Doctor in Gokulam, Child Development and Rehab Services
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Gokulam, Child Development and Rehab ServicesYour feedback matters!
This condition occurs when a part of the intestine moves into the abdominal region. It can enter the abdominal muscles when there is a weak spot in this region. Even though this is not a serious condition in many cases, it causes a lot of pain especially when you are involved in strenuous activity. Even small bending or coughing can cause pain in many cases. Going for a surgery is the best option as it can cure the problem completely.
Types of Inguinal Hernia
- Direct Inguinal Hernia: This happens usually to adults and the chances increases as they age. The main reason for this condition in old age is the weakness in the abdominal region. It is common at this stage and it can get complicated with obesity and other illness. Most adults suffering from inguinal hernia have this type of condition and it can be easily cured with the help of surgery.
- Indirect Inguinal Hernia: This is prevalent more among children and you will notice it usually in the case of the premature birth of the baby. The inguinal canal sometimes gets closed in this situation and it leads to hernia. Some people will have this tendency and they may develop this condition even after many years as they get old and it is commonly found in males.
- Incarcerated Inguinal Hernia: Sometimes, the tissue can get stuck in the groin region and cause a lot of pain and lead to this condition. It cannot be pushed inside as with the normal case and surgery is the only option left to handle this condition.
- Strangulated Inguinal Hernia: When the hernia is very severe, it can get strangulated and blood supply to the intestine can get cut off completely leading to various complications. In this situation, emergency surgery is needed to control the condition.
Symptoms of Inguinal Hernia
- It is very common to see a bulge near the pubic bone region. This will be clearly visible when the person is standing and doctors can easily notice them when the patient is coughing.
- It can be painful in most conditions and some people even experience a burning sensation in the pubic region.
- Patients suffering from Inguinal hernia always have a lot of pain when they are bending or lifting heavy objects that put a strain on the groin region.
- The groin region will also have constant pressure due to the bulging of intestine muscles and it feels heavy most of the time.
- In some cases, people may also experience pain around the testicles and it can also swell when the size of the hernia is big.
- Even children can get affected with this condition and you need to watch out for the symptoms carefully in very young children. It will be obvious when they are crying or having bowel movements and you should immediately approach your doctors about the bulging muscles in the groin region.
Causes of Inguinal Hernia
- Some people naturally have a weak abdominal region and this can easily affect them in the future. These people are more prone to getting hernia in future.
- Apart from that, increased pressure in the abdominal region can also lead to this condition in the long run. This usually happens when people strain too much during bowel movements or urination.
- When the additional pressure is felt on the weak spot in the abdominal region, it can easily give away and the muscles will allow the intestine to get inside and cause complications.
- When you are involved in the sudden strenuous activity, the abdominal wall can give in to the pressure and cause hernia.
- In some cases, women tend to get hernia during pregnancy as the abdominal muscles will be very weak during this stage.
- Apart from that, people suffering from a chronic cough are likely to develop hernia when they have a weak abdominal wall.
- In many people, the risk of getting inguinal hernia increases with age as the abdominal muscles lose their strength in this stage.
- This is also common in people who have undergone abdominal surgery in the past and the muscles will be under pressure in this situation.
- Along with these factors, family history also plays a major role and the chances of getting inguinal hernia increases by a huge margin when someone in your family has this problem.
- For some reasons, men are more likely to develop hernia than women. The problem can also occur due to excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. Excessive drinking can lead to constipation in some cases and this puts pressure on the abdominal wall while having bowel movements.
- When you are overweight, the abdominal muscles will lose strength and you are likely to develop hernia at a later stage in life.
Diagnosis of Inguinal Hernia
- Physical examination: When you are experiencing pain in the groin region, you should never neglect the issue and always approach your doctor. It can be easily detected by way of physical examination in most cases. The area bugles out when you are coughing and this gives a clear indication about the hernia. If it pushes back to its original position when you are lying down, it is not severe and further tests are needed to ascertain the condition. When the pain is severe and the hernia cannot be pushed back, you need to be concerned as this is an emergency situation and immediate surgery may be required as it can cut off the blood supply to the intestine when it is not treated in time.
- Imaging Tests: In some cases, the symptoms may not be very severe and imaging tests like an MRI test, an Ultrasound scan may be required to analyze the condition. This gives a clear idea about the condition of hernia and helps doctors take the next step towards curing the problem. In most cases, surgery will give long-term relief from the problem and this is the only solution for many patients.
Prevention of Inguinal Hernia
- It may not be possible to prevent hernia completely when you have genetic factors that make you prone to getting this condition. However, by following these guidelines, you can certainly decrease the chances of getting inguinal hernia by a huge margin.
- Control your weight and have a simple exercise regime. This will help you to lose excess weight and remember that obesity increases the chances of getting hernia in future. Apart from that, regular exercise will ensure that your abdominal muscles will be strong and this will avoid the inguinal hernia condition in the future.
- Make sure that you have a healthy diet that can be easily digested and this will put less pressure on the abdominal region. You will notice that eating foods rich in fiber will help you to digest them easily and this avoids constipation. In this way, there is no need to exert too much pressure during bowel movements and you will reduce your chances of getting hernia. It is a good idea to eat lots of fruits and vegetables as they contain natural fiber that aids in digestion.
- When you are involved in strenuous activities, always make it a point to use your knees to the maximum so that it will reduce the pressure on the abdomen region. You can even use some supporting belt around the waist and this will help you to easily lift the weights during your workout session. If possible, try to avoid lifting heavy objects when you are prone to getting inguinal hernia.
- Chronic smoking and alcohol consumption affects digestion and it will also put more pressure on the abdominal region due to excessive coughing. In this way, your vital organs have to work harder to process the food materials and this may lead to weak abdomen muscles in the future.
Treatment for Inguinal Hernia
- Open Hernia Treatment: This method is used in most cases and the groin area is opened through surgery and the hernia is pushed back to its place. After this is done, a synthetic mesh known as hernioplasty is used to cover the weak area and it is stitched properly in this place. The weak opening which led to hernia in the first place is also closed and this completes the treatment for inguinal hernia. A few weeks of rest may be advised by the doctors and you should avoid strenuous activities in this period.
- Laparoscopy Treatment: This procedure is slightly advanced and it involves making a tiny hole in the abdominal region to access the affected area. The surgeon inserts the tube that contains a camera to perform the operation and the weak area is closed properly using this method. This leaves very fewer scars unlike the other procedure and you will not face too much discomfort during the operation. It is also possible to get back to work earlier with this procedure.
Complications of Inguinal Hernia
- Strangulation is the biggest complication of inguinal hernia and this condition happens when the blood supply gets cut off completely. It can even lead to fatal consequences when treatment is not provided at the right time. You need to get timely treatment and surgery is the only option to treat this condition.
- When the hernia is trapped in the abdominal wall, it leads to this condition and it can create many complications. The bowel movement can get severely affected and in extreme cases, it can even get blocked completely leading to various issues. You need to go for a surgery immediately at this stage to avoid further complications.
- When hernia is not treated at the right time, it can expand and create other complications in the surrounding areas. A large hernia is usually painful and it leads to swelling that causes a lot of discomforts. In some cases, patients are not able to stand for a long time as the pressure gets too much in this position. They need to lie down for many hours to get relief from this pain. However, surgery can treat this condition effectively and you will get complete relief from pain in the long run.
Myths about Inguinal Hernia
Myths #1: Lifting heavy weights causes hernia:
This is completely false and lifting heavy weights will not cause inguinal hernia. However, when you already have hernia, it increases the severity and leads to complications when you lift heavy weights on a regular basis. If you are a healthy person without any symptoms of hernia, you can easily lift weights without worrying about this condition.
Myths #2: Women do not get hernia:
It is a myth that only men get hernia as it can even affect women and children. However, the majority of patients are male and only a few women get affected due to inguinal hernia. For this reason, you should not assume that women are immune to this condition and even they can develop hernia, especially in old age.
Myths #3: Hernia cannot reappear:
Many people believe that once you get treated for hernia, it will not reappear and you will be completely immune to this condition. However, this is completely false and hernia can again come back within a few years depending on the overall health condition of the patient. Apart from that, the lifestyle and diet of the patient play a major role in the reappearance of hernia in the future. People who had hernia in childhood are more likely to get it again in old age.
If you notice any pain in the groin area, you should check out if there is any swelling in that region. Remember that it will be more obvious when you are in an upright position and try to cough few times to notice any bulge in that area. When you notice such symptoms and if you feel pain when coughing, you should be aware that it is a symptom of hernia and immediately approach your doctor. Remember that when the hernia gets strangulated, immediate surgery needs to be performed as it can block the blood supply to the intestine and lead to the fatal situation. However, with proper surgery, you can get long-term relief from the problem and maintain a healthy lifestyle will ensure that you will not face such issues in the future.
I am 31 years old, male,suffering from neck pain radiating to shoulders and arms for 5 years, neck swelling and stiffness occur, weakness,numbness and tingling in shoulders, arms and hands, lack of coordination in arms and hands. Please suggest medical help.
After long walk of 12 km experiencing a vivid and deep pain in left foot around ankle mostly upper part of foot and around heel. Unable to walk and press feet on floor. When messaging pain is less. Again the long and deep and unbearable pain is returning.
Hello Dr. Meri Mumy 42 years old he and weight 70 kg he, unko haddiyo me bhot dard rahta he bukhar jesa lgta he, right leg me naso me dard rehta he, homeopathic dawai jab take leti he thik rehti he or stop hote se hi fir whi halat ho jati he, please proper diet or treatment btaye.
My wife is suffering with pain in right ankle left side. During morning she is having pain when she put foot on floor 1st time. After some walking only she can manage this pain.
Dear sir, I am suffering from muscle stiffness and spasms on right side of my head since 3 months back. Due to this I am not able to concentrate on my work and always feel tired and fatigue. I feel difficult to hold my head upright and right side of neck muscles also feel tight and difficult to move head. What could be cause of my problem and also provide suitable treatment details.
One of my right leg finger joint pain. When in touch. I will reduce when no activity. But playing football will increase that. Now 1 month .any solution.
Respected doctor I am 36 year old I have pain in my right shoulder and in my right arm from last 2 months there is too much pain in my right arm that I took 2 to 3 pain killers Daily (nimodex )I also took mylamin and mylamin g Daily some doctors told me that this is cervical problem and some doctors told me that the nerves becomes weak sometimes my arm nerves becomes dead and I feel that my arm will become stop working from last week I also feel some pain in my left arm kindly suggest me what is this problem and the suitable treatment thanking you.
There are 27 bones in the human hand. An injury to any one of them or a disease that affects the bones, tendons, muscles or blood vessels in the hand, are the most likely causes for pain in the hand and tenderness.
Some of the most common conditions that cause hand pain are:
De Quervain's Tendinitis: Pain on and around the thumb is the characteristic sign of this condition. This pain may develop gradually or come on suddenly and can travel the length of the thumb and forearm. De Quervain's tendinitis is caused by the swelling of wrist tendons at the base of the thumb. Repetitive actions and overuse are the most common triggers for this condition.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: The symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome are felt mainly in the thumb, index finger and middle finger. This pain is often worse at night and is caused by the swelling of inflamed tendons at the base of the hand that puts pressure on the median nerve. This syndrome can make it very difficult for a person to grip objects.
Fractures: The fracture can cause extreme pain along with stiffness, swelling and loss of movement. A fracture refers to the breaking of a bone and can be of many types including simple fractures, complex fractures, comminuted fractures and compound fractures. The type of fracture dictates the type of treatment required. Spraining a muscle in the hand is another leading cause of pain in the hands.
Arthritis: This is one of the most common causes of pain in the hand that is related to ageing. Arthritis causes loss of cartilage that makes the movement of one bone against the other extremely painful. It may or may not also be accompanied by swelling. When it comes to the hand, arthritis affects the base of the thumb and middle or top joints of the fingers. Osteoarthritis may also cause bony nodules to be formed on the fingers.
- Trigger Finger: This condition is also known as stenosing tenosynovitis. This condition locks the fingers or thumb in a bent position. This condition is triggered by the flexor tendons getting irritated. These tendons control the movements of the thumb and fingers. As the tendon is inflamed, the sheath that surrounds the tendons may also thicken and nodules may form of the affected tendons. People suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, gout and diabetes are at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Arthritis is an inflammatory joint disorder of autoimmune starting point. In arthritis, the joints get to be painful, inflamed, swollen and warm with checked stiffness. Arthritis can be of different types like osteo arthritis, gout, sero negative arthritis, joints pain, back pain, cervical pain, sciatica, spondylosis,tennis elbow, etc. Over the long haul, other huge joints may likewise get influenced.
Homeopathy is a standout amongst the most prevalent all encompassing system of medicine. The determination of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms comparability by utilizing comprehensive approach. To the extent therapeutic medication is concerned, a few very much demonstrated medicines are accessible for homeopathic treatment of arthritis that can be chosen on the premise of cause, sensation, location, modalities and augmentation of the protests. For individualized remedy determination and treatment, the patient ought to counsel a qualified homeopathic doctor face to face.
Causes of arthritis
- Injury: It can harm to ligament, bone, and cartilage that eventually prompts to extreme pain.
- Obesity and propelled age: Both are extremely regular cause of arthritis.
- Infection: Any sort of infection to the joint may come about arthritis.
- Sprain: Due to sudden unnatural developments causes pain and additionally limitation of development of the joint.
- Overuse: Overuse of knee joint can cause bursitis which eventually prompts to extraordinary pain.
- Dislocation: Also causes serious arthritis.
- Different causes: Include Sickle cell disease, Sarcoidosis, Kawasaki disease, Lupus, bone tumors, Crohn's disease, bleeding disorders and so forth.
Will Homeopathy treat joint inflammation?
Homeopathic method of treatment is extremely powerful in treating rheumatoid arthritis. Homeopathic medicines treat rheumatoid arthritis by directing the overactive immune system. They decrease joint inflammation and symptoms including swelling, pain and stiffness of joints. Homeopathy offers an extensive variety of medicines for rheumatoid arthritis. However, there is nobody cure for all ills connected with this condition. The most fitting Homeopathic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis is chosen in light of an inside and out analysis of individual symptoms. Exceedingly successful Homeopathic medicines for rheumatoid arthritis are ActaeaSpicata, RhusTox, Causticum, Bryonia, Kalmia, Caulophyllum, Ledum pal, Guaiacum, Benzoic acid, Calcaria Carb.
The homeopathic treatment for arthritis has the capability of forever reestablishing the health of your joints. It merits finding a decent homeopath that will regard you as the individual you seem to be, instead of essentially "obtaining" a remedy from another person's experience.
Homeopathic medicines can cure all types of conditions from its root cause.