Doctor in Boston Brain and Spine Care
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Boston Brain and Spine CareYour feedback matters!
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time. The optic nerve is a bundle of millions of nerve fibres which carry visual impulse from the retina at the back of eye to the brain. The increased Eye pressure, called intraocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve and fasten the natural nerve fibre loss. Since nerve cells can't regenerate this damage is permanent and irreversible.
Without treatment, glaucoma can cause total permanent blindness within a few years. Because most people with glaucoma have no early symptoms or pain from this increased pressure, it is important to see your eye doctor regularly so that glaucoma can be diagnosed early and treated before significant functional visual loss occurs.
If you are over age 40 and have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have any risk factors, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
What Are the Symptoms of Glaucoma?
For most people, there are usually few or no symptoms of glaucoma. The first sign of glaucoma is often the loss of peripheral or side vision, which can go unnoticed until late in the disease. This is why glaucoma is often called the "Sneak Thief of Vision" or "Silent Thief of Eye Sight".
If you have any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical care:
- Seeing halos around lights
- Vision loss
- Redness in the eye
- Eye that looks hazy (particularly in infants)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
There are several risk factors, which may lead to glaucoma, such as
- Age of the individual
- Ethnicity- African, Caribbean, Hispanics and Asians are at higher risk
- Increased eye pressure or IOP History of glaucoma in family or relatives
- Presence of Myopia or Hyperopia
- Previous eye injuries
- Use of steroids- as injections, tablets, eye or ear drops or ointments or protein supplements for muscle building in gyms or inhalers
- Previous history of anemia
- Individuals conditions affecting blood flow like hypertension, diabetes or high blood sugar, migraine etc are also at risk.
The treatment for glaucoma relies on the nature and seriousness of every case. Generally, glaucoma cannot be totally cured, but it can be controlled. Eye drops, pills, laser strategies, and means of surgery are utilized to maintain and prevent further harm from happening. Talk to your eye doctor to find out if you are at risk of developing glaucoma.
Please remember, any one can have Glaucoma, without knowing about it! It runs in family, so if any of your relative has Glaucoma, please get yourselves checked. Use the drops as prescribed. Dont alter them on your own! Periodic Visual field analysis as well as Optic nerve assessment by OCT is essential, as vision lost can only be detected by them. This vision loss is permanent and cannot be restored back by any means.
Masturbation is rarely discussed, even amongst the closest of friends. Even though this is a normal part of human sexuality, society frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject. Let's take a look at a few of them.
Masturbation can damage the genitals
Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring.
It causes health problems
Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure.
It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
Masturbation does not reduce your sex drive or prevent you from having orgasms. Many people also claim that women get addicted to vibrators and cannot enjoy sex without them. However, there is no truth behind this.
Masturbation is akin to cheating
Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
It can cause blindness
Blindness is the most outrageous myth associated with self-induced orgasms. Till date, there has not been a medical case to prove it.
It causes infertility
Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
Only men masturbate
Men and women across the world masturbate.
Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate
Pleasuring yourself is normal and not affected by what you eat or do not eat.
It is only for young people
Men and women of all ages can enjoy self-induced orgasms. This does not have any adverse effects on your health.
Do you find it impossible to control the urge to urinate every now and then? If you feel the need to urinate more than 8 times a day, then it could be a health problem. Frequent urination is the medical term for this problem. The condition is not the same as urinary incontinence, where there is leakage of urine.
A number of habits can play a role in causing frequent urination. This includes drinking more fluids and consumption of caffeine-based beverages. However, the condition may also be a sign of an underlying kidney disorder.
Relation between frequent urination and kidney problems-
While frequent urination is itself not a serious problem, but it can be a symptom of kidney or ureter problems, urinary bladder problems, or diseases such as diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, or prostate gland problems.
Frequent urination is linked to a number of kidney problems such as:
Kidney infection (pyelonephritis) is a type of urinary tract infection (UTI) that normally starts in your urethra or bladder and travels to one or both of your kidneys. Frequent urination is often the most common symptom of pyelonephritis.
Sometimes, hard collections of salt and minerals get accumulated in the form of stones in your kidney(s). These may increase in size in a ureter or the bladder. When the stone passes down the ureter, you may have an urge to urinate frequently.
c. Renal hypertension
If you suffer from renal hypertension (high blood pressure) or fluid buildup in the kidney, then your doctor may prescribe you medications that are used to treat and flush out excess fluid from the body. These medications can have a diuretic effect and may lead to frequent urination.
Feeling the urge to pass urine can be a symptom of many different problems. But if you experience the condition along with other abnormal symptoms such as fever or pain in abdomen, then you should consult your doctor immediately.
Murdha taila (Application of oil on head) Siro abhyariga -
Application of oil on scalp, Siro pariseka or Siro dhara
- pouring oil over the scalp Siro pichu
- Putting a cloth soaked in oil over the head.
Shiro vasti / shiro dhara
- Retaining the oil on head for a specific period of time using a cap Siro abhyariga
-Oil is massaged over the head, in conditions like dry and itchy scalp, cervical spondylosis, tinnitus, migraine,etc.,
Common herbal oils for head massage made in our vishwavallabh ayurvedic clinic,Nashik are
Vata- Sarvangvathar oil, shirovathar oil
Pitta- Kshirabala oil, asana manjistadi oil.
Kapha- Nirgun. di oil, surasadi oil.
Headache is a symptom of many diseases.
Sometimes it is only a headache. There are four main types of headache.
2. Full forehead pain
3. The other part of the cardiovascular head is pain
4.Paused and stopped headache.
Mental labor, mental stress, physical labor, noise, cough, sexual disorders, indigestion Cholesterol, lack of tea during tea, loss of head, headache, tiredness in the head, headache in the next day after drinking alcohol, brain haemorrhage, cerebral knot, specimenitis, colds, fever, and symptoms of asthma Trichic dislocation of the discharge, etc.
I have first stage typhoid with UTI esr shows 50 passing little blood while urinating is it to worry as doc said could be urine infection but I have no pain or burning sensation while urinating. Pleas help.
If you thought that chest pain occurred only due to a heart-related issue like a heart attack, you are wrong. Chest pain is one of the most common reasons that people visit the emergency services and it can be caused due to problems with your heart, lungs and digestive system.
Chest pain can be due to either of these two main reasons:
Heart- related Issues
1. Heart attacks called myocardial infarctions are very common reasons for chest pains. During a heart attack, the blood supply that serves the heart with oxygen is cut off due to plaque build-up in heart arteries causing the death of heart muscles.
- Other reasons for heart attacks are blood clots or torn blood vessels.
- Not all people having a heart attack have symptoms. Usually, people report symptoms like chest pain, upper body pain, nausea, sweating, fatigue, and trouble breathing.
- A heart attack is a serious medical emergency for which immediate care is needed.
2. Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain that results from reduced blood flow to the heart. Low blood flow means your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen. The angina pain is often triggered by physical activity or emotional stress and feels like a vice squeezing your chest or a heavy weight on your chest. It can also spread from your chest to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and nausea and these normally last up to 15 minutes only.
3. Unstable angina which causes crushing chest pains suddenly and even when you are not doing anything strenuous is a medical emergency as it can lead to a heart attack. This usually shows that your heart, arteries are narrowing alarmingly.
4. Other heat-related reasons for chest pains are-
- Mitral valve narrowing or stenosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery disease
- Inflammation of heart muscles or pericardium and weakening of the heart muscles.
All of these are emergencies and need immediate medical attention to prevent a fatality.
Not Heart- related:
- Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. It causes inflammation in your lung’s air sacs and makes them full of pus which makes it difficult to breathe and causes chest pains, amongst other debilitating symptoms.
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of your bronchial tubes. It can be chronic or acute and it can cause a cough with mucus and chest pains.
- Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the lungs. It can go on to damage parts of your lung due to limited blood flow. Apart from this, it can also decrease oxygen levels in the blood and affect other organs.
It can be life-threatening due to permanent lung damage. The most common symptom of a pulmonary embolism is gradual or sudden shortness of breath.
There is also-
- bluish skin tone
- hest pain that extends into your arm, jaw, neck, and shoulder
2. Rib cage inflammation or Costochondritis is also known as Tietze’s syndrome. It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. Patients experience chest pain in the upper and middle rib area on either side of the body due to this. The pain can also radiate to the back or the abdomen, getting worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.
3. Food pipe disease or Esophagitis is any inflammation or irritation of the oesophagus, a tube that sends food from your throat down to your stomach.
GERD- This condition occurs when the stomach contents and acids back up into the oesophagus. This causes chest pain that can mimic a heart disease. There may also be oesophagal spasms due to GERD.
Antibodies are substances produced by your immune system to protect you from harmful invaders that can cause infections or make you ill.
The immune system produces antibodies when it comes into contact with allergens. Your immune system can recognise any allergen as threatening even if it’s not. As a result, your skin, airways, digestive system or sinus gets inflamed.
Allergies can vary greatly in severity—from mild irritations to anaphylaxis (a likely life-threatening emergency). Allergies are mostly incurable; however, there are various treatments available to alleviate allergy symptoms.
Common triggers of allergy include:
Airborne allergens, such as mould, dust mites, animal dander and pollen.
Insect bites, such as wasp stings or bee stings.
Medications, specifically penicillin-based antibiotics or penicillin.
Latex, or any allergen you touch, causes skin infections.
Symptoms of allergy depend on its type.
Symptoms of food allergy include:
An allergy caused by insect stings can manifest in symptoms such as:
A drug allergy can lead to symptoms such as:
Atopic dermatitis (skin allergy) symptoms include:
Peeling or flaky skin
Treatments of allergy include:
Avoiding Allergens: Your doctor can help you take necessary steps to recognise and avoid the allergens that trigger allergies. This is usually the most relevant step in the prevention of allergic reactions and reduction of symptoms.
Medicines to Lower Symptoms: Eye drops, nasal sprays or oral medications are commonly prescribed to reduce reactions and alleviate symptoms.
Immunotherapy: If the allergy is severe or other treatments fail to relieve symptoms, allergen immunotherapy is recommended. In this treatment, you get injected by a number of clarified allergen extracts over the years.
- Emergency Epinephrine: If your allergy is severe, your doctor will provide you with an emergency epinephrine shot that you can carry with you everywhere.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin Clevels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataractas a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreekseeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.