Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Nirmal's Homoeo ClinicYour feedback matters!
Allergies or allergic reactions, are common occurrences which are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
However, when your antibodies identify a particular allergen as harmful, when it really isn't, a reaction occurs which may lead to inflammation or infection of the skin, sinuses, the digestive tract and the respiratory tract, among others. Allergies usually differ from individual to individual and can vary from mild skin irritations to fatal life-threatening emergencies.
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Running nose
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Facial swelling
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Intense shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Weak pulse
- A significant drop in blood pressure
The main cause of allergies is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Airborne allergens - pollen, mold or dust mites
- Insect stings - bee stings or scorpion stings
- Certain eatables - peanuts or sea food
- Medications - penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Latex or other substances which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Stress affects every aspect of our lives. It does not allow you to think or focus on anything else, tempts you to binge eat and takes control of your lifestyle. Stress can also cause severe health problems that can result in heart disease. Thus it is very necessary to learn how to control and manage stress. Managing your stress effectively can help you cope with it better and let your remain in control of your life.
Homeopathy is based on the belief that the mind and body are connected. Thus by treating one, the other can benefit as well. Thus when prescribing a form of treatment for any health condition, attention is always paid to the mental state of the patient. Homeopathy can be very effective in treating and controlling stress and stress related problems. When treating stress with homeopathy, it is essential to first understand the cause of stress.
Some common homeopathic remedies for stress are:
- Arsenic album: This is usually prescribed to people who are generally anxious and nervous. People affected by the stress of being late for an event or meeting can also be given this remedy to ease the stress. Patients who benefit from this form of treatment are also often hypochondriacs who constantly feel that every minor symptom is a sign of a major illness.
- Bryonia: This is very effective remedy for all kinds of stress. It can also be used to treat stress triggered by uncertainty at the workplace and insecurity about not having enough money even though they work very hard.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is also a common homeopathic remedy for work place related stress. People who are concerned about being observed or stressed by an upcoming deadline can be benefited by this medication. This type of stress can commonly be seen at the time of appraisals.
- Staphysagria: People who are extremely sensitive and feel that the world is unjust and unfair to them cab be benefited by Staphysagria. This is often faced by children bullied in school and people in corporate work environments. Staphysagria boosts confidence levels and thus makes the person feel less vulnerable.
- Ignatia: Emotional stress is very well treated by Ignatia. This homeopathic remedy addresses feelings of disappointment and guilt and stress that follows an emotional loss such as the loss of a loved one or breaking up for a relationship. It also fights the desire to withdraw from family and friends and moodiness.