Doctor in Physiofix
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for PhysiofixYour feedback matters!
गले के अगले हिस्से में स्थित थायराइड ग्रंथि को साइलेंट किलर भी कहा जाता है. ऐसा इसलिए कहा जाता है क्योंकि इसमें आने दोषों का पता समय पर नहीं चल पाता है. जाहिर है किसी भी बिमारी का समय पर इलाज न हो पाने से स्थिति खतरनाक हो जाती है. कभी-कभी तो मौत भी हो सकती है. आपको बता दें कि आकार में बेहद छोटी सी लगाने वाली ये ग्रंथि हमारे शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाती है.
थायराइड ग्रंथि के ठीक से काम न करने से हार्मोन का स्त्राव प्रभावित होता है. लेकिन यहाँ ये जानना भी बेहद महत्वपूर्ण है कि थायराइड ग्रंथि का कम या ज्यादा काम करना भी परेशानी का कारण बनता है. जीवनशैली और खान-पान में आने वाली अनियमितता ही थाइराइड की समस्या उत्पन्न करती है. इसका मतलब है कि यदि आप अपने जीवनशैली और खान-पान को लेकर सजग हो जाएँ तो इसकी संभावना काफी हद तक कम हो सकती है. इसके लिए हम आपको थायराइड का डाइट चार्ट बता देते हैं-
थायराइड पीड़ितों के लिए डाइट चार्ट-
1. आयोडीन युक्त खाना
थायराइड पीड़ितों को खाने-पीने के में आयोडीनयुक्त खाद्यपदार्थों को शामिल करना चाहिए. यानी ऐसे खाद्य पदार्थ जिसमें आयोडीन की पचुर मात्रा में पाया जाता हो. इसका कारण ये है कि आयोडीन की मात्रा ही थायराइड की क्रियाशीलता को प्रभावित करती है.
2. खाने का स्त्रोत
आयोडीन के लिए हम समुद्री जीवों या समुद्र से प्राप्त खाद्य पदार्थों का भी इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं. मछलियों, समुद्री शैवाल और समुद्री सब्जियों में प्रचुर मात्रा में आयोडीन पाया जाता है.
3. कॉपर और आयरन
इसके अलावा कॉपर और आयरन से युक्त आहार लेना भी थायराइड में काफी लाभदायक होता है. इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता में वृद्धि होती है.
4. इसके स्त्रोत
कॉपर के लिए आपको काजू, बादाम और सूरजमुखी का बीज लेना चाहिए. इसमें कॉपर की प्रचुरता होती है.
5. आयरन की भूमिका
आयरन के लिए हरी और पत्तेदार सब्जियों से बेहतर विकल्प तो हो ही नहीं सकता है. विशेष रूप से पालक में आयरन की भरपूर मात्रा पायी जाती है.
6. पनीर और हरी मिर्च
थायराइड के मरीजों को पनीर और हरी मिर्च के साथ-साथ टमाटर का भी सेवन करना चाहिए. क्योंकि ये भी थायराइड गंथि के लिए बेहद फायदेमंद है.
7. विटामिन और मिनरल्स
आपको अपने डाइट चार्ट में विटामिन और मिनरल्स युक्त आहार को प्राथमिकता देनी चाहिए. इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता में इजाफा होता है.
8. आइस क्रीम और दही
थायराइड में कम वसायुक्त आइसक्रीम और दही का भी सेवन भी थायराइड के मरीजों के लिए काफी लाभदायक है.
9. गाय का दूध
इसके अलावा कुछ घरेलु उपाय भी अत्यंत लाभदायक है जैसे कि गाय का दूध भी इसके मरीजों को पीना चाहिए.
10. नारियल का तेल
नारियल के तेल से भी आप थायराइड ग्रंथि की सक्रियता बढ़ा सकते हैं. इसके उपयोग में आसान बात ये है कि इसका प्रयोग आप खाना बनाने के दौरान भी कर सकते हैं.
इन खाद्य-पदार्थों के इस्तेमाल से बचें -
1. थायराइड के मरीजों के डाइट चार्ट में सोया और उससे बने खाद्य-पदार्थों का कोई स्थान नहीं रहना चाहिए.
2. थायराइड के मरीजों को जंक और फास्ट फूड से भी दूर ही रहना चाहिए. क्योंकि फास्ट फ़ूड थायराइड ग्रंथि को प्रभावित करते हैं.
3. यदि परहेज करने वाली सब्जियों की बात करें तो ब्राक्कोली, गोभी जैसे खाद्य-पदार्थों से दूर ही रहना चाहिए.
कुछ अन्य उपाय-
थायराइड के मरीजों को इस डाइट चार्ट का पालन करने के साथ ही कुछ और बातों का ध्यान रखना चाहिए. नियमित रूप से व्यायाम करने की आदत डाल लेनी चाहिए. इसके साथ ही किसी योग प्रशिक्षक की सलाह से योग भी करना चाहिए. क्योंकि इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता बढ़ती है. हलांकि इन सबके बावजूद किसी चिकित्सक की सलाह अवश्य लें.
Diabetes is a state where the body suffers from lack of energy due to poor metabolic state. This is construed as depression in many patients as they already feel lethargic and subdued. The fatigued state of body in diabetes can be alleviated by exercise which raises endorphins - substances which are released in the body especially by exercise - providing us the necessary elation so much necessary for our recovery
Managing diabetes may make a person feel alone and set apart from their friends and family due to the number of dietary restrictions they need to follow. Additionally, if the person has trouble controlling their blood sugar level, it may make him frustrated and anxious. Over time, these negative emotions can build up into depression.
Depression can make a person lose his sense of purpose and can make regular tasks feel like too much to handle. Thus, a depressed person may stop taking care of himself. The lack of energy can lead to a loss of appetite or unhealthy snacking. This can trigger fluctuations in blood sugar levels that worsen diabetes.
Thus, depression and diabetes have a cyclic relationship. The good news is that these two diseases can be treated together and managing one of these diseases can have a positive effect on the other as well.
Here are a few ways to treat diabetes and depression:
- Regular Exercise: Regular exercise is very beneficial towards treating, both depression and diabetes. Exercise helps regulate blood sugar levels and hence can help control diabetes. It also helps in reducing excess weight, which can enhance your self image and make you feel happier. Simultaneously, it also releases endorphins or the 'feel good' brain chemical. This can help alleviate depression symptoms.
- A Balanced Diet: A balanced diet is essential for good health and can help manage, both these disorders. Along with a balanced diet, there is also a need to abstain from snacking between meals. Reducing the amount of sugar in your meals helps stabilize blood sugar level and control fluctuations. Stable blood sugar level keep a person from becoming increasingly anxious and can thus prevent depression.
- Restful Sleep: A good night's sleep can treat, both diabetes and depression. If you have proper sleep, you will awake feeling refreshed and energetic. This positive energy balances the negativity of depression, lowers the urge to snack and helps in stabilizing blood sugar level.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy or in particular cognitive behavioral therapyhas been proven beneficial towards treating depression. This in turn gives a person the motivation needed to manage his diabetes as well.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, the most common complication of pregnancy, has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar levels of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level. Ayurveda can help treat this disease.
Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes:
Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as gymnemasylvestrae in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the blood stream.
Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is MomordicaCharantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is PterocarpusMarsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
Saptrangi is biologically known as SalaciaOblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
The medical name for ashwagandha is WithaniaSomnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
Your thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland situated at the base of the front of your neck, just below your Adam's apple. Hormones produced by the thyroid gland do everything from maintaining your heart rate to regulating your body temperature to controlling your body weight.
Millions of people worldwide suffer from thyroid dysfunction and several don't know about it. This is primarily because people don't tend to link the common symptoms first with a thyroid disease. Some people suffer from mood swings, trouble with memory, weight gain or fatigue -all of which they look upon individually as a problem and hence not piecing together the puzzle of their real medical condition. Here are a few insights that'll help you cope:
How does the thyroid gland work?
About 85% of the hormone produced by our thyroid gland is T4, which is an inactive form of the hormone. After T4 is made, a small amount of it is converted into T3, which is the active form of thyroid hormone. T3 is then converted to free T3 or reverse T3. It is the free T3 that forms the base of thyroid functions.
What is hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism, or an under-active thyroid, accounts for 90% of all thyroid imbalances. The signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism develop slowly, often over a number of years which is why it is often missed from regular treatment charts. For instance, fatigue and weight gain are often attributed to stress, lifestyle changes and natural ageing process. But as time goes by, some of the symptoms show a higher level of manifestation like muscle weakness, elevated blood cholesterol, thinning hair, puffy face, hoarse voice and slowed heart rate.
This disease may also occur in newborns, infants and children. Symptoms include excessive sleepiness, poor muscle tone and constipation. It is important to diagnose and treat it early as in severe cases it may lead to mental and / or physical retardation.
In children and teens, it can result in stunted growth, and delayed puberty.
What is hyperthyroidism?
It's the opposite of hypothyroidism, which means in this case the thyroid overproduces hormones. Common symptoms include lack of sleep, weakness, irregular heartbeat, elevated blood pressure and hand tremors. While genetics is partially responsible for it, it is also triggered by autoimmune disorder. Hyperthyroidism can be treated with medication, radioactive iodine (not the first or best choice as it harms white cells too) and surgery. Keeping a focus on your calcium and sodium intake is crucial to curb the disorder.
Conventional treatments rely mainly on drugs and surgery. Alternative treatments involve diet and lifestyle changes. Taking multi-vitamins, going gluten free, getting a good night sleep, and reducing stress is all said to help heal your thyroid gradually.
I have hypothyroidism. First I ate 100 mcg and then after 1 month TSH level decreases drastically and I took 50 mcg and my menstrual flow is regular which is within interval of 20 days and then I took ayurvedic medicine (withdrawn thyroid tablet) and after 3 months my tsh is 26 and now I am eating 50 mcg with my doctor prescription and I am 20 year old. Recently I come to know that my mother has hashimoto thyroiditis .i am afraid that hypothyroidism mine too is hashimoto .Can you say with these details that I had hypothyroidism or autoimmune?
My t3 and t4 levels are in a normal range but my TSH is 6.02 i.e I am having subclinical hypothyroidism. I just wanted to know that whether I can take l carnitine supplement to shed off extra kilos or not?
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin Clevels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataractas a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreekseeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
The thyroid gland, in the lower front of the neck, releases hormones in the bloodstream that affect almost every part of your body, from your brain and heart, to your skin and muscles. It also controls metabolism which is the process of changing the food you eat into energy. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
- Decreased heart rate
- Goitre (swollen thyroid glands)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing that weight
- Persistent jaundice
Hypothyroidism is not curable, but it can be controlled with the right medication.
Along with taking your medicines, you can also adopt the following lifestyle changes:
- Eat right: While there is no specific diet for hypothyroidism, you should consume vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Since gaining weight is a common symptom of hypothyroidism, eating the right things can help you maintain your weight.
- Regular exercise: Exercising can reduce stress, improve energy and help you maintain your optimum weight. Aerobics (for example, cardio), flexibility and strengthening workouts can help with hypothyroidism. Other than that, light weightlifting, yoga and walking, are also beneficial. Do not forget to consult your doctor before you start on any of these exercises.
- Reduce stress: Hypothyroidism is chronic, and the one thing that worsens chronic diseases is stress. Stress has serious repercussions on your overall health. So it is important to reduce your stress as much as you can. Meditate daily, at least for five minutes, and schedule a weekly massage to deal with your stress.
- Get enough sleep: Fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism; you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. The best way to counter this is to establish a schedule for sleeping. Try to sleep and wake up every day at the same time in the night and in the morning. Generally, sleeping for seven to eight hours is recommended.