Doctor in Gokulam Child Development and Rehab Services
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Gokulam Child Development and Rehab ServicesYour feedback matters!
In general, anterior cruciate ligament injuries, or ACL injuries, are understood to be tears in any of the several knee ligaments joining the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone. This can vary from minor injuries, such as small ligament tears, to more serious cases, like complete tears or when the ligament and one of the bones gets displaced from the other. These injuries usually occur during sports activities, like soccer, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, etc. An untreated ACL injury can lead to a condition called an ACL deficiency. This can cause a lot of problems with regard to knee movements as the bones may rub against each other, causing a lot of pain. In some cases, the cartilage covering the ends of the bones may get damaged, eventually tearing and trapping the cushion pads supporting the knee joints.
Signs and symptoms of anterior cruciate ligament may include:
1. You are unable to move properly.
2. You experience immense pain while walking up and down stairs.
3. You are unable to engage much in physical activities.
4. Your knee begins to swell gradually.
5. You can sense a loud popping sensation when moving your knee.
6. You experience feelings of instability.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries generally occur during :sports. Here are some common possible instances that might happen during a game :
1. Sudden arrest in motion
2. An unsteady landing from a jump
3. Direct blows to the knee from tackles
4. Sudden shifts in direction
Treatment of ACL injuries normally involves the following:
1. Immediate medical attention along with intense first aid care
2. Sincere adherence to the R.I.C.E model of self care -
- Rest: proper rest for a couple of weeks or months depending upon the severity of the injury
- Ice: using ice packs to help cool the nerves
- Compression: ice treatment further helps in compression
- Elevation: when lying down in bed, it is strongly recommended that you keep your affected leg at a slightly higher position, through the use of pillows or cushions
3. Success rehabilitative therapy for several weeks
4. Anterior cruciate ligament surgery or reconstruction
Sir, I am 35 years Male with sitting n driving job. I have noticed that from last 2 years my back has become stiff and at a particular point a needle Like pain is felt. It makes cracking sound whenever I twist. Just like cracking of finger joints sound. Please suggest remedy. Thanks.
Sir when I am start a running after 2-3 week my leg is always pain when I am running continue So sir how can we relief this pain.
Ayurvedic treatment on CervicaI Spondylosis -
This is a disorder in which the discs vertebrae in the neck degenerate and so has a pulling pressure on the spinal cord in the neck.
Causes of CervicaI Spondylosis-
1) With aging, the bone of the spine overgrows and narrows the spinal canal in the neck. As a result, the spinal cord or the spinal nerve roots are compressed causing dysfunction.
2)Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis may also produce cervical pain and degeneration.
Symptoms of CervicaI Spondylosis-
1)Cervical degeneration is commonly seen after thirty years of age.
2)The characteristic clinical features are shooting pain and weakness.
3) Leg movements may become jerky or spastic in advanced stages.
Treatment principle according to Ayurveda-
- Joints are the seat of Kapha
- It is a vata kapha problem.
- The treatment management differs in acute cervical prolapse (avarana) and in degeneration (dhatu ksaya)
- Ousada gala -night (Urdva jatru vikaresu nisi)
I am 69 ys old suffering from ankle pain vein pain in the backside of ankle .can not walk and all time pain .walking problem was since last ten years but now get severe pain in the ankle area from and back. Please prescribe medication.in the past I have seen Ortho docs have eaten medicine like diclofenac, aceclofenac etc. Pl give some good medicine .I stay at Hooghly West Bengal. I do not have sugar. Ii take one omlidipime 5 mg of mankind everyday as per doctors advice.
Back pain is very common these days and can happen to anyone. The reasons for the same are also plenty, it could be because of infection of the spine, sleep disorders, bad mattress, awkward movement, lifting something, bad posture, standing for long and bending down to name a few. So, here are some things that might be increasing your risk of back pain:
- When you get older, the back pain starts to increase gradually.
- Poor physique. Back pain is highly common in people who are not fit.
- Being overweight or obese can increase your risk of getting back pain.
- Back pain can also be hereditary because of problems like ankylosing spondylitis that usually runs in generations.
- Some types of arthritis or cancer might also cause back pain.
- If you have a job that requires a lot of lifting, pushing or deals with a lot of bending or weights, chances are that you are more likely to have back pain.
Here are some causes that might be a reason behind that back pain:
- Broken disk
- Tense muscles
- Ruptured disk
- Injuries from sprains, fractures, accidents, and falls can result in back pain.
- Kidney stones
There will come a time when you will witness certain symptoms and you might need to see a doctor. These symptoms are as follows:
- Numbness or swelling
- Unbearable pain
- Problem urinating
- Weakness in the body
- High fever
- Weight loss without being on a diet
- Pain after you have had a minor fall or injury
Back pain can be diagnosed in many ways. To do the same, your doctor will take your medical history and also some physical tests. These tests include:
- X rays
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Blood tests.
The cause of your back pain might not be visible in these medical tests at times. A lot of times you will not even know why you are going through that back pain. It can also get better at times without undergoing any sort of treatment.
Here are a few domestic ways with which you can treat the back pain:
- Hot and cold packs: This is the most basic and most common treatment for many problems and injuries in your body. Be it any kind of pain, ice packs can help give a momentary relief.
- Exercise: The moment you stretch or exercise, you can feel the pain go away so you must understand how important exercising can be for problems like back and neck pain.
- Home remedies: Home remedies like ginger, turmeric and aloe Vera are natural stimulants and anti-oxidants. These help in pain relief as well. You can put them in your food or even your tea, depending upon your taste buds.
In case none of the remedies or solutions work, it is best to consult a doctor.
Not all people who suffer from Tennis Elbow have swung their racquets, and those who have never been affected by the problem will not be able to understand how severe the pain and discomfort can be. It is a debilitating condition that affects one’s normal lifestyle in both minor and major ways.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy is nowadays considered a promising treatment for consistent and chronic tendon problems including Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow. It is often conjugated with autologous blood injection which is a quick and minimally invasive process using the cells of the patients without any use of any drugs.
What is Tennis Elbow?
The human elbow is a joint comprising of three bones: humerus in the upper arm, ulna, and radius in the lower arm. Each part of the bone is covered with cartilage that facilitates free movements of the bones. Tennis elbow occurs at times when the epicondyle layer on the elbow joint become inflamed or torn.
Understanding platelet-rich plasma therapy
PRP is a non-surgical, in-office treatment which starts withdrawing a little amount of blood. The blood is then spun in a centrifuge for concentrating the platelets in the place. This process also segregates the red and white blood cells. Then the platelets together with some amount of plasma are injected into the body in the affected region which has some injury and is not able to heal properly.
When a person is affected with Tennis Elbow, the platelet-rich plasma is injected into the Flexor Origin present on the medial side of the wrist extensor tendon origin at the lateral epicondyle. The doctor may need to jab the needle in different places.
Why is PRP suitable for Tennis Elbow?
The primary objective of using platelet-rich plasma therapy is utilizing the cells and protein of the body along with specific healing factors that can stimulate and jumpstart the process of healing in the tendons. To begin the healing process that has either stalled or could not be completed or has never started, the PRP is the best means. The first step of beginning the healing process is dealing with the inflammation. Experts are fascinated at the way in which the platelet rich plasma can replace the conventional anti-inflammatory medical treatments of Tennis Elbow.
The arrival of platelet-rich plasma has caused the corticosteroid shots to lose their popularity. Because, though they can relieve acute pain for a short span of time, they do not promote healing and may also cause further breakdown of the affected area.
PRP therapy is known for improving the natural healing process of the body. It has ignorable side effects, and the best part is that it is minimally invasive. Since Tennis Elbow is becoming more common these days, it needs to be treated in ways that would be able to complement one's situation and restore normal functionality.
Joint Stiffness is a feeling that the movement of a particular joint is getting restricted. The stiffness is generally accompanied by pain and occurs mainly due to arthritis or as a result of an injury to joint. Appropriate and regular exercises can help reduce stiffness and pain, increase flexibility, improve endurance, develop muscle strength and keep bone and cartilage in healthy condition.
Let us see what physiotherapy is all about how it can be helpful in treating joint stiffness.
One of the allied health professions is physiotherapy, which by using mechanical force and movements, exercise therapy and electrotherapy, acts as a remedy for impairments and promotes a person’s mobility and joint function. The kind of physical therapy treatment which people receive for their joint stiffness mainly depends on the exact cause for the condition and other symptoms such as pain and inflammation.
Procedure for treating joint stiffness through physiotherapy
When you go for physiotherapy, the first thing a physical therapist would do is to ask you about the exact condition with respect to the symptoms, which you might be experiencing along with the joint stiffness. You should clearly state to the physiotherapist since when have you been experiencing stiffness. The very next thing which a therapist would ask is, your medical history, if you have been suffering from arthritis.
After all the preliminary diagnosis through the question-answer session, the physiotherapist would conduct a thorough physical examination and look to evaluate the joint and other structures associated with it to find out what exactly is causing joint stiffness and other symptoms like, pain, inflammation etc.
Now, after the completion of his questioning and physical examination, the comprehensive physical therapy treatment plan would be prepared as per the exact of your stiffness, symptoms and your needs.
First, by determining the exact cause of joint pain and then treating it with highly effective therapies, physiotherapy acts as a preventive mechanism for reducing joint stiffness and the pain associated with it.
The treatment options which physiotherapists generally go for are as follows:
- Manual therapy: This manual therapy generally involves soft tissue and joint mobilization to provide relief from joint restriction and muscle tension.
- Soft Tissue Massage: Soft tissue massage involves therapists only using their hands o reduce back muscle tension and restore mobility to stiff joints, as an effort to allow patient more flexibility.
- Acupuncture: The physical therapy of acupuncture helps in restoring the balance of energy in the body and thus provides relief from pain, inflammation and proceeds with the healing process. This is done through single use fine needles, which are used at different ‘trigger’ points on the body, as per your symptoms, thus helping to stimulate the flow of energy.
- Ultrasound: While conducting an ultrasound, physiotherapist uses a transducer to send a stream of high-frequency sound waves into one’s body. These waves bounce off one’s organs, muscles and tissues.
- Exercises: Physiotherapist would instruct you to do some stretching exercises where you would require moving your limbs without support and muscle strengthening exercises which would make you kneel, stand and sit to maintain your own balance.