Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Chandel
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod ChandelYour feedback matters!
very good and highly skilled doctor
I M having problem in my tongue there are little little in hindi you say chole at my tongue why is this and what to do.
I am decided to wear braces for teeth but my dentist want to remove two upper teeth and two lower teeth But my friends saying that by removing teeth it effects your eye. Is it true it causes any effect on eye, it effects any another body part or it causes any effect on future?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"
Hii. Already 4/4 extraction of my teeth short upper lip gummy smile vertical maxilaru excess missing 1 in lower. What is suggestion. Orthdontia like 5/5 extraction rcts, molar surgery then mi, oripr etc else leforte 1 ost or segmental etc.
I do have half broken front teeth. What treatment should I follow or what are the various option do I need to consider in order to get back my smile. Is there any other option other than replacing my broken teeth with the new one. If yes, then how much it will cost. Kindly suggest me. Thank you.
I have to remove one of my rear side tooth due to decay. On removing it, it was found that the tooth next to it has a small black spot on it. Do I need RCT. Please advise.
I can not open my mouth properly. Only one finger can be entered when I open my mouth. Also my teeth are very yellowish from last 7-8 years though I regularly brush. please provide me some help or any type of medication .or what will be the cost if I go through some medical treatment. please help.
Stay away from cold drinks to keep your teeth in good shape.