Doctor in Lakshmi Hospital - West Mambalam
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Lakshmi Hospital - West MambalamYour feedback matters!
Warts refer to a type of a deformity in the skin, which refers to the formation of a small, hard, benign growth on the surface of the skin. It is generally caused by a viral infection and results in a feeling of discomfort or pain.
What causes the formation of warts? Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family. This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the other. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts? Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- Avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection.
- Grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care.
- Picking and scratching on warts should be avoided.
- Moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it.
- Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or any antiseptic lotion.
- Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe OPD procedure which takes a few minutes only and does not leave any scars.
HI, How to cure extreme ear pain due to chicken pox blister? The blisters are starting to get dry but the ones which are inside the ear are paining a lot. Please suggest some home remedy along with pain killer.
Hlo doctor, I am 18 years old. I have got dark circles and deep sunken eyes. I have a chubby face. And with deep sunken eyes. It seems like a dull and like a patients face. Due to my face fat my cheeks seems like coming outwards and my eyes are going inwards. I do not have any kind of stress or worries. I sleep at 9 pm daily and wake up at 5 pm early morning. I take 7-8 hrs of sleep daily. I take a healthy diet. Please help me.
I get pimples after face wax and threading and the reason why I go for face waxing is because I get unwanted facial hair.
Eczema is a common chronic skin condition, which is characterized by skin inflammation and irritation. The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body. Eczema can be cured if the persistent immunological disturbances get corrected by internal medications like homeopathy treatment, which is known for providing safe and effective treatment.
The presence of red, inflamed and itchy skin can trigger psychosocial and emotional stress in the patients suffering from eczema and can become a dominant cause of severe discomfort.
Homeopathy treatment for eczema
In homeopathy, Eczema is considered as an external demonstration of an internal disease; it requires internal and deep cleansing to tackle the problem effectively. The treatment of eczema begins with the assessment of initial symptoms in order to identify the root causes of the disorder effectively.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets:
1. Genetic components
2. Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
1. It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease
2. In most of the cases, its effects are long lasting
3. It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
1. Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
2. Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
3. Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
4. Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.
Hair fall has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall has long term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside, preventing them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the Ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications
It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated due to intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp-related problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
- Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
- Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: Bhringaraaja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful to control hair fall.
It is normal for most individuals to lose up to 50-100 strands of hair every day. This is not cause for alarm since new hair will grow right back over a few months. Hair normally grows and sheds in cycles, with each new hair growing and living only for a few years and then shedding off, only to be replaced by a brand new hair from the same hair root.
However, when you start loosing more than 100 strands daily or if your scalp shows obvious thinning, it is time to figure out the cause and take some remedial action. The most common causes of hair fall include:
- Male and female pattern hair loss. This kind of hair fall is driven by genetics and hormones. Males typically loose hair from the front and the crown. Females maintain the frontal hairline but notice hair loss from the top of the head. Early treatment with oral and topical medicines can put a brake on this progressive process. With some newer techniques, a few younger, lucky patients may even notice some regrowth.
- Telogen effluvium. This is sudden, diffuse hair loss and can happen due to many different reasons. Medically speaking, hair is not very important to the body and any sudden trauma, illness or deficiency within the body, causes the hair cycle to be shut down. The hair does not fall immediately but only after several weeks or months after this stress. Luckily this kind of hair fall is reversible with minimum treatment. Be prepared to be a “patient” patient, since several months of treatment is required to allow the hair to gradually grow up from the hair roots situated deep within the skin.
- Anagen effluvium. This is caused by damage to hair roots by anti-cancer medicines, toxic chemicals, and some drugs. This condition is automatically reversed once the cause is removed.
- Alopecia areata. This is caused by a faulty immune system, which, for unknown reasons, attacks the body's own hair roots. This abnormal immune response can be reversed and regrowth of normal hair can be achieved. Treatment options will vary from patient to patient and may involve applications of creams, injections, lasers, lights and sometimes stronger immune modulators.
Don't be afraid to shampoo regularly. Shampoos do not cause hair fall. Avoid tight braids, vigorous combing or vigorous toweling on wet hair. Do not be misled by unscientific advertisements of shampoos, lotions, gadgets etc. Instead, seek proper medical advice. Of course, always maintain a healthy lifestyle and a good, well balanced healthy diet.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
* Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
* Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
* Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long-term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
* Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimeters will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
* Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the color, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin color.
* Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
* Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from skin.
1. Use warm water to clean your skin
Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil on the face more effectively than cold water.
2. Face masks
You may use face masks such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
3. Limit scrubbing
You should restrict exfoliating your face 2-3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
4. Use a toner
You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size which thus decreases oil production.
Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
6. Stay hydrated
Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
7. Use medicated pads
To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil which shall help in freshening up your face.
8. Choose makeup wisely
It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.