The severity of knee pain may vary from acute to serious and disabling.
Other common symptoms associated with knee pain include the following:
• Difficulty in walking because of knee instability.
• Limping because of discomfort.
• Difficulty in going up and down the staircase because of ligament damage.
• Swelling and redness.
• The inability of extending the knee.
Knee pain may occur because of several reasons, and factors. Generally, knee pain is classified into 3 primary categories. They are:
• Acute injuries that include broken bones, a meniscal tear, or a torn ligament.
• Medication conditions which commonly include the likes of arthritis, and various infections.
• Conditions that occur on account of chronic use and overuse, such as patellar syndromes, tendinitis, bursitis, and osteoarthritis.
• There are several treatment measures for knee pain, based on the cause, your condition, and severity.
• The most common treatment procedures include the following:
• Several medications are used for the treatment of an underlying medical condition that causes knee pain, for effective pain relief.
• Strengthening of the muscles surrounding the ankle makes it stable and helps in achieving the best mechanical movements.
• This is effective in avoiding injuries and preventing an existing injury from worsening.
• Several injectable medications are injected into your knee directly.
• Corticosteroids and lubricants are commonly used for dealing with inflammation in the knee, and for improving movement and pain.
• In case of severe and persistent knee pain, a surgery may be required. Knee operations include arthroscopic surgeries, total knee replacement and much more.
• Arthroscopic surgery is the most common procedure in which injuries in your knee are repaired and pieces of loose cartilage and bone are removed.
• During partial knee replacement, the damaged parts of your knee are replaced with metal and plastic parts. Only a part of the knee joint gets replaced.
There are several other therapies that are also beneficial for the treatment of knee pain. You can opt for acupuncture, which is ideal for osteoarthritis patients. Glucosamine and chondroitin supplements are also prescribed in some cases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!