Language Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Therapy Oral Language
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Submit a review for Aural Speech & Hearning ClinicYour feedback matters!
I am 32, at times I feel stammer, like facing new people/environment, meeting, interview, etc. And I could not complete my words specifically, those words which require to use upper phrase, to raise tongue above, example: irr. Ra. Raa. Il. La. Etc. Appreciate your kind suggestion to resolve it quickly.
I am 45 years old I have throat problem and I can't able to speak means voice is not clear so please help me what I take medicine for dat.
This is in furterance to my earlier query regarding speech problem. Root canal was done on lower right side molar and premolar. It was done in last year June. But other dentist neurologists here did not agree with the anesthesia effect. It is almost 10 months. Any medication or exercise for it.
My 10 years old daughter is not yet able to pronounce ch, shhh mantra in Hindi her English is his but Hindi language is not much clear .What should b done .As she has improved a lot in 2 years as she realize that her pronunciation is not correct lot of improvement but still does speech therapy will help her. Nearby hospital r they his enough in this. Really bit worried as sometimes v don't understand why is she saying n she says specially if she says quickly. If she speaks slowly thn words r clear.
Problem started after root canal of 2 teeth. The numbness of lips tongue remained for over a week. The actual problem started after a month with slurred speech difficulty in chewing swollen. The tongue could noy be protrude out making difficult to take food. Brain MRI Facial nerve conduction whole body check up was done. Which were normal. Shown to neurologist. Ent specialist. No one could find exact nature of illness. But could not speak .&move the tongue freely. Otherwise physically and also mentally fit. No memory loss or difficulty in doing any physical activity. Recently after some physiotherapy near jaw where root canal was done able to open mouth. Taking felicita od ,qugress tablets. After taking brain stimulating medicines like setragress stoic plus for 4 months now stopped. Please suggest for regaining speech.
I am 45 years old female, Rama, I have a stammering problem and cannot speak on stage. Please help me with this. I have this problem since my childhood. Many words come to my mind but cannot talk in public.
I am suffering from a stammering problem so sir/mam please suggest me and give guide lines regarding this problem.
Doctor I have problem of stammering. I speak too fast and the other person can't understand what I am saying. When I try to speak slowly then I pronounce one word two or three times. And some times when I want to speak something my voice doesn't come out. I have this problem since childhood. How can I cure this problem? Please help me.
Hi my brothers age is. 9 year and he didn't talk fast he was stammering pls give me a suggestion to this he was telling. My Frds are raging me like you r stammering. please give me the suggestion Thank you.
When someone asks a question or say when I have to speak instantly. Then I fumble and stammer and take a pause and then speak my name. So my question I feel embarrassed in stammering so I want to heal it and remove it completely .how to do it?
Hi, I am 35 years having stammering problem since birth and same have been improved a lot as I grown up. I am trying further to improve it but it still persist. Tried some of the advices like chanting, yoga etc. To improve but unable to see major effects. Need to overcome from this on immediately. Can anybody help me to recover from this problem.
How to cure Stammering ?/Any medicine to stop Stammering? It will be little difficult for me to doing exercises on daily basis.
I am 19 years old. My voice is too much heavy than other boys I think that it is happening due to cough ,I have to make it normal what to do?
I am suffering from stuttering. What should I do? Is there any other treatment other than speech therapy.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.