Submit a review for Hindu Mission Health servicesYour feedback matters!
I am 67 year old lady, knee replacement for both leg done 4 years back. My weight 70 kg at present. On suggestion of local doctor thyroid test done, but it's normal. Doing exercise daily. How to manage my weight please suggest.
My mother 86 years (45 Kg. 4 Ft Ht) having BP and diabetes, Alzhmier. She is given 1 tablet each for BP, diabetes and one for anxiety to take rest. She remembers all old incidents and thinks it is still continuing e.g. Her father passed away 30 years ago, but she thinks her father is still there alone, and she wants to go to village to help him etc. But she does not remember recent happenings, including morning tiffen, who came and met her and went, bathroom doors etc. Even though we tell her the correct thing, she accepts it at the moment, but forgets again. She remembers all 5 of us at home and few close relatives. She thinks still she is only cooking and taking care of all of us in food, cloth etc. And her grandson is 14 years, she consider him as a very small boy of 3-4 years like. We are also giving her age Gandha half spoon alternate days, Brahmi leaf juice (ondelaga, GotuKola), Ground Badam, Melon seeds and she consumes coconut oil with food 2 days in a week and Vitamin D capsule one in a month, Flax Seed powder is also given once a week. Any possibility to make her reduce loss of memory or at last maintain as it is without further loosing memory etc. Pl help.
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
What is Sleep paralysis? What are the causes and symptoms of this? Is there any bad effect of it on our body? Please tell in detail.
Sir, I am 28 years old. Mere eight months pehle face pr paralisis hua tha. Ab thik h.lkn ab m jb jyada pdai krta hu ya jayda sochne lgta hu tho mere sir ki nurves m (kaan k uper) halka halka dard hota h.sir/mam please help me what should I do?
Sir mera ko fever sardard jukam khansi kamar dard ha or saria me lal chakasa jaisa ha kya yeh sabi hiv ka symptoms ha 64 days phela sex kiya tha.
I'm 24 years old from hyderabad and I am suffering from cold and muscle pains. Is there a chance that I'm might be prone to swine flu. Cause I'm suspecting it & so I just wanna be safe. Thank you.
One thing that a weather change brings about is lung infections - most commonly cough and cold. Most people dread the change of seasons from one temperature to another because of the fear of how their body will react to the weather change. Be it extreme hot or cold, most people end up with a cough and cold. The more affected age groups again are the children and the elderly. However, all it takes to prevent this is to plan a little so that the body can get used to the change and not react with a cough or cold.
Prevention: There are few things that can be done which can help avoid catching cold.
- Avoid sudden exposure to cold, from a heated room to the cold outdoors, especially in the evening and morning. Those who are used to a morning and evening walk may have to change the routine.
- Avoid cold food items such as cool drinks, milk shakes and ice-creams.
- Having a warm bath, early morning and late evening is advisable.
- Avoid foods such as sour stuffs, pickles and fried foods.
- Eat small, frequent meals that are prepared fresh are nutritious and of moderate temperature.
- If there are infected people in your neighborhood, avoid being in close contact with them as you might get infected as well.
- Wash your hands enough to keep them free of germs
- As much as cold weather does not make you thirsty, push enough fluids so that your body stays hydrated. If water is not appealing enough, drink warm water or tea or lime.
- Ensure the house, especially kitchen and bathroom are clean and disinfected.
- Avoid exposure to dust and pollen as they carry lot of germs.
- Avoid staying in a poorly ventilated room, enough circulation ensures germs are not concentrated in one room
- Timely vaccination against flu
Treatment: Despite these measures, once the cough and cold has set in, the following are some easy remedies:
- Steam inhalation, preferably with eucalyptus oil added to it.
- Having warm soup with ginger and garlic added to it to soothe the throat
- Ginger and other spices like cardamom and cinnamon can also be added to tea.
- Lemon and honey can be added to a glass of warm water. This will soothe the throat and help fight cold.
- Chewing Tulsi leaves can be beneficial
- Yoga exercises such as Pranayama and Jalneti can be done to cleanse the nasal cavity, prevent sinus congestion, and clear mucus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.