Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I'm 31 years old I have backache problem from last 3 month. I have consulted so many doctors but my problem never solved. Please tell me some medicine.
I am having pain in my knees since last five months. Regularly I can walk, run etc. But when I getup from sitting position I feel pain. I am 40 years old and my weight is about 58 to 60 kgs. What could be the reason?
I am 17 years old. My body is so weak. I tried doing exercise. But my body pains due to it. I get tired. Especially my back pains mostly. There is also problem with my diet. Even though I didn't watch tv or other things while eating, my eating speed is too slow. I tried my best to improve my body. Please tell me how should I solve this problem? How can I improve my body?
I smoke marijuana. My doctor is suspecting me to have spinal arthritis. I wanted to know if I continue to smoke marijuana will it have any kind of affect on my health.
Sir my back side of neck feel pain sometimes like bip bip. This is happening from five six years ago. When it pain then I touch from finger it feels like heart bit/tip tip. I visit some doctors but no positive result. This is not all time but sometimes happening. Sir suggested me what can I do for this or which specialist is perfect for this. Sir I want to attached a photograph of this place but no option for attached.
I am surfing from back and neck pain while driving and workout. Can you suggest me what is the reason and what should can I do to get rid of it?
I have tenis elbow problem in my right hand mid joint. Getting pain if play badminton for half an hour in weekend and while working in office with laptop. Visited two three dr. in Delhi & Gurgaon & got physiotherapy but not getting the desired result. Most of the Dr. advised for pain killer , in long run this is not good and harmfull for the body. Can you suggest the better ways which can cure it. The problem is started since last one year.
I have pain in my back bone. How I felt release from this problem. You slso suggest me the solution of this problem.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.