When you cant eat fresh, eat frozen. Depending on where you live and what time of year it is, you cant always get your hands on high-quality fresh produce. Keep this in mind: frozen is fine. Manufacturers freeze frozen fruits and veggies at peak ripeness, which means they will pack a similar nutritional value as their fresh counterparts. Just choose plain frozen foods rather than those with added sugars or sodium.
Keep healthy in winter by including plenty of these 5 foods in your diet. Although there are fewer foods that are in winter season than in summer. Here are 5 of the healthiest winter foods you should be eating.
1. Pomegranates - Chances are you have tasted pomegranates in their newly popular juice form. And from a heart-health perspective, thats probably a good thing. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants (more so than other fruit juices), just a cup daily might help to keep free radicals from oxidizing ldl bad cholesterol, according to a preliminary study in the american journal of clinical nutrition. Oxidized ldl contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries. Another study showed that drinking pomegranate juice might improve blood flow in the heart in people with myocardial ischemia, a serious condition in which the hearts oxygen supply is compromised because the arteries leading to it are blocked.
2. Dark leafy greens - Dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard and collards, thrive in the chill of winter when the rest of the produce section looks bleak. In fact, a frost can take away the bitterness of kale. These greens are particularly rich in vitamins A, C and K. Collards, mustard greens and escarole are also excellent sources of folate, important for women in childbearing age.
3. Citrus - Citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin, one medium orange delivers more than 100 percent of your daily dose. Citrus fruits are also rich sources of flavonoids. The predominant flavonoid in these fruits hesperidin is credited with boosting good hdl cholesterol and lowering bad ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Potatoes - Potatoes sometimes get a bad rap for being a white starch, thrown into the same category as white rice or white bread. But unlike those other starches, which have indeed been stripped of healthful nutrients, potatoes are foods that contain several beneficial nutrients. They are an excellent source of two immunity boosters .vitamins C and B6, delivering 25% and 29% of your daily needs per medium potato, respectively. They are also a good source of folate, which is especially important for women in childbearing age, and they deliver fiber (4 grams in a medium potato, women need 25 grams daily and men need 38 grams). If you can find purple potatoes, you will get an added health boon as they are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants that are linked to a host of health benefits, from lowering cancer and heart disease risk to quelling inflammation.
5. Winter squash - There are many varieties of winter squash including butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash and they all are excellent choices in the winter. One cup of cooked winter squash has few calories (around 80) but is high in both vitamin a (214 percent of the recommended daily value) and vitamin c (33 percent), as well as being a good source of vitamins B6 and K, potassium and folate.
If you wish to father a child, then sperm count and quality are critically important. Do you know some bad habits or activities can unknowingly harm your sperm? Here are 7 research-backed ways that you are ruining your sperm quality and count.
1. Laptops- Laptops can be dangerous if you use them on your lap. They can heat your testicles which can negatively affect your sperm production. In fact, a study indicated that men who use laptops on their lap regularly, their sperms motility decreases and DNA damages. This may hurt the chances of reproduction.
2. Smoking -Smoking contributes to 13% of male infertility cases. It damages the sperms in such a way that they are unable to fertilize the eggs. Even if they manage to create an embryo, it is less likely to survive. A puff of smoke may also cause hormonal imbalances and erectile dysfunction.
3. Hot shower - Watch out when you raise the temperature of your bath next time. Experts say that taking baths in very hot waters can heat your scrotum and decrease the sperm count. Scrotum is sac that stores sperms at 35 degree celsius. Avoid prolonged exposure to hot water, moderate exposure is fine.
4. Soap and detergent - Sure, they are considered as the ultimate germ killer but it is not just germs they kill, you are also killing your chances of having a baby. Some antibacterial soaps, shampoos, detergents and toothpastes may contain triclosan, this chemical has been linked to.
5. Beer - A european study suggested that drinking 5 beers a week is enough to reduce the sperm quality in healthy men. The researchers advised that high habitual alcohol can affect reproductive health and lower the chances of having a baby. However, semen quality can be restored if alcohol intake is reduced.
6. Tight briefs -When you wear tight briefs, your scrotum gets hold more tightly against the body. It can warm the testicles and create a hostile environment. Switch to wearing briefs as they can make you comfortable and also keep the scrotal temperature elevated.
7. Smartphone - Keeping your smartphone in the trouser pocket can spell trouble for you. An american study suggested that phones emit electromagnetic radiation and can have undesirable effects on the cells responsible for development of sperm inside the testicles.
What's the average time to get ejaculated after having sexual intercourse for both males and females.
Hello, doctors I am 27 years old single but I am having problem of PRECUM even a small sexual thought leads to a lot of precum from my penis and wets my thighs or undergarments. Is it normal or do I suffer from some problem, please help.
How to cure internal piles? And give me a suggestion regarding food? What type of food I can eat and avoid?
I am 35 years old. From two months I think I get semen allergy on thighs when I perform sex or masturbation. Next day it will appear. It seems red rashes and itching. Day to day it increasing if I not derma5. How to cure permanently. My wife also infected next day after sex. But it seems different.
Hi. I work in a US shift. My shift timings are 6: 30 pm- 3: 30 am IST. I used to sleep around 4: 30 am and wake up for lunch. But I am not able to sleep these days. Please suggest.
Gud morning sir. Mem I have 1 bought bcoz I have been scan my scrotum so left side I have severe pain in my left testis 10 to 15 days so Dr. general physician can suggest me to do scan scrotum so I done 8 Dec 2016 so report Colour doppler. Eve dene of tortuous vessels on lt side maximum diameter notes is 4 mm with reflux on valsalva this report I can show my physician but he suggested me urologist or general surgeon please sir mem I can't understand help me I am scared about this bcoz next years I plan my marriage is this a big problem in my life ya I ll show to that urologist or gen surgeon I regarding you please reply me as soon as possible. All lybrate team reply me your suggest thanks you.
I am recommended for a bypass surgery after angiography with 95% blockage. I want to know that can I choose EECP inspite of Bipas? If EECP can cure my blockage? And for how long it will keep me healthy? Is it a good substitute of bipas? Is EECP is a successful treatment?
My penis size is not good. Want to increase the penis size in length as well in thickness. Please guide How I can increase my penis size naturally.
Masturbating can cause weight loss or weakness? Or why my heart beat is fast when I want to do masturbate.
I am 25 year old but when I do sex with my wife I fill very week and I can not do sex nicely so what can do for it.
I am feeling little bit pain in my left chest particularly during night time after 9 pm approximately 3 times in a month but only for few seconds, then I feel normal. I guess may be due to cholesterol high it's occurring. I don't hv high bp or sugar. But I am wondering what can be the cause. Please provide your valuable advice on this. Do I need to do some checkup? Do I need to leave non veg food?
I have sinusitis. I have extreme difficulty in breathing specially during winters and pain in my nose. I have to breath through my mouth many a times. I get regular headaches and body ache and I feel lethargic and drowsy always. Have tried a lot of medications - allopathy as well as ayurvedic, but never got a permanent solution. I use otrivin 2 times a day. I have heard that sinus can be operated. Does it give a permanent solution to all the problems and is it recommendable? What is done in a sinus operation?
Near By Clinics
AyurvedaChromepet, Chennai, Chennai