Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Restenosis
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for K.F HospitalYour feedback matters!
Bowel movement is one of the most important clues about an individual’s health, as it gives a real idea of the gastrointestinal condition as well as overall health. One shall have to get familiar with the regular appearance of stool to spot the issues beforehand; however, the day to day alterations in the appearance does not mean that there is a problem with your health as one may notice short-term abnormalities based on what he or she is eating every day.
But in case an unexplained change lasts for over a week or so, it is a sign of some strange happening in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Hard pieces of faeces that are hard to pass: If the bowel movement is straining to pass, then the individual is constipated. Some people think that they are not suffering from constipation, but their stool is always hard and comes out in pieces rather than soft stool that passes out effortlessly. The most common reason behind such stool is a lack of fibre in the diet. According to general recommendations, an adult male must take at least 38 grams of fibre while an adult female must take about 25 grams of fibre. It is recommended to maintain a food journal to track the daily nutrients intake, and in case there is a lack of fibre in the diet, it can be stacked up with whole grains, fruits, beans and nuts.
- Black or bright red coloured poop: If the stool has a deep red appearance, it would indicate that a part of the bowel is bleeding. In most circumstances, the blood in the stool is caused by the benign haemorrhoids, but it could also be due to some ulcers in the colon or stomach or even cancer. That is why it is extremely crucial to bring it to the doctor’s notice. There are different types of over-the-counter medications which turn the stool into black colour. This sort of discolouration is entirely temporary and may stay along for a few days even after stopping the medicine.
- A loose stool which is not diarrhoea: Loose stool but not diarrhoea may mean that the individual is suffering from celiac disease. Although the illness is quite uncommon, most people who suffer from it are not aware of the condition. The appearance of the stool is the largest and most reliable signs of having celiac disease. Individuals affected with celiac disease are not able to tolerate gluten, and it destroys the villi in the lining of the small intestine. As a result, the nutrients are unabsorbed, and the stool becomes loose. Switching to a gluten-free diet for about 2 to 3 weeks can aid in alleviating the disease.
If the appearance of the stool remains abnormal for weeks together, it is important to talk to a doctor to find out if there is something serious underlying. Bowel movement is the truest sign of the intestinal health, and thus, should not be ignored.
Swollen ankles are very common among older people. Sometimes even young people suffer from this disease. There can be many possible reasons for swollen ankles. Some of the main and most relevant causes for swollen ankles are as follows:
- Injury on ankle
- Sprained ankle
- Venous insufficiency
- Lymph edema
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Some medications, including calcium channel blockers, steroids or even antidepressants
Homeopathic treatment for swollen ankles
The main treatment for swollen ankles actually requires a great deal of investigation in the field of homeopathic genre. Each and every case is investigated thoroughly and also analysed to a huge depth before prescribing any kind of homeopathic medication. The swollen ankles which are caused due to injury, sprain and arthritis can be independently handled by a homeopathic treatment. But in case of any other serious organ injury, homeopathic medicines are mainly used for treatment along with other kinds of advanced medications. Homeopathic medication should be considered only after consulting a good physician. Self-medication must be strictly avoided.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for treating swollen ankles include the following:
- Apis Mellifica and Apocynum: Apis Mellifica and Apocynum are considered to be the best medicines for dropsical swollen ankles, also referred to as edema. Here the swelling is caused due to excess water retention or even due to water accumulation in the tissues.
- Ledum Pal: If you are experiencing swollen ankles due to arthritis, Ledum Pal is your go-to homeopathic medicine. In such cases, the affected person usually experiences painful and hot swollen ankles.
- Arnica: Another medicine of all times, especially for swollen ankles, is Arnica. It is the most effective medicine for swollen ankles caused due to an injury. Arnica works in a wondrous way to reduce the pain and the swelling of the ankles from injury which are bruised and feel sore to touch.
- Ruta: Ruta is primarily prescribed for swollen ankles resulting from sprain. A sprain is defined as the overstretching of the ligaments, mainly in the area of joints.
- Hamamelis: This homeopathic medicine, which is highly effective in treating swollen ankles, primarily caused due to varicose veins or venous insufficiency, is Hamamelis. It is the best rated medicine among its category.
If you are suffering from a swollen ankle, neither be indifferent it to, nor delay its treatment for long. It is recommended that you consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner to get the best medicine for your condition.
Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints. Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
Some of these ailing superfoods for arthritis are:
- Leafy greens: Green, leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cabbage and lettuce have a high content of antioxidants, calcium and magnesium which help in neutralizing the negative charges in the body. In case of arthritis, it prevents the further progression of the disease. 5 servings of steamed vegetables per day can work wonders for your joint pain.
- Fishes: Fish, especially oily fish goes a long way in reducing joint pain and stiffness. They are highly rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which contain anti - inflammatory properties. 2 to 4 portions of oily fish per week can have an impact on you for many years to come.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains mono - saturated fats and antioxidants, which have anti - inflammatory properties. Increase in the intake of olive oil can reduce risks of rheumatoid arthritis and prevent associated conditions. It can be used as both raw oil in preparing salads and also as cooking oil.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. As true as it may be, among many other nutrients, apples are a rich source of antioxidants and magnesium which are beneficial for the bones. A daily intake of 100g of apples eaten as a sole snack, or mixed with salads would in the long run prevent the risks of arthritis.
- Onions: Onions apart from fostering good digestion is also loaded with quercetin which is a bioflavonoid antioxidant that suppresses inflammation. It effectively removes the free radicals within arthritis joints and also reduces the release of protein- destroying enzymes. It can be consumed raw, can be served as a sauce and can also be used for cooking.Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints.
Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
Exercises for Sciatic pain from Piriformis Syndrome
Sciatica is a symptom. It consists of leg pain, which might feel like a bad leg cramp, or it can be excruciating, shooting pain that makes standing or sitting nearly impossible.
The pain might be worse when you sit, sneeze, or cough. Sciatica can occur suddenly or it can develop gradually.
- Pain in the rear or leg that is worse when sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often, the pain extends from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg. Depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected, the pain may also extend to the foot or toes.
For some people, the pain from sciatica can be severe and debilitating might include the inability to bend your knee or move your foot and toes.. For others, the sciatica pain might be infrequent and irritating, but has the potential to get worse.
Causes of Sciatic Pain:
- Slipped Disc: In majority of cases sciatica is caused by a herniated or "slipped" disc. This is when one of the discs that sit between the bones of the spine (the vertebrae) is damaged and presses on the nerves.
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips forward over another one)
- Other causes include spinal stenosis (narrowing of the nerve passages in the spine), a spinal injury or infection, or a growth within the spine (such as a tumor).
- Other things that may make your back pain worse include being overweight, not exercising regularly, wearing high heels, or sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.
- Piriformis Syndrome: It is referred as neuritis of branches of the sciatic nerve caused by pressure of an injured or irritated piriformis muscle. Symptoms associated with piriformis syndrome typically consist of buttock pain that radiates into the hip, posterior aspect of the thigh, and the proximal portion of the lower leg.
- Piriformis syndrome typically does not result in neurological deficits such as decreased deep tendon reflexes and myotomal weakness.
Sciatica is diagnosed with a medical history and physical exam. Sometimes X-rays and other tests such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are done to help find the cause of the sciatica.
- X-ray- to look for fractures in the spine
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT) scan - to create images of the structures of the back
- Nerve conduction velocity studies/electromyography - to examine how well electrical impulses travel through the sciatic nerve
- Myelogram using dye injected between the vertebrae - to determine if a vertebra or disc is causing the pain
Primary treatment consists of self-care and non-surgical strategies. The aim is to correct the underlying problem, restore function and prevent re-occurrence.
- Self-Care: Sciatica may resolve with rest, ice or heat, massage, pain relievers and gentle stretches. Muscle inflammation and pain can be reduced by application of an icepack for 20 minutes several times a day during the initial 2-3 days. Thereafter a hot pad may be applied to relax muscles. If the self-care exercises aren’t working within the first couple of days you must consult your doctor.
- Medication: Over the counter Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can bring pain relief. Muscle relaxants may be prescribed for spasms.
- Physiotherapy: A normal schedule is recommended physical therapy can help you return to full activity as soon as possible and prevent re-injury. Physiotherapists will show you proper lifting techniques / postures, walking techniques, exercises to stretch and strengthen your back muscles.
- Massage, ultrasound, diathermy, heat and traction may also be recommended for some time.
What Is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes scaling and inflammation (pain, swelling, heat, and redness). Skin cells grow deep in the skin and slowly rise to the surface. This process is called cell turnover, and it takes about a month. With psoriasis, it can happen in just a few days because the cells rise too fast and pile up on the surface.
Most psoriasis causes patches of thick, red skin with silvery scales. These patches can itch or feel sore. They are often found on the elbows, knees, other parts of the legs, scalp, lower back, face, palms, and soles of the feet. But they can show up other places such as fingernails, toenails, genitals, and inside the mouth.
- Who gets Psoriasis?
- What causes Psoriasis?
- How is Psoriasis diagnosed?
- How is Psoriasis treated?
Who Gets Psoriasis?
Anyone can get psoriasis, but it occurs more often in adults. In many cases, there is a family history of psoriasis. Certain genes have been linked to the disease. Men and women get psoriasis at about the same rate.
What Causes Psoriasis?
Psoriasis begins in the immune system, mainly with a type of white blood cell called a T cell. T cells help protect the body against infection and disease. With psoriasis, T cells are put into action by mistake. They become so active that they set off other immune responses. This leads to swelling and fast turnover of skin cells. People with psoriasis may notice that sometimes the skin gets better and sometimes it gets worse. Things that can cause the skin to get worse include:
- Changes in weather that dry the skin
- Certain medicines.
How Is Psoriasis Diagnosed?
Psoriasis can be hard to diagnose because it can look like other skin diseases. The doctor might need to look at a small skin sample under a microscope.For appointments call 9004839333.Clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra in Mumbai.
How Is Psoriasis Treated?
Treatment depends on:
- How serious the disease is
- The size of the psoriasis patches
- The type of psoriasis
- How the patient reacts to certain treatments
Since last four months I am feeling & suffering from sleep less. But I have no eye pains, head ache and body uneasy. Eating good .but I have a doubt I am sleeping or not?
My father is suffering from cerebral sinus thrombosis. They have blood clots in superior superior sagittal sinus & right transverse sinus. 15 days ago, they came across stroke, after stroke we had hospitalized them. Doctor gave him treatment of LMWH & now he is on xarelto for min. 2 years. Doctor said he have deficiency of protein C & S. And told us to check clotting status after 3 months. Now he is able to walk ,speak, and do all other activity as earlier. But still I need second opinion. Is possible to get reed of this clotting through operation or current treatment of Anti coagulation is right for them. Please suggest some specialist.
My foreskin is stuck at the bottom of head of the pennis and it's not coming back to its original place. What should I do.
Sir mujhe bahut zyada nind aati hai. Aisa kyu hai mujhe koi tarika bataye. Or meri memory bhi week hoti jaa rahi h. Koi tarika bataye.
I am 27 years old female. I am getting blood in my urine n my stools. I dun knw whats happening. Could you please help me with it.
I had a habit of daily masturbation but after a period of time I realized that it's not good for my health and I stopped there my habit of daily masturbation but my sperm count became watery and low in concentration, so can this be make q problem with my wife's pregnancy or with my future married life?
I am a girl of age 23. My Vitamin D level is too low its count to and my body is 8 times heater body than normal person body. Will I able to get pregnant. My colleague having same Vitamin deficiency her doctor told can't to get pregnant. So please tell your views.
Hello doctor, me last two week se stomach vacuum exercise kar rahi hu or lagbhg kabhi se mere pet kharab chal raha he, me morning ka jo bhi first meal leti hu mujhe loos motion ho jata he but ek do hi jana padta he fir lunch tak think ho jata he pet. Please tall me mem ki stomach vacuum exercise me aisa hota he ya fir koi problem he. Please reply me soon.
Food habit n home made ingredients to help in dealing with constipation in order to help have better metabolism. And healthy life.
Mene ek anjaan girl se sex kar liya bina protection ke, 8 day after my penis ke andar tej jalan wala dard hone laga at the time ,mene a dermatologist ko dikhaya after 1 month test HIV and vdrl negative nikla after 3 month HIV and vdrl negative hai, after 5 month hsv-2 negative ,vdrl negative, HIV negative, mene kayi Dr. ko dikhaya par jalan kam to ho gayi par Jo infaction hai WO puri tarah nahi ja raha hai kon sa infaction hai ye bhi pata nahi chal raha urine me smell aati hai smell bhi khatm nahi hui mujhe kya ho sakta hai and headche.
I have masturbation so many times in past 8 years now I am getting urine sensation at the time of masturbation I am Unmarried one of my testosterone ball slightly down than other one my pennies size slight bent. Is there any problem in future with my spouse by this problem or any effects to sperm count? Please give me useful information.
Patients having chronic nasal problems along with sinusitis often complains of headache.
They most of the time describe the headache as throbbing pain in the cheek bones, over nasal bridge and over the forehead. Which sometimes exacerbates after sudden change in position or straining.
These headaches can be confused with the migraine and hence complete examination and determining the cause of headache is very necessary.
Now what exactly leads to sinus headache. It is the sinus infection or the nasal infection or the allergy leading to congestion in the nose and the draining pathways of the sinuses causing accumulation of the fluid. This fluid in turn causes pressure and inflammation of sinuses, leading to headache.
Sometimes this fluid can get secondarily infected and then patient may experience fever, body pain etc.
Treatment for this headache is just relieve the congestion of nose and form a patent channel for the sinus fluid to drain.
This will include medications like antibiotics, antihistamines, decongestant, nasal local decongestants. Steroid sprays etc. The treatment is tailor made according to the symptoms.
Home remedies include inhaling the steam.
The bottom line is to differentiate the headache cause complete examination and sometimes investigations like ctscan or x-rays are also required and hence we should get ourselves completely evaluated and then start the medication.