Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychiatrists online in Villupuram. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arumuganathan Shanmugavinayagam
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Arumuganathan ShanmugavinayagamYour feedback matters!
I'm Sourav. I'm not able to focus and concentrate on my studies. I've cleared all my concepts about my subjects very well and in my exams I don't want to right anymore. I think, it would be better for me to score less marks. But I need to top in my exams. Now please tell me what to do?
Dear Doctor, If one's weight is reduced due to stress or anxiety or depression, the HDL will decrease and LDL will increases. Is it the truth?
Hello Doctor, Im married, blessed with two kids. I feel stressed and do have mood swings. I often forget the things to do. Am I suffering from Alzheimer's. Kindly suggest.
Hi sir, I am addicted to alcohol from past one year. I can not live without it at least for some days. suggest some remedy for that.
Hi I am 28 year women. I was in relationship for 5 years and in that 4 years we were studying and we were in separate city. Recently in last one year we moved in same city. And informed in home about our love and marriage. As our caste was different our parents didn't agree. But during this process we had sex twice or thrice. Later after one year of struggle in home. We ended up with broke up because of family. Now in my home they are searching a guy for me. But I am not able to move on. I am feeling guilty for having sex. I don't know. What should I do. Should I end my life or am I cheating future husband. That guilt of having sex before marriage is killing me. Please help me.
I am in 3rd year engineering and my exams are near .i am feeling depressed and a lot of stress and tension is there bcz of exams .i think it will cause hairfall .so what can I do to face this problem and avoid hairfall due to stress during exams.
You had a hectic week and by the time weekend rolls in, all you just want to do is kick back and sleep. But in the blink of an eye, the weekend’s gone and you feel stressed because you wasted it. The weekdays are all about your work and the weekends should be about you. So, here are some tips to de-stress your weekend:
- Do some yoga: Yoga is a relaxing and calming activity. So bring out your yoga mat and stretch or meditate. You would feel your stress levels dropping immediately!
- Hang out with an old friend: Call up an old friend and go check out that new café you have heard so much about. Unwind over a cup of lazy afternoon coffee and you would be surprised how happy you feel afterwards.
- Sweat your stress out: If yoga isn’t your thing, hit the gym and sweat it out by doing some cardio or playing your favourite sport. Being active prevents heart diseases and helps you lose weight while making you happy and relaxed as well!
- Potluck dinners: Host a dinner where every one of your guests brings something to eat thus, cutting down on your stress of preparing a lavish spread. And you get to socialise in plenty too.
- Trying new recipes: Read an interesting recipe somewhere over the week? Why don’t you try it out this weekend? Cooking or baking can be great therapeutic activities.
- The importance of being idle: Do nothing or pick up a book, watch a movie to relieve your stress. This is your “me” time, so do what you want to relax.
- Long walks: Not only it is a good thing for your heart, walking is amazingly de-stressing. So when you do your errands this weekend, walk instead of driving everywhere.
- Sitcoms: A good laugh can help you relax. So put on your favourite comedy show, or check out the show your friend recommended.
- Limit your chores: Don’t spend all your weekend doing chores, instead do all of them in the mornings so you can keep your afternoons free. This will keep your mind blessedly unoccupied.
- Prepare a to-do list: Yes, the last thing you need to do is prepare for the work week ahead, but making a to-do list can be relaxing, especially if you have a lot on your mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.