Doctor in Lakshmi Hospital - West Mambalam
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Lakshmi Hospital - West MambalamYour feedback matters!
Our body is a mechanical wonder, and it is truly amazing how each part, from head to toe, has its own role to play. The foot is one of the most complex mechanisms in the body. The way it works is just so intricate and fascinating! But, due to being so complex, there are a lot of things which have the potential to go wrong and cause a foot to begin to pain.
Taking into account the various troubles the foot can have, does it not make sense to learn what some of the causes are?
Sprains and strains are just so common when it comes to the causes of foot pain. That being said, there are quite a lot of people who do not really know how to tell the difference, exactly, between an injury such as this and something which is more serious. This is what causes a lot of terrible injuries to go untreated for quite some time, leading to them getting progressively worse.
While the name of the condition may be difficult, plantar fasciitis is the fancy name for a swelling up of a certain ligament. Too much pressure causes this to happen. The ligament is the one which is responsible for connecting the heel bone to the toes. When it comes to what is to be done in order to treat this sort of condition, the most important thing is to make sure the foot is rested to a sufficient extent. After all, it is too much use which got the injury to occur in the first place, right?
In addition to this, heel and foot stretches are of high importance and if the pain is very bad, pain relief medicines are to be taken, but a person should make sure that he or she does not become too reliant on these sort of medicines.
A stone bruise is something which need not take place due to a stone but the term does quite a good job of explaining why such an injury occurs in the first place. If a hard object is stepped on, it can cause an injury to the heel or to the ball of the foot. Again, in a case like this, it is important to rest the area. Also, applying ice to it will help it go away sooner than it normally would have.
A heel fracture may have similar causes to a stone bruise but is more intense. Serious medical attention is required as it may not only break the heel but also cause related damage. A wheelchair or crutches are the way to go and a cast is required in most cases.
Eating right not only keeps you healthy but can also make you look prettier and give you clearer skin. Given that the skin is the largest organ in the human body, it is where deficiencies are most noticeable. Here are a few foods that can enhance your looks.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is packed with proteins and amino acids that help repair skin cells and keep your skin looking fresh. Amino acids also help banish dark circles that may appear after a long night.
- Kidney beans: Kidney beans and legumes are packed with proteins that help repair cell damage caused by free radicals. They also help break down amino acids that can then boost collagen production and help in the repair and regeneration of skin cells.
- Pomegranates: These fruits are rich sources of anti-oxidants and help get rid of toxins from the body. They are also responsible for increasing the body’s production of collagen. By boosting collagen levels, pomegranates help slow down the aging process.
- Avocados: This green fruit can be both eaten and applied on the face to benefit from it. It is a rich source of biotin that helps prevent brittle nails and hair and keeps skin well moisturized. When applied as a face mask, avocados can also hydrate parched skin.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in polyphenols that help eradicate free radicals from the body and slow down the aging process. It’s anti-oxidant properties also keep skin elastic and prevent sagging, fine lines, wrinkles and heal the damage caused by sunspots.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and are considered to be a high carotenoid fruit which helps prevents sunburn and relieves the damage caused by excessive exposure to the sun. Tomatoes can also slow down the cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids that help fight stress and the effects of stress. The astaxanthin present in salmon improves the elasticity of skin thus keeping it firm and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Walnuts: For vegetarians, walnuts are an excellent alternative to salmon. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that helps keep the skin looking youthful and add shine to your hair.
- Water: Hydrating the skin from inside and outside is essential. Water helps the skin maintain its tautness and elasticity and prevents drying and premature signs of aging. Water also helps transport essential nutrients to the skin. Apart from drinking water it is also beneficial to eat foods with a high water content such as cucumbers and watermelon to benefit from the hydrating properties of water.
- Oysters: Oysters are rich in zinc that helps regulate oil production in the skin. In turn this makes the skin less prone to acne breakouts and other such skin irregularities.
Drug rashes are generally defined as the reaction of the body to certain kinds of diseases. Different drugs result in different kinds of diseases which sometimes are as dangerous as being life-threatening.
1. Blisters and swelling
Many drugs result in acute blisters and swelling in different parts of the body. This condition, if unchecked may aggravate leading to dangerous consequences.
2. Prolonged high fever
Continuous rise in fever is often diagnosed as a serious consequence of certain drugs.
3. Abnormal redness of the skin
Few medicines often result in sudden reddening of the skin. This condition continues till the drug is discontinued.
4. Rash and itching
This is considered as one of the most common side-effects of medicines. Often medicines result in continuous itching and rashes on the skin that also causes swelling if unchecked.
5. Swelling of tissues
Tissues often swell up as a result of consumption of certain medicines. Consequently the concerned person experiences problems in breathing and often a drastic fall in blood pressure.
However there are ways that one can adopt in order to combat drug rashes.
1. Identify and discontinue using the drug
One of the most essential ways of combating drug rashes is to identify the drug and immediately discontinue consuming it.
2. Avoid using chemicals
One way of easy recuperation is to avoid using chemicals, soaps on the affected areas. If continued to use, they aggravate the already caused damage. On the other hand calamine can be used for treating drugs.
3. Wear loose-fitting clothes.
Wearing tight clothes that sticks to the body further damages the skin. Instead one should try to wear loose fitted clothes that allow the skin to heal.
4. Apply cool compresses.
Taking cool showers or applying cool compresses over the affected areas significantly help to recuperate fast.
Blessed are the people who enjoy a healthy, flawless and glowing skin with minimum effort, throughout their life. Of late, dermatological problems like acne, pruritus, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, have been affecting all and sundry. People, irrespective of their age, sex and occupation suffer from skin diseases. While some of the ailments are minor problems, others might be grave enough for one to seek an expert opinion. A number of factors, both internal as well as external, contribute to the skin ailments.
The dermatological problems, if not treated timely, can leave a person physically, mentally and emotionally drained out. In such cases, a person's self confidence is the worst affected. A lot of conventional and Allopathic options are available to treat the skin disease. Ointments, antihistamine tablets and antibacterial medications, though effective, often provide temporary relief. In many cases, it has been observed that in due course of time, the problem tends to relapse. The disease, thus, never really leaves the body, piling on the agony.
In this regard, Homeopathy has been a revelation, taking the medical world by storm. It works effectively to completely eliminate the dermatological problem out of your system, providing permanent relief. Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach in treating a disease. It lays great emphasis towards identifying and treating the underlying cause. Homeopathic treatment can be a little time consuming, but the time is worth waiting for. Over the past few decades, homeopathy has been the most sought after and reliable medication to deal with dermatological problems. Problems as grave as psoriasis and herpes can be completely cured; all thanks to the goodness of homeopathy.
Some of the homeopathic medications that have effectively dealt with skin diseases include:
- Natrum Muriaticum and Rhus Toxicodendron - Both the medications, Rhus Toxicodendron in particular, are very effective against eczema. Natrum Muriaticum has been found to soothe a person suffering from mental depression greatly.
- Thuja Occidentalis - Acne problems, warts, freckles, dry and itchy skin, ulcers (anogenital region) can throw life in jeopardy. Embrace the goodness of Thuja Occidentalis and the mentioned skin problems will be a thing of the past.
- Arsenicum - If psoriasis and chronic urticaria are giving you sleepless nights, Arsenicum is what you need. Arsenicum is equally effective against chronic eczema.
- Sepia - Herpes can make life miserable. Sepia is a powerful medication that gives one a lot to cheer about. People with psoriasis and dry skin can greatly benefit from Sepia.
- Cantharis - It provides great relief from blisters, skin eruptions and burns (second and third degree).
To enjoy the everlasting benefits, one needs to be a little patient with the treatment. To know more about the effective homeopathic treatments, reach us at.