Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chandigarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Shivani GulatiYour feedback matters!
At age 28, when I randomly went for a health check up. I was bit surprised and shocked. My BP was on a higher side. 160+ / 84+ Doctor advised me for a detailed investigation/diagnosis of it frm a specialty hospital. My question here is what are the reason to have such BP at dis age ? I don't have any major health issues till now. What do I need to control this from now on ? What diet should I follow and what do I need to overcome this ? Please advise.
Hi I am 23 yrs old having a weight 48 kg. I am eating lots of food and also taking my meal on time then also I am weak. How will I increase my weight.
Most often I feel too tired and I can't carry on my study due to this problem. So eventually I sleep. This is affecting me a lot. Please suggest me some remedies.
Sir, I am 37 years old, I do workout for one and half hour at least four day's in week, after workout I eat dry fruits (almond-7, cashew-3, walnut -2, dry dates-2) daily, is it right to eat dry fruits after work out, please guide.
Hello doc, I'm high at temp and feeling chill around me and instead of white I'm experiencing light yellow color everywhere, I hav light headache.
I have a very less weight that's why I can't proceed to apply any govt jobs I have to increase my weight please help me.
I want to increase my weight and hight Is it possible if possible then give me suggestion how it possible.
Hi my father is a heart attack patient he got attacked 2 years ago now wt type of food he will take and he is too heavy weight person .
Hi. My child is 9 years old. Her weight is increasing. To 43 kg Yesterday morning she had a small bowl of cornflakes went to school she ate tiffen as 4 breads and some bhujia. She came back home and ate 1 small bowl of rice with dal and ALU bhaji. At 4 o clock she had 1 packet of wai WAI noodles and at night she had 2 Roti's with ALU bhaji. She is drinking 1 to 2 litres of water. She plays on wed and thursday at school. She doesn't play.
Does junk food really harm our health. How junk food ham our health. Can we consume junk food regularly.
What are the fruits which should not be eaten or avoided during diabetes and what diet should be taken.
My mom is suffering from diabetes and she is on insulin. But than also her diabetes is always above the reading table. Need help how to recover from it.
Sir, I am a boy of 15 years old, what are the problems caused due to consumption of fast food.Please tell.
Please tell me how can I loose my weight as I eat only rice daily, I don't eat roti. Please help me.
I am 25 years old I am very fat my weight is 89 kg I want to be fit what should I do to be fit my stomach is very big how can I get flat stomach?
My weight is 66 kg and height is 5 feet 2 inch. I started 45 minutes non stop jogging from today morning, so I took 4 litres of water today. Actually how many litres of water should I drink? Is there any limit to drink water for me? Is there any suggestions to continue?
I am 22 years old, I hit into gym a lot, I also work very hard but the muscles are not forming as I want I think its all about nutrition what type of nutrition plan should I follow pls suggest.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.