Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Singhal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas SinghalYour feedback matters!
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
Tip: What skin differences can you expect when you're pregnant?
My father is taking a tension and speaking himself, he is taking some medicine from last two year. But no result found. Sometimes he feel good when he takes green tea regular. Please suggest me best medicine for him.
Up�Question Must Be Like: I have not slept for 2 days and now my head is aching, what to do? Please help me Orstomachache from 3 days, thought it will be ok, but still its the same, what to do?
"Get off the mobile and go outside" - are these words being heard more commonly nowadays than at any point in time before? Humanity has just stepped into one of the newest psychiatric disorders. What is worse is that the medical world is divided on whether this should be considered as a disorder, or simply be passed off as a generation gap. Let us look a little deeper about the disorder.
What is internet addiction?
Only recently did Internet addiction and phone addiction became a part of the diagnostic and statistical manual of the mental disorders i.e. Internet addiction is now effectively considered a psychiatric disorder, and there are chances of identifying and treating it using medically approved means. As the name suggests, internet addiction and phone addiction means that the person is using his creative and designated time on a medium when he is no longer required to. Simply put, it becomes an obsessive habit on part of the person to look into his/her phone and use the internet as a routine activity. Long term addiction can lead to many psychological factors such as withdrawal symptoms, depression, and general loss of awareness about the surroundings. For most people, the syndrome can be an underlying factor of an even more severe health condition that the person is trying to mask by whiling away his/her time on the internet and mobile.
Addiction in today’s world
As of now, only two countries, South Korea and China have identified the disorder, and treatments are administered. Europe and the United States have also categorised it as a disorder, and research is being done on it. The general treatment plan that exists presently, aims to understand the patient first. The psychiatric treatment tries to successfully bridge the user and his/her addiction. From practicing different times of using the internet, to suggesting new schedules and goals, the person can be slowly be eased back into society. The purpose of psychiatric intervention is not to block the internet/ mobile usage completely, but to limit it. A person is educated to get his satisfaction in other forms, like relationships, outdoor activities.
Though still in its early stages, the medical world has made it clear that its contribution towards these mental addictions would increase many fold in the very near future.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir I have a hair fall problem and it is falling rapidly pls suggest what I do and my doctor says it is androgenic alopecia.
Bloating, cramping, headaches, nausea are very common during menstruation—painful symptoms women go through when during their monthly cycle. During this time, women tend to crave salt, desserts, caffeine or liquor. One should look out for different alternatives to prevent menstrual cramps and satisfy their cravings.
Menstrual cramps cause a great deal during the menstrual cycle since the withdrawals interrupt the blood stream to the wall of the uterus. Stomach aches, lower back pain and leg cramps are some common and basic side effects. Here are a few ways yoga can cure the problem:
- Janu sirsasana (head-to-knee forward bend): Go down on the floor in a sitting position with your legs stretched out forward. Twist the right knee outward to a 90 degree angle and press the right foot into the insides of the left thigh. Get the left shin or foot, breathe in, tighten the hips, and place the stomach over the straight leg. Breathe out, and broaden the spine and stretch out the chest. Straighten your back.
- Pasasana (noose pose): Come into a full squat position with you feet together and drop your hips down towards your heels. In case your heels do not reach the floor, put a pillow underneath. Breathe in and twist your knees to one side as you turn your abdomen to one side. Breathe out, touch the back of your upper left arm with the outside of your right leg and reach the left lower arm to touch the foot.
- Ustrasana (camel pose): Bow on the floor with the knees and hips. Turn your thighs inside and press your shins and feet firmly into the floor. Lay your hands on the back of your hips. Breathe in, lift your chest, and press your shoulders down towards the ribs. Breathe out, push the hips forward as you stretch the front of the body and bend backwards. Keep your hands on the back of your hips or on the back of the heels. In case you put your hand on the heels, press your toes into the floor to lift the heels higher.
- Supta padangusthasana (reclining big toe pose): Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and stretch the legs. Lay your head on the floor, breathe in, bend the right knee, and hold the toe with the right fingers. Put your left hand on top of the upper left thigh to put the left leg down.
- Towel hook: Breathe out and stretch the right leg to the extent your body permits. You can likewise use a towel or belt to wrap around the right foot to help. Breathe in; lift your head up towards the right leg and hold the left leg down. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.