Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chandigarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana JainYour feedback matters!
My fallopian tubes are blocked. I m nt conceive. I want a child. please suggest me. What should I do?
Pls tell the sign of pregnancy in details and pls tell me the test for pregnancy which are done in the home using homemade things. (urgent pls reply as soon as possible)
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your sex without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
- Intra Uterine Device: A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off.
- This causes puncture in the uterus.
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting.
- Depo Provera Hormonal Injection: This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue.
- Decrease of bone density.
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place.
- Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and blood clots in very rare cases.
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted.
- Condoms: Effective condoms are made of latex or polyurethane. Unrolled, condoms look like long, thin balloons. They prevent body fluids from mixing when two people have sex. The condom is put onto the penis before the penis comes into contact with the vagina, mouth, or anus. General Tips:
- Use a water based lubricant to decrease the chance of the condom breaking.
- To decrease the chance of the condom slipping down the penis or falling off inside the vagina, pull the penis out of the vagina right after ejaculation.
- Hold the rim of the condom onto the shaft of the penis during withdrawal.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.
- Never re-use a condom.
- Vaginal Ring: Mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache.
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
- Diaphragm: A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
- Hormonal implants: This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery.
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out.
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted.
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello Sir and madam. If a girl taken ipill after her days of ovulation day. Any chance of pregnancy?
How to get rid of hanging belly after pregnancy. The enlarged piece of skin is remaining the same even after one and half years from delivery. Please help me the natural or home remedy to get rid of it.
Sometime I have severe pain in my breast There may be 2 or 3 lump but I do not know what to do it? I discussed with one of the doctor he said that we have to take out that lump through h minor operation. I am not sure that operation will rectify this lump prblm for always. Please I want your advice help me.
Wrinkles and fine lines aren’t the only changes that occur with age; your sleep cycle is affected as well. It is a common misconception that the amount of sleep you need declines with age. Sleep needs remain constant throughout our adult lives but with age, people often find it increasingly difficult to fall asleep and have trouble staying asleep. Not getting enough sleep can trigger other conditions and hence it is essential to have a good night’s sleep.
Occupational therapy is often used to treat sleep disorders faced by elderly people. With the help of bedding management, sleep hygiene and choosing the right nightclothes they reduce involuntary napping and help patients regulate their sleep wake cycle. They also train patients on how to use equipment such as a sleep apnea machine to facilitate better quality of sleep. Analysing the problem is the first step by occupational therapist use to developing sleep routines. Here are a few common sleep problems that are experienced by people as they age.
- Insomnia: Wanting to go to bed earlier at night and waking up early in the morning is a normal effect of aging. With age, you may also feel the need for an afternoon nap to supplement your sleep. There are many conditions that could trigger insomnia in the elderly. Primary amongst these are stress, poor sleeping conditions, lack of exercise, side effects of medications, menopause and pain or medical conditions.
- Sleep apnea: Sleep apnea can be defined as breathing that stops for a few seconds or minutes while asleep. Along with age, being overweight also puts people at a risk of suffering from sleep apnea.
- Restless leg syndrome: The need to continuously move your leg is known as restless leg syndrome. This is often accompanied by throbbing, itching, pain, cramping or burning in the legs that can be relieved by movement. These symptoms are more acute at night make falling asleep difficult.
- Periodic limb movement disorder: Many people move their limbs while asleep without realizing it. With age, this condition can worsen with movements lasting for anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours through the night making him wake up tired and irritable.
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders: Circadian rhythm is the natural wake-sleep pattern followed by a person. With age, this pattern gets disturbed due to changes in hormone levels, activity levels and social activities. For many people this results in shorter sleep cycles and can cause sleep deficiency.
- REM behavior disorder: In very rare cases, people act out their dreams. Though this movement is uncontrolled, it differs from sleep walking as the person is most likely to remember the dream on waking up.
I have done unprotected physical relation with my boyfriend on my 8th day from MC started. Then I took pill (unwanted 72) .Now on 15th day of MC I bleed and also bleed today (16 th day of MC) .I am feeling same pain when I feel in periods. What is this problem? Am I getting my periods very early? Is it matter of concern? please help me.
I am 36 years old. Last 3 years I am trying for a baby. My sperm report is as follows - actively motile-0% Moderately -20% Sluggishly Motile-15% Non motile-65% Doctor advise for PaterniaXT and miracle 200 mg. Whatshould I do?
I always feel horny as in my vaginal always wants some orgasms what shall I do can I masturbate with something give me suggestions.
Me and my gf were making out in shower not having intercourse. I ejaculated on her stomach she felt my sperm touches her vagina. To be sure she took a morning after pill within an hour. Can she get pregnant as we did not had sex .please help. Thankyou.
Hi all, THE CONCERN HERE IS. WE HAD UNPROTECTED INTERCOURSE ON 28TH OF MARCH 2016. AND MY PERIODS WERE DELAYED BY 2 WEEKS IN THE month OF APRIL AND LATER IT CAME ON TIME IN THE MONTH OF MAY. ON 10TH IF THE MONTH. TODAY ITS 15TH OF JUNE AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY PERIODS WHICH ARE YET TO COME. I AM HAVING A WHITE VAGINAL DISCHARGE INSTEAD WHICH I EVEN HAD IN THE MONTH OF APRIL. HOWEVER,I AM LATE BY 5 DAYS AS OF TODAY. PLEASE ADVICE CAN THERE BE ANY CHANCE OF PREGNANCY AND THERE HAS BEEN NO SEXUAL contact SINCE WE HAD THE PILL IN MARCH. AND I ALREADY HAD GOT THE PERIODS IN APRIL AND MAY ONLY THE INE FOR THIS MONTH OF JUNE ARE DELAYED. PLEASE PLEASE ADVICE POSSIBLE EFFECTS AND CAUSES. Thank you.
I ovulated on 2nd and have been trying to conceive. Frm d very nxt day I have been experiencing pms kind of symptoms like tingling sensation in d breasts and pain in d legs. Is ths a sign that I have not conceived? Very worried had a lot of expectation ths month.
Hello. Doctor. I am not getting my period since 1 month. The expected date was 24th Oct. And I have done kit test. It was negative. So I had consult my doctor. She has given me tab deviry 10 mg to get my period. Can you let me know is there any side effect of this tablet. Cause I am feeling nausea.
Dear Sir/mam I am suffering from pcod from 11 years I have taken so many oral hormone and metformin but the result is zero I also have taken apcod but result yet zero I don't have regular period and a very less blood flow please suggest me some treatment.
My wife ultra sound report said Opinion right sided mixed adenenexal mass? Twisted ovarian cyst. Please tell me what should we do?
A great amount of research has been done on the negative implications of screen time on children and adolescents, but even adults are greatly affected and may suffer from certain health problems due to screen addiction.
The following are a few health implications that one should be aware of when it comes to screen addiction
- Restructuring of the brain: This health impact is as complex as it sounds. An increased amount of screen time definitely does affect the grey and white matter which form the brain. Restructuring of the brain generally takes place in hard core electronic device users, although those who do not use electronic devices very frequently may also be at an increased risk. Excessive screen addiction can lead to shrinkage of the grey matter and can hinder the effective functioning of white matter.
- You are more susceptible to diabetes, high BP and obesity: The long hours of sitting in front of the computer or watching videos on your tab can affect the metabolic syndrome of the body, resulting in bad health. In fact, your metabolic syndrome may still be affected even though you partake in physical activity such as walking or running after hours of sitting still.
- You may suffer from eye strain: There is a very common saying that goes ‘too much TV will make your eyes go square’, although this is not true, too much screen time does lead to severe eye problems, the most common of which is eye strain. It can also lead to retina damage and research shows that use of electronic devices such as phones and tabs at night hinders with sleep too.
- Increases mortality rate and risk of cardiovascular disease: Long hours of playing video games or working in front of the laptop does increase the chances of cardiovascular disease. Moreover, a recent study reveals that an unhealthy amount of screen time increased the chances of death to 52%. Even if you do diligent exercise, the damage to your health is more due to excess screen time, whereas exercise reduces mortality risk only up to 4%.
Thus, it is very important that you manage your screen time strictly and continue to live a happy and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.